Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

debris from starship combat near planets sometimes survives re-entry, as when a relay station on Yong III was destroyed by debris after a fierce fight in low orbit on 27.08YC105.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dust soldiers  (Read 5592 times)

DrizzCat

• Amarrian Loyalist
  • Wetgraver
    • Bastet's Organization of Mining
Re: Dust soldiers
« Reply #15 on: 15 Mar 2011, 14:14 »

Amarr Victor. 

And I have always pictured even the basic front line Amarr Troopers in powered armor suits with laser rifles/ornate staff type weapons that double as laser rifles (thing a Glaive with a Reinforced shaft that also houses a high powered laser rifle)

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #16 on: 15 Mar 2011, 14:44 »

You've watched too much Stargate.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #17 on: 15 Mar 2011, 15:16 »

Begun, this Clone War has.

TANCRED STILL ENDURES!

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #18 on: 15 Mar 2011, 15:32 »

It's quite simple. The prohibitions against cloning and genetic manipulation, and the cautious nature of Amarr scientific progress, means they are the obvious choice to be first to deploy such things.
I'm inclined to think that the Amarr's foray into experimental immortal soldiers is what established the precedent in their culture for "Cloning = no soul" thing. I am not under the impression Capsuleers caused that new topic to emerge, so it had to come from some where.
F T R, the Sansha do not have a monopoly on advanced cloning technology (and I think the Serpentis are right behind them in that department). The Sansha are the ones willing to use it quickly, though.

Could be a number of things. The whole Mad Emperor debacle, whatever the Takmahl were up to, etc. Even the whole Jovians and how things went pearshaped after they engineered themselves. Tends to suggest a "When Will Science Learn?" theme.

The Blood Raiders know something about mass cloning (it comes up in COSMOS), although that may just be reversed engineered Takmahl doodads. Mass cloning, but with some engineered variation so they're not 100% identical, so people don't notice.

Weirdly, it says that the clones would be "impure" for unspecified reasons, which contradicts some of the things in the chronicles. Might just be an IC confusion, as it's an agent briefing, rather than a 3rd person view. vOv.
\o/

Caspardian

• Clonejack
« Reply #19 on: 15 Mar 2011, 21:51 »

So... when do I get to start shooting clones at you?

Amann Karris

« Reply #20 on: 15 Mar 2011, 23:12 »

So... when do I get to start shooting clones at you?
Never, sadly.  I'm not playing EVE anymore.  :P
You've watched too much Stargate.
Shol'va!  Silence!

On a more serious note, I do think the writers of EVE have read too many Dune books...  I mean, Jamyl/Bad Jamyl reminds me quite a bit of Alia Atreides (Abomination-Alia, with the voice of the Baron in her head), and she has "telepathy" (hehehe, "Unless I'm born like you, I cannot think like you"), etc.  One of the Titans in Dune was named Tlaloc.  Ancient machines from beyond...

;)

EDIT:  Also, for those who may not have got the implications...

Templar.  The first "immortal soldiers" are Templars;)

At the end of days when they descend
Watch for the coming of the Ark
For within it
Salvation is carried.

-The Scriptures, Apocalypse Verses 32:6
« Last Edit: 16 Mar 2011, 03:53 by Amann Karris »

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #21 on: 16 Mar 2011, 06:15 »

(Just give Amann a couple more weeks.)

DrizzCat

• Amarrian Loyalist
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #22 on: 16 Mar 2011, 07:12 »

I do agree they will be called Templars on the Amarr Side of things. 

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #23 on: 16 Mar 2011, 08:27 »

I do agree they will be called Templars on the Amarr Side of things. 

That's a good conclusion since CCP (Tony Gonzales) stated so quite clearly last week. ;)

DrizzCat

• Amarrian Loyalist
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #24 on: 16 Mar 2011, 14:03 »

Didn't get to Hear it - I was at work - And No one Appears to have Recorded it, or Posted a Full transcript anywhere.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #25 on: 16 Mar 2011, 14:10 »

You mean like this? Or even this? (Not sure about recordings, though I understand some folks said they planned to do so.)

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #26 on: 16 Mar 2011, 14:59 »

\o/

DosTuMai

• Dirty Pirate Bitch
  • Omelette
  • Yarrr~~
    • Ravings of a Lunatic
« Reply #27 on: 16 Mar 2011, 15:12 »

I saw the topic and thought, "why would anyone want to create an army from bellybutton fluff?" Then I read it, shrugged and moved on.
I don't have a console I can play Dust on, but, here's my few pennies...

Amarr have always been quite advanced with their tech, if anything, the Minmatar are the 'technologically backwards' race, only in the regards that they've had to rebuild most of what the Amarr destroyed during their first and subsequent slave raids.
I smell a lot of dark Blooder & Snasha tech coming into play for the Amarr side. The Caldari would be more likely to use a modified version of their tube child tech.
Gallente, I'm not sure. Maybe their Dust soldiers will be bio-mechanical drone things with advanced combat AI or something. And that leaves the Minmatar, probably using some Gallente tech and stealing whatever else they need from the Amarr.

I don't do PI and I wont be getting a sexBox/PoS3/Urine console thingy anytime soon, so it doesn't really worry me. Unless I can earn easy money from it in EVE. When I get back in...
do { aLittleDance(); make(aLittleLove&); cin.get(down); } while(tonight);
Quote from: Raynman37
Go down to the end, take a left at etc and you should see usr right there in front of you.

DrizzCat

• Amarrian Loyalist
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #28 on: 16 Mar 2011, 16:26 »

CCP have it Licensensed on the Xbox 360, PS3 and the PC.  They still have not officially Stated what systems it will be coming out for.

Kazuma Ry

• Cardinal Lieutenant
  • Wetgraver
  • Enlightening a Slave near you
« Reply #29 on: 17 Mar 2011, 16:41 »

The truth is that it's not actually the Amarr that will field the first Dust troops, but actually the Khanid will field the first Dust Troops. But since we Khanid are part of the Amarr Empire, they will actually take the credit for our Crack Cyber-Warriors as they decimate planets before the Iron Boots of our Warriors and our Golden and Black Fleets.
"White as the falling snow. Black as our Citadels burned against the sky."

"Faith gained through knowledge and knowledge gained through Faith. In service to God, do we find the answers"
Pages: 1 [2]