Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Caldari State is made up of eight mega-corporations and has three major political factions?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: The most obvious thing I wish I'd learned earlier ...  (Read 36165 times)

Vikarion

Re: The most obvious thing I wish I'd learned earlier ...
« Reply #15 on: 20 Apr 2010, 20:51 »

"... wait, you can move that little module circle thingy? AND arrange overview by range and name?"

Yeah. This one.

Oh, and Cia, IIRC, when I met you, you were also warping to every gate at 15km...because you thought you had to use the autopilot to travel.

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
« Reply #16 on: 20 Apr 2010, 21:16 »

For me it was "shield tank on a Thorax is dumb".  :oops:
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #17 on: 20 Apr 2010, 23:27 »

Oh, and Cia, IIRC, when I met you, you were also warping to every gate at 15km...because you thought you had to use the autopilot to travel.

True. But I was only 3 days old at the time, so it stands out as less of a ::facepalm:: moment.
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #18 on: 20 Apr 2010, 23:51 »

For me it was "shield tank on a Thorax is dumb".  :oops:
lol yeah, I remember those days.  I don't remember who first linked me to a good "Don't mix tanks!" article, but it changed my EVE life forever for the better

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #19 on: 21 Apr 2010, 02:19 »

EVE-Mon's Reposition Window Feature. Actually minimizing EVE breaks my computer for some reason, but with windowed mode and the right settings in EVE-Mon, I can flick back and forth with impunity :D

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #20 on: 21 Apr 2010, 03:29 »

True. But I was only 3 days old at the time, so it stands out as less of a ::facepalm:: moment.
AHAHAHAHAhahahahaha, haha, no it doesn't.

Oh, Ciah <3
"... wait, you can move that little module circle thingy? AND arrange overview by range and name? God damnit."

Heh, yeah there is actually a fair amount you can do with the UI. Doesn't compare at all to a certain other game in customization, but yeah...HUD module circle thingy can go left and right and can also be put at the top of the screen. You can also move the targets around and flip them vertical to horizontal.

My current UI config does both actually: http://i42.tinypic.com/213f0py.jpg
You wanna do me a favor and tell me what the discussion in OOC was about? Looks interesting.
The "stack all" button.

I'd been living in Providence for months, and was meticulously stacking each type of loot by dragging one item on top of the next.

Over.

And over.

And over again.
Poor Esna : /
« Last Edit: 23 Apr 2010, 20:02 by Ashar Kor-Azor »

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #21 on: 21 Apr 2010, 10:17 »

Emailed you a copy of the log Ashar, it was looong and I'm feeling lazy enough to not want to re-read the thing to remember the context. :P
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #22 on: 21 Apr 2010, 15:40 »

I've had too many cases of this...I think others can name instances better than me...can't recall any atm, but I'll be sure to think of some.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #23 on: 21 Apr 2010, 15:55 »

Thanks, Misan. Apparently, it was just some politics/culture crap.

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #24 on: 21 Apr 2010, 16:02 »

Not a personal one, but one I found quite amusing. A ex-corpmate of mine had been playing for 3+ years or so, and recently discovered that cargo containers can hold more m3 than they take up in the hold.

He was SO excited, "I"m going to carry one of these around all the time!"
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Melichor Duraldi

• Clonejack
« Reply #25 on: 23 Apr 2010, 12:43 »

Overheating is probably the most important skill to have in PvP.  Whether its an "oh shi-" moment or you want to have your Legion out damage the rest of the gangs pvp battleships.  At least once overheat will save your ship.  I commonly find it most useful when solo nomming in c3 and I catch a bad angle on a multiple bs sleeper spawn.  A couple overheated repper cycles and my billion ISK legion is still in my hanger instead of floating in space  :lol:

A couple of points with overheating:
Buy the Nanite interfacing and Nanite operation books to maximize effectiveness.  Also I can't confirm but do faction modules get a better nanites used/amount repped rate?

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
« Reply #26 on: 24 Apr 2010, 05:43 »

Keeping in mind that sometimes when telling it to dock it doesn't actually dock. Yeah...I think I've probably killed a few people who thought they had docked and went afk for dinner or whatever.

Been killed a couple of times doing just that.

Some stations are especially prone to dropping you slightly out of docking range, which causes the error. Top Brutor station in Rens for example, caught quite a number of FW jockeys trying to dock there.

Stitcher

• Beats up helpless walls.
  • Egger
    • Stitcher's twitter
« Reply #27 on: 27 Apr 2010, 06:59 »

Overheating is probably the most important skill to have in PvP.  Whether its an "oh shi-" moment or you want to have your Legion out damage the rest of the gangs pvp battleships.  At least once overheat will save your ship.  I commonly find it most useful when solo nomming in c3 and I catch a bad angle on a multiple bs sleeper spawn.  A couple overheated repper cycles and my billion ISK legion is still in my hanger instead of floating in space  :lol:

This. It took losing a mission raven in high-sec to an FDU pilot who was a million miles behind enemy lines to drive this home. I put him in structure - if I'd been able to overheat, he'd have died and I'd have kept my Raven.

I grabbed the skill book later that day.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #28 on: 27 Apr 2010, 11:58 »

Ardishapur is not spelled ArdishaRpur, and Aritcio is no longer the same man as Articio.

When you're trying to be any kind of prominent political figure or just make like you know the lore well enough to write it...well.

Yeah. ^__^

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #29 on: 27 Apr 2010, 23:09 »

Control click to target  :oops:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8