Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That light pits, used to hold ships in place, are filled with complex electronic equipment, have no safety boundaries, and are lit with a dim blue light when not in use? (The Burning Life p. 77)

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: INCURSION Plans  (Read 5434 times)

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
INCURSION Plans
« on: 08 Nov 2010, 23:13 »

Alright, so INCURSION is coming.

Surely folks are looking to create corporations dedicated to pursuing this new type of game mechanic, but is there plans for an RP corp to do this?

I would love to help such an organization come to fruition.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: INCURSION Plans
« Reply #1 on: 08 Nov 2010, 23:16 »

As of now, I don't have any particular plans to participate in the Incursion content (public quests).

However, I anxiously await the PI improvements, as I'd like to see this become what I'd initially expected in Tyrannis.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 08 Nov 2010, 23:18 »

Well, that aside....

Imagine an group of capsuleers, from all races and bloodlines, united only in that the Sansha have taken someone they loved, ready to die again and again against that which has wronged all of them.

I see potential. If anyone is interested, planning and infrastructure efforts should begin early.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Arvo Katsuya

• Noble Appliance
  • Egger
« Reply #3 on: 09 Nov 2010, 00:06 »

Buying up all your shares of Dark Times.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 09 Nov 2010, 07:44 »

Wouldn't those already heavily involved in the Sansha arc be headed down this path?

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #5 on: 09 Nov 2010, 09:46 »

Well, that aside....

Imagine an group of capsuleers, from all races and bloodlines, united only in that the Sansha have taken someone they loved, ready to die again and again against that which has wronged all of them.

I see potential. If anyone is interested, planning and infrastructure efforts should begin early.

There's that Syne thing.....
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #6 on: 09 Nov 2010, 10:25 »

Well, that aside....

There's that Syne thing.....

Syne is more of an scientific take on things if I understood it right, unless things have drastically changed. Never seen syne people going at it with blind fury trying to avenge their loved ones.

Arvo Katsuya

• Noble Appliance
  • Egger
« Reply #7 on: 09 Nov 2010, 12:36 »

Wouldn't those already heavily involved in the Sansha arc be headed down this path?

Oh, no. These are for the roleplayers, when there is canonical material that proves the current state of why Nation is doing all these things now, but for this expansion we'll be virtually locked from aiding our side.

Graelyn already accepts this.

Still, what material we've seen in development does lend to stengthen the theories, and should be fun to incorporate into our roleplay. I remain hopeful there will be more stuff for our side to do in the future.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
« Reply #8 on: 09 Nov 2010, 12:45 »

Well, dammit, I can't let an idea like this go to waste. I'll do it, and I have a powerful char on deck just for it.

Contact me if you're interested in taking this on, I guess I have some brainstorming to do on a name.

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #9 on: 10 Nov 2010, 05:11 »

Well we plan to address Incursions in GW if and when they occur, and probably nearby Matari space if not dealt with sooner by someone else. It's never going to be our only goal however, it just fits with our pre-existing ones rather well.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #10 on: 10 Nov 2010, 05:23 »

Eh, when I learnt that the Sansha NPCs are SUPERWTFPWN, I figured "Shit, gonna need some massive ass corp for that, spidertanking" and as such went "fuck that, too much risk for just PvE".

Same with wormholes...only been in a wormhole and fought sleepers...once? Yeah. meh

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #11 on: 10 Nov 2010, 06:01 »

Same with wormholes...only been in a wormhole and fought sleepers...once? Yeah. meh
Not a fan?  I once did this for several weeks in C4/5s in spidertanking BC fleets w/ logisitcs backup.  Thought it was great compared to mission running and I'm stoked that they're taking it up another notch with the incursion mobs.

Graanvlokkie

« Reply #12 on: 11 Nov 2010, 01:32 »

A corp focused only on incursions, and not just incursions which happen to start in its current opperating region, would be interesting.

It would have to move alot, so good corp logistics, freighters ect in high sec, would be necesary to keep corp members from not fading away due to constant moves to follow incursions around. I know I would loose interst if I had to pack up and move all my personal assets 10 jumps every week.

Plus, with good corp logistics your whole corp could be at battle system ready to go within a few hours of the incursion starting.

But at the moment I have no plans on participating. Getting melted by the faction I want to help doesnt seem like a good way to spend my time and isk.

Random Lost Soul

« Reply #13 on: 11 Nov 2010, 06:17 »

It would have to move alot, so good corp logistics, freighters ect in high sec, would be necesary to keep corp members from not fading away due to constant moves to follow incursions around. I know I would loose interst if I had to pack up and move all my personal assets 10 jumps every week.
Unless of course the corp were centrally located.  Someplace like Yulai for instance... ;)

Mister Screwball

• Wetgraver
    • http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/7203/eatingevidencez.gif
« Reply #14 on: 11 Nov 2010, 06:40 »

Unless of course the corp were centrally located.  Someplace like Yulai for instance... ;)
Yeah Yulai isnt a good place to base. When the events started i had ships there thinking the exact same thing and there were alot of events making me do 20+ jumps
Pages: [1] 2 3