Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The voice of the AI on capsuleer ships was recorded by Excena Foer? Read more here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: State of Caldari FW  (Read 16282 times)

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
Re: State of Caldari FW
« Reply #30 on: 18 Mar 2011, 07:51 »

Ignorance of something does not mean it does not exist; but the gradients in the Amarr/Minmatari conflict are simply less well known to those of us who simply do not spend the time there.  We might occasionally look at an IGS post, where the conflict does appear rather simplistic.

On the flip-side, we, on the Caldari/Gallente fronts, sometimes struggle to find cause and then explain that cause in a 15 sec sound bit.  This is important for getting those relatively uninterested in RP involved in RP.

Orthic

• Wetgraver
« Reply #31 on: 18 Mar 2011, 09:17 »

Ignorance of something does not mean it does not exist; but the gradients in the Amarr/Minmatari conflict are simply less well known to those of us who simply do not spend the time there.  We might occasionally look at an IGS post, where the conflict does appear rather simplistic.

On the flip-side, we, on the Caldari/Gallente fronts, sometimes struggle to find cause and then explain that cause in a 15 sec sound bit.  This is important for getting those relatively uninterested in RP involved in RP.

This, really. Amarr and Minnie fac war has at least the same level degree of gradation, internal dispute, etc, if not more. I can think of several instances of corps within the Amarr bloc setting each other red, yadda yadda. The perception that it is more black and white is based on what happens publicly: Almost every public dispute devolves quickly into “death to the slavers” and “for the glory of god and the empire!” The fact that there are such central issues to the war makes it easier for each side to present a unified front (publicly) and give that black and white impression. The gal/cal war doesn’t have the same obvious central issues, etc, so it’s harder to get everyone in line publicly.

Internally, however, amarr and Minnie fac war is no less complex than gal/cal. They simply don’t drag the internal conflict into the public realm as frequently, as it becomes an invitation for the other side to mock them for their divisiveness. Seriously, any time the Minmatar have an issue with each other, the Amarr show up to call them savages. And when the Amarr have problems, the Minnies show up and say “oh, and you call us savages, eh?” End result: Internal disputes aren’t made public in favor of presenting the unified, united front.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #32 on: 18 Mar 2011, 09:29 »

Yeah, that's what I mean. On IGS, the only thing we, as outsiders, see of Amarr/Minmatar is the whole "Amarr Victor!" and "We come for our people". On the Gal/Cal front, we've got Intakis allying with Ishukone, Fed Doves bashing Fed Hawks, Fed Hawks bashing Fed Doves, secessionists bleating, political discourse etc.

While within the RP I'm sure there's internal disagreements, as far as fictionally, as an outsider, we haven't seen something as underhanded and sneaky as Blind Auction, or The Ever-Turning Wheels for the Amarr.

The Gallente and Caldari are rattling each other's sabres while having their hands in each other's pockets. for the Amarr and Minmatar, we've got a guy waving a dagger at a larger guy who has a knife to the throat of the smaller guy's children.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #33 on: 18 Mar 2011, 10:18 »

[mod]Please feel free to continue discussions of Amarr/Minmatar vs Caldari/Gallente RP shades in another thread, of course doing so within the guidelines and not turning it into "ur rp is bad".[/mod]

Dirk Smacker

• Clonejack
« Reply #34 on: 22 Mar 2011, 18:16 »

IC, extremely interesting indeed, the possibilities here.

OOC, the State militia has always had issues with internal civil conflicts, and overall not that cohesive. The reason SOTF left was because WT fleets had stopped appearing on the front, and they got bored. I'm not sure why the Caldari were always second-best up against the Gallente, but it may due to the size of them (two-thirds larger than the Gallente) but also there may be a greater volume of carebears, as State space (by virtue of being almost all highsec before BR) is/was known for being happycarebearland.
Also OOC:

1. Missiles are the easy button for missions. 

2. State Pro missions are the quickest path to valuable navy ships

3. Proximity to Jita

The above are the main reasons for the vast outnumbering.  A much, much smaller percentage participate in fleets than in the Gallente militia.  Also, there was a supposed mass exodus after the Caldari won the entire warzone, leaving a vacuum that took a long time to fill.

I learned all this after the fact as I went Caldari with my first combat character with the intent on joining FW asap.

IC: I am not authorized to speak on the reasons Wolfsbrigade members would shoot anything not purple on their overhead and the advantages/disadvantages to that ROI.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #35 on: 22 Mar 2011, 18:40 »

Why are people giving IC positions on Backstage?

If someone wants your IC opinion they will post on IGS or ask you in-game in some fashion.

Dirk Smacker

• Clonejack
« Reply #36 on: 23 Mar 2011, 18:58 »

If someone wants your IC opinion they will post on IGS or ask you in-game in some fashion.
Because my corp doesn't allow me to publicly state my opinions on matters of warfare.  Stating what I would have to answer/rebut/clear up some of the things said here (IC or OOC) would have been a violation of the corporation's policy.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #37 on: 23 Mar 2011, 21:09 »

Because my corp doesn't allow me to publicly state my opinions on matters of warfare.  Stating what I would have to answer/rebut/clear up some of the things said here (IC or OOC) would have been a violation of the corporation's policy.
It was not just directed at you Dirk; you followed the lead of others.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #38 on: 30 Mar 2011, 18:15 »

Now it is interesting.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #39 on: 30 Mar 2011, 18:25 »

I am so glad I wandered into this mess.  8)

Man, I need a new sig....

(edit: New sig! Not bad for a 10min job...)
« Last Edit: 30 Mar 2011, 19:13 by Graelyn »

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #40 on: 30 Mar 2011, 18:31 »

Yeah, here's where it gets fun.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #41 on: 30 Mar 2011, 20:25 »

The reason I find it so fun is that it hardly goes against what we know of the Caldari anyway (alleged Ishukone/FIO cooperation by the Provists, STPRO are agents of Heth etc?)

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #42 on: 30 Mar 2011, 20:26 »

Wait, what happened?

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #44 on: 30 Mar 2011, 21:38 »

STPRO are agents of Heth
That is conjecture on the part of players.  I fully expect the "pro-Heth" finger to be leveled in my direction.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8