Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That KillJoy Tseng's first season racing rifter later sold for 75 million ISK?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dust soldiers  (Read 5612 times)

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
Dust soldiers
« on: 15 Mar 2011, 06:24 »

On the last Live Dev Blog one of the CCP said that the Amarr will be the first to deploy the Dust soldiers technology. Many propably thouth that it rether be Caldari or Gallente.
So i am wondering why the Amarr, their technology may not be the best but their scientists recive good education, maby it has to do something with Takmahl technology.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
Re: Dust soldiers
« Reply #1 on: 15 Mar 2011, 06:27 »

I'm not sure where the impression the Amarr don't have good tech comes from. For one thing, they are supposed to have some of the best cybernetics technology in the cluster. They're no slouches when it comes to other areas either. They also probably don't mind doing the human testing needed for Dust soldiers, so that makes a certain amount of sense to me.

Amann Karris

« Reply #2 on: 15 Mar 2011, 06:43 »

On the last Live Dev Blog one of the CCP said that the Amarr will be the first to deploy the Dust soldiers technology. Many propably thouth that it rether be Caldari or Gallente.
Well, "first" doesn't necessarily imply perfection of the technology.

So i am wondering why the Amarr, their technology may not be the best but their scientists recive good education, maby it has to do something with Takmahl technology.
Takmahl Phrenic Appendix
Takmahl Biodroid Controller

http://www.ccpgames.com/en/home.aspx There's a visual clue on that page. ;)

It makes sense, in a way. Phrenic for instance.
I'm not sure where the impression the Amarr don't have good tech comes from. For one thing, they are supposed to have some of the best cybernetics technology in the cluster. They're no slouches when it comes to other areas either. They also probably don't mind doing the human testing needed for Dust soldiers, so that makes a certain amount of sense to me.
http://www.eveonline.com/background/potw/default.asp?cid=11-03-09

I doubt that they are the ones that did the human testing.  8)  Jamyl says it herself, clear as day.

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 15 Mar 2011, 07:29 »

Sweet... so Amarr Dust soldiers will be lobotomized meat-puppets enabled by arcane Sansha techno-wizardry?!

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #4 on: 15 Mar 2011, 07:39 »

It's quite simple. The prohibitions against cloning and genetic manipulation, and the cautious nature of Amarr scientific progress, means they are the obvious choice to be first to deploy such things.

The Dust novel will probably start off as follows:
Evil priests find an evil Sansha troop doodad, and reverse engineer it in their evil science chapels, and present their findings to the evil Amarr Navy evil admirals, who all shout "hurrah, this will enable our evil schemes to proceed evilly. The Evil God be praised, in an evil fashion!".
Thus, the evil troops are evilly sent out to further evil plans to spread evilness, evilly.

\o/

Lyn Farel

« Reply #5 on: 15 Mar 2011, 08:20 »

Best technology or not, they have more or less the best ground forces all around the cluster (khanid cyber knights, kameiras, amarr elite counter-boarding companies, etc). The other empires probably have their own top elite forces, but not on such a scale I suppose. Add to that the arguments presented above concerning human testings and so on...

Im curious to know the exact reason though.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #6 on: 15 Mar 2011, 08:26 »

Lou's probably got it about right, from what we've seen previously.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 15 Mar 2011, 10:12 »

It's quite simple. The prohibitions against cloning and genetic manipulation, and the cautious nature of Amarr scientific progress, means they are the obvious choice to be first to deploy such things.

Evil priests find an evil Sansha troop doodad, and reverse engineer it in their evil science chapels, and present their findings to the evil Amarr Navy evil admirals, who all shout "hurrah, this will enable our evil schemes to proceed evilly. The Evil God be praised, in an evil fashion!".
Thus, the evil troops are evilly sent out to further evil plans to spread evilness, evilly.

TONY G ALT DETECTED! We've been infiltrated! :)

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #8 on: 15 Mar 2011, 11:21 »

If shes a Tony G alt then Tony is a lot cuter than I originally thought. :P

On the downside I think she probably hit the evil nail on its evil head with her plot synopsis.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #9 on: 15 Mar 2011, 11:50 »

On the downside I think she probably hit the evil nail on its evil head with her plot synopsis.
:cry:

Why all the hate on Amarr? We're the good guys!
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #10 on: 15 Mar 2011, 12:04 »

DO NOT FEAR BATTLE-SISTER, AMARR ENDURES!

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
« Reply #11 on: 15 Mar 2011, 12:07 »

Embrace it.  :twisted:

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #12 on: 15 Mar 2011, 12:35 »

Hate Amarr... Who ? Not me!

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #13 on: 15 Mar 2011, 12:40 »

I'm inclined to think that the Amarr's foray into experimental immortal soldiers is what established the precedent in their culture for "Cloning = no soul" thing. I am not under the impression Capsuleers caused that new topic to emerge, so it had to come from some where.

F T R, the Sansha do not have a monopoly on advanced cloning technology (and I think the Serpentis are right behind them in that department). The Sansha are the ones willing to use it quickly, though.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Amann Karris

« Reply #14 on: 15 Mar 2011, 13:38 »

Begun, this Clone War has.