Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Blood Raiders are a sect of the Sani Sabik who spend their lives in space hunting down and harvesting non-believers for their blood? Read more here!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: State of Caldari FW  (Read 16285 times)

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
Re: State of Caldari FW
« Reply #15 on: 16 Mar 2011, 17:26 »

So this is really just an issue of blue-on-blue.  Outside of CAIN, I am not aware of any corps in stpro  who care about those outside of the stpro who claim to be loyal to the state.

LDIS goes out for a roam in the war zone and we are pretty much targets for both sides.  The only people who will recongize who we are will be other rpers. If they are under a fc who doesn't recongize the corporation/other standings then blues are going to end up shooting at us.

Same can be said about most of the Gallente Militia yet when it came down to the MDP wars last year RP was more active in this area of the conflict, its not if they RP or not but what kind of impact it will have on the area in the RP realm. Most of the people that we engaged in the MDP were not Role-Players but retracted all hostilities onto I-RED not one day after the Intaki Assembly spoke out about Ishukone and their reasoning to be there.

Even if Wolfsbrigade do not RP, what they do has an effect on how the Caldari State can respond being one of the largest players in the Protectorate. In the end with what I have seen in the FW front it has the possibility to build upon story.

Major JSilva

« Reply #16 on: 16 Mar 2011, 17:48 »

This is one of the reasons I joined the Amarr Militia over the State. The Caldari Militia was full of carebears and I was told pvp was non-existant and if the internal conflict is a bad as you say then all this is quite expected. I find it no surprise that several Caldari FW corps can't beat I-RED battle-hardened 0.0 fleet's and FC's.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #17 on: 16 Mar 2011, 19:22 »

if the internal conflict is a bad as you say then all this is quite expected.
What makes I-RED (or LDIS) internal to the Caldari Militia?  Nothing,  this isn't a case of a Caldari Militia corp shooting a Caldari militia corp.

If Amarr militia shoots at CVA, is it an internal conflict?  No...

I find it no surprise that several Caldari FW corps can't beat I-RED battle-hardened 0.0 fleet's and FC's.
Why should anyone be surprised that those participating in what CCP considers a stepping stone to 0.0 would lose to those with lots of experience in 0.0?

Same can be said about most of the Gallente Militia yet when it came down to the MDP wars last year RP was more active in this area of the conflict, its not if they RP or not but what kind of impact it will have on the area in the RP realm. Most of the people that we engaged in the MDP were not Role-Players but retracted all hostilities onto I-RED not one day after the Intaki Assembly spoke out about Ishukone and their reasoning to be there.

Even if Wolfsbrigade do not RP, what they do has an effect on how the Caldari State can respond being one of the largest players in the Protectorate. In the end with what I have seen in the FW front it has the possibility to build upon story.
I agree with you entirely.

I think the FDU is a unique creature do to the independent efforts of Jules & Zagamesh.  STRIX built an internal alliance within the FDU with clear goals with RP-flavor.  The corporations were introduced to RPing the conflict.

In my opinion, this has never happened in the Caldari militia.  I don't think there has been a significant enough presence on the part of Caldari RP to lead and put RP spin on the Caldari side of the conflict.

Since Wolfsbrigade is "undeclared" when it comes to corporate allegiances they might be supportive of any of the Big 8 (the ones who pay well) and the story may be more about a competing mega trying to weaken Ishukone's successes.

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #18 on: 16 Mar 2011, 19:32 »

So this is really just an issue of blue-on-blue.  Outside of CAIN, I am not aware of any corps in stpro  who care about those outside of the stpro who claim to be loyal to the state.

LDIS goes out for a roam in the war zone and we are pretty much targets for both sides.  The only people who will recongize who we are will be other rpers. If they are under a fc who doesn't recongize the corporation/other standings then blues are going to end up shooting at us.

And this makes a lot of sense. Which is why our response was:

IC: It's an outrage! Die!

OOC: It's actually cool for everyone to have more people to pew.

Syylara/Yaansu

• Egger
« Reply #19 on: 17 Mar 2011, 04:08 »

There's something satisfying about the symmetry of CalMil having friction with Ishukone while GalMil has friction with Intaki :9.

Very much reflects those real life scenarios when the people trying to find a peaceful alternative are made out to be "traitors and collaborators!"

DosTuMai

• Dirty Pirate Bitch
  • Omelette
  • Yarrr~~
    • Ravings of a Lunatic
« Reply #20 on: 17 Mar 2011, 04:19 »

There's something satisfying about the symmetry of CalMil having friction with Ishukone while GalMil has friction with Intaki :9.

Very much reflects those real life scenarios when the people trying to find a peaceful alternative are made out to be "traitors and collaborators!"
^This.
It's the Human condition. Unfortunately, radical thinking isn't always a popular choice, neither is it liked by the powers that be.
As a race, we're not wise enough yet to see the sense in these ideas and that translates to both IC and OOC. There are always people that strive to keep war going because they'll benefit from it. That and New Eden would be boring if it was all hugs & kisses followed by hours of staring at rocks.
do { aLittleDance(); make(aLittleLove&); cin.get(down); } while(tonight);
Quote from: Raynman37
Go down to the end, take a left at etc and you should see usr right there in front of you.

Bataav

• Egger
    • Intaki Liberation Front
« Reply #21 on: 17 Mar 2011, 05:10 »

So... if both the Assembly and Ishukone had enough of the "traitor" accusations and they already have an established working relationship together... hmm...

Ishukone - the Intaki Megacorp...

oops, did I say that out loud?  ;)
#FreeIntaki | #IntakiPride

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #22 on: 17 Mar 2011, 08:06 »

This is why I think Gallente/Caldari RP thrashes Amarr/Minmatar in this aspect...we've got so many different sides with different objectives...the RP that is spawned from this would/be crazy...

In terms of war, this is expected. If LDIS go roaming around in the warzone, well, I guess you would be "civilians" in a designated fighting area, and thus anything is possible. In terms of the State, they often (in secret, and never publically AFAIK) fight against each other, so STPRO (perhaps the Heth dogs) destroying Ishukone (the anti-Heth...dogs) seems to fit within the scope of Caldari RP, while the overall blue-on-blue or "collateral damage" thing fits within the scope of war RP overall.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #23 on: 17 Mar 2011, 10:06 »

So... if both the Assembly and Ishukone had enough of the "traitor" accusations and they already have an established working relationship together... hmm...

Ishukone - the Intaki Megacorp...

oops, did I say that out loud?  ;)

Would be interesting if the next occupation resulted in an Ishukone factory/lab station in Intaki.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #24 on: 17 Mar 2011, 10:25 »

Game mechanic results from FW? THAT'S MADNESS!

John Revenent

• Pod Captain
« Reply #25 on: 17 Mar 2011, 13:29 »

This is why I think Gallente/Caldari RP thrashes Amarr/Minmatar in this aspect...we've got so many different sides with different objectives...the RP that is spawned from this would/be crazy...

Much more grey zones to explore in Caldari/Gallente RP, I am not a fan of Black and White RP.

In terms of war, this is expected. If LDIS go roaming around in the warzone, well, I guess you would be "civilians" in a designated fighting area, and thus anything is possible. In terms of the State, they often (in secret, and never publically AFAIK) fight against each other, so STPRO (perhaps the Heth dogs) destroying Ishukone (the anti-Heth...dogs) seems to fit within the scope of Caldari RP, while the overall blue-on-blue or "collateral damage" thing fits within the scope of war RP overall.

Indeed, I like the aspects this is creating. Though I agree a public statement would cause issues with other State loyalists, but already I have had some interesting conversations with groups like Veto.

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #26 on: 17 Mar 2011, 16:17 »

Much more grey zones to explore in Caldari/Gallente RP, I am not a fan of Black and White RP.

I think there is room for grey areas in Amarr/Minmatar RP, but it seems like everyone defaults to the slaver/anti slaver arguments. Though that is a separate discussion entirely.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

John Revenent

• Pod Captain
« Reply #27 on: 17 Mar 2011, 17:26 »

I think there is room for grey areas in Amarr/Minmatar RP, but it seems like everyone defaults to the slaver/anti slaver arguments. Though that is a separate discussion entirely.

I agree, I-RED tries to exploit grey area's in Matari/Amarr RP. Its why we conduct trade/deals/operations with both Amarr and Matari organizations. Though its alot more challenging.

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #28 on: 18 Mar 2011, 02:11 »

Depending on people taking stances different from the slaver/freedom fighter combo, both Matari and Amarr RP does have about the same potential as any Caldari or Gallente RP. For example, during peace, the Empire does practice divide and conquer style management, with a good deal of small brush wars between Holders (as long as they don't really flame out of control) and lots of court intrigue.

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #29 on: 18 Mar 2011, 06:45 »

Blanket statements ftw Seriphyn, they seem to become pretty much your signature on these forums - especially concerning things regarding amarr RP.

Your oversimplification of the a/m conflict is incorrect insofar as there are plenty internal conflicts in both the amarr bloc and on the minmatar side of things.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8