Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Saxon Hawke has the inscription "A man travels the universe in search of what he needs and returns home to find it." added near the entry port of every ship he purchases?

Author Topic: Jin-Mei and Mannar Assemblies (an Intaki faux pas)  (Read 1074 times)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV

http://www.eveonline.com/news.asp?a=single&nid=3727&tid=4

Just realized something.

signatories to the Federal Charter retain the legal right to determine various aspects of the Assembly of their original territories

It appears to me here that the Intaki Assembly is NOT a unique creation of the Intaki, but the constitutionally-recognized administrative division specific to member states.

So, where we have 62 districts, we also have 3 assemblies. An assembly is similar to a district, albeit with much greater legal rights than a district. This seems much more sound than a central government, 62 districts and three, unique random authorities.

What do people think of this?

EDIT - also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_federation#Administrative_divisions. They have different types of divisions.
« Last Edit: 17 Mar 2011, 18:22 by Seriphyn »

Benjamin Shepherd

Re: Jin-Mei and Mannar Assemblies (an Intaki faux pas)
« Reply #1 on: 17 Mar 2011, 21:38 »

You have wayyyyy  too much time on your hands. Really.  :lol:

What do I think about this, hmm. I guess CCP has to fix it?

Bataav

• Egger
    • Intaki Liberation Front
Re: Jin-Mei and Mannar Assemblies (an Intaki faux pas)
« Reply #2 on: 18 Mar 2011, 12:23 »

http://www.eveonline.com/news.asp?a=single&nid=3727&tid=4

Just realized something.

signatories to the Federal Charter retain the legal right to determine various aspects of the Assembly of their original territories

It appears to me here that the Intaki Assembly is NOT a unique creation of the Intaki, but the constitutionally-recognized administrative division specific to member states.

So, where we have 62 districts, we also have 3 assemblies. An assembly is similar to a district, albeit with much greater legal rights than a district. This seems much more sound than a central government, 62 districts and three, unique random authorities.

What do people think of this?

EDIT - also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_federation#Administrative_divisions. They have different types of divisions.
Ooooh. Interesting.

Personally I'd never assumed the Assembly was unique to the Intaki, more simply the name of the local Governing body (as is the case in Wales - not a bad analogy really).

I'm not sure I see a faux pas, though. Might just be me missing it though  :s

Again much of the old Intaki argument (and the specific points that those of us who RP either side) is centred on details we just don't know.

For example, what is the original Intaki territory? We know that there was a period of Intaki expansion after first contact with the Gallente but before the founding of the Federation, but where are the boundaries of this territory?

For RP purposes it'd be great to see an early Federation map with the districts and local signatory territories marked out.

Luminaire would be very interesting to see as the Home system of both the Gallente and Caldari.

Or, are we suggesting that this level of self governance of a signatory's domestic territory was an amendment of the Federal charter in response to the Caldari secession to attempt to avoid the same happening again?

Also while an Assembly might have greater rights than a district we don't know where the lines are drawn. (Also a current debate in Wales regarding the Welsh Assembly's powers vs those of Westminster). Is education policy set by the Senate or Assemblies? Or commerce? Or healthcare? Does each Assembly have different levels of juristiction (again returning to the devolved UK scenario as a case in point with Westminster, the Scottish Parliament and Welsh Assembly - not forgetting the additional governments of the Channel Islands, etc etc etc)?

Or is the Federation more comparible to the current EU? (not a Federal government I know but still...) or the US? With it's State and Federal law?

So while I'm not sure there's a faux pas to fix there's clearly room for a lot more detail and as CCP has stated they're working their wa through a lot of the backstories padding out the information I'm very much looking forward to them reaching the Federation and Intaki in particular.

They had just better make it good for us secessionists  :P
« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2011, 17:13 by Bataav »
#FreeIntaki | #IntakiPride