Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The language of the Amarr empire is spoken by more people than any other language? Read more in this Chronicle.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: "Did You Know..." Public Submission Thread  (Read 42809 times)

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
"Did You Know..." Public Submission Thread
« on: 18 Apr 2010, 15:32 »

Right, so, something really weird and unexplainable happened and a post bugged, so I went into the db to remove that post directly and it deleted the whole damned thread.  So, let's try this again.

A LOT of the submissions that were made have already been added (only exceptions being unverifiables), so if you already posted a submission no need to re-post as it's probably already in the rotation.  :)

As before, if at all possible provide a link to the source of the information for interested readers to go and learn more.  Player-created content is just as welcome as PF, especially if the player-created content has gained popularity and widespread acknowledgment/use among the RP crowd.

EDIT: Now the thread's shown up again, but apparently in a different section and the second page is still exhibiting the strange bug... looking into it now.

EDIT 2: The error message cited a piece of code that doesn't seem to be wrong and that isn't causing issues in any of the other threads... chalking this up to a fluke but keeping an eye out for the same error message to appear in the future.  At this point, the best I could do was to remove the bugged thread and start it over again.

EDIT 3: The bug did indeed show up again and has now been fixed.
« Last Edit: 18 Apr 2010, 18:11 by Havohej »

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
Re: "Did You Know..." Public Submission Thread
« Reply #1 on: 18 Apr 2010, 20:13 »

Welp.

I was talking earlier about Wren's Corp Recognition Test threads. This is how I learned a lot about older corps in EVE.

Found one, two, three, and five, but there is no number four. Also found Kehmor's char recognition thread, but.

Links.
Test 1
Test 2.1
Test 3
Test 5
Kehm's test

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #2 on: 19 Apr 2010, 18:10 »

All of these are from The Burning Life. I'll try to do stuff from one chapter every day or two.

...the Sani Sabik sectarian law-enforcement organization is called the Bleeders, and is a combination of priests and policemen? (p. 18)

...that Sabik's Sepsis is a blood disease that rarely lasts into adulthood, but is considered sacrilege when it does? (pp. 20,21)

...that the Blood Raiders are a sect of the Sani Sabik who spend their lives in space hunting down and harvesting non-believers for their blood? (p. 23)

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #3 on: 19 Apr 2010, 18:57 »

Welp.

I was talking earlier about Wren's Corp Recognition Test threads. This is how I learned a lot about older corps in EVE.

Found one, two, three, and five, but there is no number four. Also found Kehmor's char recognition thread, but.

Links.
Test 1
Test 2.1
Test 3
Test 5
Kehm's test
I always find lists like these (and their replies) interesting, but I'm not quite sure how we can apply them to the Did You Know blurbs?

I apologize for not identifying (and fixing) the sticky thread bug sooner, btw!   :oops:

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #4 on: 19 Apr 2010, 19:04 »

All of these are from The Burning Life. I'll try to do stuff from one chapter every day or two.

...the Sani Sabik sectarian law-enforcement organization is called the Bleeders, and is a combination of priests and policemen? (p. 18)

...that Sabik's Sepsis is a blood disease that rarely lasts into adulthood, but is considered sacrilege when it does? (pp. 20,21)

...that the Blood Raiders are a sect of the Sani Sabik who spend their lives in space hunting down and harvesting non-believers for their blood? (p. 23)
Added; was able to link the third one to the Blood Raiders chron instead :)

Twitter

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 19 Apr 2010, 19:10 »

Even better!

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #6 on: 19 Apr 2010, 23:01 »

Did you know... Sansha Kuvakei was an industrial mogul before founding his Nation? Moar here.

...The True Slaves are loyal, implant controlled slave troops of Sansha Kuvakei? Moar here.

...that Frentix is a principle drug booster of Sansha's Nation? (I might need to do some more research on this. There's a Sansha commander who is notorious for running huge Frentix operations)

...that the Blood Raiders and the Sansha have occasional border disputes, despite being allies? (Citation needed lol)

Those came immediately to mind. The last one I'm sure I've read somewhere, but I'll probably have to reach into the dark corners of EVE to find the source again.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #7 on: 19 Apr 2010, 23:38 »

Added first two; I don't know the sources of the second two myself but they sound like they'd be interesting reading so I'll wait a bit and see if you can find 'em (or anyone else!) :)

Twitter

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #8 on: 20 Apr 2010, 03:22 »

Is there a source tag for the Angel Cartel/slaver line? I know it's one of those things I just know but I'm not sure where I got it.
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #9 on: 20 Apr 2010, 03:45 »

Pretty sure its mentioned in The Burning Life as well, but I'm also rather sure it's mentioned somewhere else as well - if I find it before an angel expert does I'll edit this post  :)

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #10 on: 20 Apr 2010, 05:19 »

I've added quite a few snippets drawn from the eve-wiki: I looked for characters or corps that I instantly knew were still active and that had an easily extractable sentence as a 'snippet'. If you'd like to see your character and/or corp up in lights in 'Did you know' please post something here for us to add.
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #11 on: 20 Apr 2010, 06:32 »

...that capsuleers frequently communicate by means of dataprojectors? (p. 30)

...that the connections inside a pod serve as both communications pathways and security wiring? (p. 30)

...that ship crews only perform cleanup, maintenance, and lower-order operations on ships? (p. 31)

...that dataprojectors have 3D gesture-based interfaces? (p. 31)

...that cleaner bombs can remove small messes, including lingering aromas? (p. 33)

...that the DED and the Sisters of EVE cooperate on audits of megacorps? (p. 35)

...that Mindflood, a sedative booster, is taken by pouring liquid from a vial onto a cloth, placing it over one's mouth, and inhaling the fumes? (p. 38)

...that communicators can synthesize and render projections of the involved individuals? (pp. 38,39)

...that greasy, deep-fried Caldari takeout food is eaten with tongs and remains popular in the Federation? (pp. 40, 41)

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #12 on: 20 Apr 2010, 12:48 »

I'm pretty sure the Mindflood drug (not capsuleer-grade booster) description mentions the way it's used. (Was it the drug that "kills brain cells faster than having the brain immersed in battery acid"?)

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #13 on: 20 Apr 2010, 13:09 »

Yus. "Highly addictive fluid of which the toxic fumes are inhaled through the nostrils of the user. Mindflood kills braincells quicker than submerging one's brain in battery acid."

But, you know, not mainlined or sniffed like paint and glue. At least, not by high-end corporate agents... :yar:

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #14 on: 21 Apr 2010, 05:24 »

. . . that there was a total information blockade during the Caldari occupation of Placid, only lifted when the Caldari Navy in the area was destroyed or driven out?

. . . that the Intaki Assembly responded directly to Julianus Soter's and other's request for information regarding Ishukone and Mordus Legion around Intaki Prime? http://www.eve-search.com/thread/1279643/page/1#19

That last one is curious. I distinctly remember that there was no news item up when I made the post. Which is why I made it. CCP timestamped the news item to make it appear closely linked to the liberation of the system. . . I'll maintain my in-game RP position about that, because I was one of the people that liberated the system, but it's just confuzzling.

. . . that Moira. Corporation is a non-governmental military organization determined to destroy Tibus Heth?

. . . that there was a Constitutional Convention sponsored by prominent Federal capsuleers, held in the Villore system? See more here http://bio.ceres.doesntexist.org/First%20Villore%20Constitutional%20Convention

. . . that Julianus Soter founded Synenose Accord, a corporation dedicated to unraveling the mysteries of w-space and the Sleeper AI?

. . . that following several months of dedicated research, the Synenose Accord held a public and widely attended conference in the shattered Seyllin system, site of the tragic Seyllin Main-Sequence event? See more here http://bio.ceres.doesntexist.org/First_Seyllin_Conference

. . . that Julianus Soter first stated his intention to liberate Federation space on December 4th, Year 111? See the announcement here: http://www.eve-search.com/thread/1225893/page/1#1

. . . that the Federal Defence Union has liberated all but six systems from Caldari occupation, precipitating a power struggle within the State?
« Last Edit: 21 Apr 2010, 05:51 by Julianus Soter »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9