Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Vitoc is the antidote to a deadly toxin, not the poison itself?  For more information see Vitoc.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: State of Caldari FW  (Read 16283 times)

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
State of Caldari FW
« on: 16 Mar 2011, 07:41 »

Over the past few days I-RED has been running operations to counter a wardec and while running in lowsec our blues (Wolfsbrigade, and COLD-Wing.) Openly engaged us, slinging comments about they dont know who we are, and how we were pirates for defending ourselves from our own blues among other outrageous comments.  :bash:

While the Gallente Militia has been respectful in almost every aspect and even assisted us against Pirate's, and hostile militia parties in the area, and so far have shown any will to impede our operations.

From a RP aspect this has me in a tough but exciting spot, since now even more Caldari militia are actively engaging us (and losing expensive ships to us) and more Gallente sending aid, I have no doubt this would be to help expand the ever growing gap in I-RED/Protectorate relations. This has already caused I-RED to actively look at pirate elements under the State banner, forcing our hand against our own state forces by destroying hostile ships, and of course this will eventually do more harm then anything else..

I can see some interesting RP aspects to the situation. Even if very little good can come of it.

Disclaimer, I am in no way QQing about fighting the Caldari militia or being attacked by our own blues (Has happened many times before and was delt with.) as the possibilities for RP in this area has expanded. Just wanting to see the response of such a escalation on the front and what impact you would think it could have.

Hamish Grayson

Re: State of Caldari FW
« Reply #1 on: 16 Mar 2011, 08:20 »

FFS. I'll see if I can fix this.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 16 Mar 2011, 08:37 »

I don't think he wants it fixed.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #3 on: 16 Mar 2011, 08:42 »

IC, extremely interesting indeed, the possibilities here.

OOC, the State militia has always had issues with internal civil conflicts, and overall not that cohesive. The reason SOTF left was because WT fleets had stopped appearing on the front, and they got bored. I'm not sure why the Caldari were always second-best up against the Gallente, but it may due to the size of them (two-thirds larger than the Gallente) but also there may be a greater volume of carebears, as State space (by virtue of being almost all highsec before BR) is/was known for being happycarebearland.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #4 on: 16 Mar 2011, 08:44 »

Its days like this I'm glad I made Senn into a criminal. He was originally gonna be an active State patriot. But if that were the case and he heard the Caldari were fighting one another and receiving aid from the Federation, he'd probably have gone straight from patriot to terrorist.

Interesting developments though. Tough to RP from. On the one hand IRED is already dealing with pirates in Federation space, on the other, they might decide its more important to deal with the state of affairs on the home front. Or try to fight a two-front war. All good choices for development imo. :D
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #5 on: 16 Mar 2011, 10:32 »

OOC, the State militia has always had issues with internal civil conflicts, and overall not that cohesive.

QFT which I always found very unfortunate and frustrating.

I'm not sure why the Caldari were always second-best up against the Gallente, but it may due to the size of them (two-thirds larger than the Gallente) but also there may be a greater volume of carebears

Pretty much is. A large majority of CalMil is just there to run missions and gain LP for ISK making. Or at least thats how it was when I was in the militia.

As to the OP that situation does give rise to some opportunities for some good RP.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Vikarion

« Reply #6 on: 16 Mar 2011, 10:52 »

*Deleted*
« Last Edit: 17 Mar 2011, 00:29 by Vikarion »

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #7 on: 16 Mar 2011, 11:37 »

Stop mixing OOC with IC Vik.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #8 on: 16 Mar 2011, 11:38 »

IC, since your own countrymen already spit on you and you already fight to keep peace in Federation space... Why not say fuck the State and go pro Fed? ...Or go Gurista, after all Gariushi had an interesting and colourful past before his untimely demise and I'm sure his former associates still have resources invested in Ishukone.

OOC, turning jacket to wear the eagle instead of the C would be a rather "what a twist!" moment. Nevertheless, interesting times indeed.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #9 on: 16 Mar 2011, 12:11 »

[mod]Please review the FAQ and Guidelines when posting.
Words and phrases to avoid:"It's obvious" or "It's self-evident" or any other version of same. Generally, things that are self-evident, aren't. Try 'I thought [evidence] indicated that...' Don't have any evidence? "I've got the general impression that..." "To be honest..." This is a reliable indicator that the writer is about to say something rude, and is covering themselves with "But I'm just being honest!". Try being honest AND tactful. "I'm sorry, but ..." Again, a reliable indicator that that writer is about to say something rude. Take a moment, and phrase your thought in a way that doesn't require an apology. Also on the same lines: "I have to say that ..." and "I can't help feeling that..." Words or phrases to practice using:"It's my opinion that ..." Yes, we all know that you wouldn't be posting it if it wasn't your opinion. But phrases like "I think.." help remind the writer that it IS just an opinion, not The Way Things Are, and they let your reader know that you've taken the time to remember that."That's certainly one way to look at it, but I tend to ..." or "I can see how you'd reach that conclusion, but I tend to put more weight on ..." are useful phrases that let the reader know you respect their right to have an opinion, even if you have a different one.
Further problems may lead to stronger moderator action.[/mod]

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #10 on: 16 Mar 2011, 13:42 »

It's widely known in the State militia that you guys have cooperated, helped, and worked with GalMil. We don't need those kind of "friends", in my personal opinion.

To be quite honest, due to your consistent friendliness towards the Gals, neither I nor my character see you as loyal to the State or even Ishukone, but just as an opportunistic alliance displaying a logo that misleads people as to your purpose. However, that's my viewpoint - I'm not saying your RP is wrong, just what it looks like to me.

You do not seem to understand our organization stands for, we have cooperated with the Gallente Militia only on occasions that did not involve us in the Factional War, we are very loyal to the Caldari State (Not Heth's State) and even more Ishukone. Us being friendly to them allows us to conduct trade, and keeps us in Intaki without another MDP war raining down on our heads. Just because we are unbiased, and conduct trade with all four empires loyalists doesn't means otherwise.

(Also how we supposed to be friendly with the Protectorate when they openly engage us under the falsehood of being our allies..)

IC, since your own countrymen already spit on you and you already fight to keep peace in Federation space... Why not say fuck the State and go pro Fed? ...Or go Gurista, after all Gariushi had an interesting and colourful past before his untimely demise and I'm sure his former associates still have resources invested in Ishukone.

OOC, turning jacket to wear the eagle instead of the C would be a rather "what a twist!" moment. Nevertheless, interesting times indeed.

I agree it would be interesting but in the end I-RED is and will always be loyal to the Caldari people and Ishukone, I do not think I would make a good pirate.

FFS. I'll see if I can fix this.

I do not mind the help, but it would seem they are happier smacking and getting smashed then anything else.. and the willingness to engage us while under blue because they didn't know who we were is something we do not look in for a ally.

« Last Edit: 16 Mar 2011, 13:45 by John Revenent »

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #11 on: 16 Mar 2011, 13:52 »

Stop mixing OOC with IC Vik.

I don't really know that he is.

ICly Ember had about the same viewpoint towards I-RED for pretty much the same reasons. She probably wouldnt have said anything but she viewed his friendliness with the Gallente as a betrayal of sorts to the State. She knows that its part of what Ishukone does to foster trade and all that, but she doesnt like it.

OOCly I thought you were doing a pretty good job of being a liberal aligned corp. The road to peace is often paved with lots of money and supporting trade between the nations is a way to help with that.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #12 on: 16 Mar 2011, 14:42 »

John's post reads just as IC/OCC as Vik's.

DosTuMai

• Dirty Pirate Bitch
  • Omelette
  • Yarrr~~
    • Ravings of a Lunatic
« Reply #13 on: 16 Mar 2011, 15:04 »

OOC:
I've had 'fights' with some squids back when I was Yarr, they either blobbed or fled liek scaerded children.

IC:
Dossie doesn't like the State because they're scum. Mei will just shoot whatever's in front of her, so FW is great.
do { aLittleDance(); make(aLittleLove&); cin.get(down); } while(tonight);
Quote from: Raynman37
Go down to the end, take a left at etc and you should see usr right there in front of you.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #14 on: 16 Mar 2011, 16:46 »

So this is really just an issue of blue-on-blue.  Outside of CAIN, I am not aware of any corps in stpro  who care about those outside of the stpro who claim to be loyal to the state.

LDIS goes out for a roam in the war zone and we are pretty much targets for both sides.  The only people who will recongize who we are will be other rpers. If they are under a fc who doesn't recongize the corporation/other standings then blues are going to end up shooting at us.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8