Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Sarum family is known for being the most belligerent royal family?

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: INCURSION Plans  (Read 5432 times)

Graanvlokkie

Re: INCURSION Plans
« Reply #15 on: 11 Nov 2010, 08:01 »

You could always look at making an "Incursion Kit". A small group of ships and personal assets that are needed, so as soon as one incursion is done you imidiatly pack it up and contract to the corp as a courier contract for when the next incursion starts.

It would be great for almost everyone in the corp to just be able to log in during the evenings, see where thier assets are now situated, hop in a shuttle and be ready to go.

This idea stems from the understanding that the incursions will last a number of days? Or has the idea regarding time lengh changed?

By the sounds of the mechanics you would want as many corp members in the action as soon as possible.

Edit: It wont be very good if the incursions are short in lengh. With the live events currently it is really a hastle to have to jump 10 - 15 jumps for what turns out to be 15mins of fighting by the time you get there.
« Last Edit: 11 Nov 2010, 08:04 by Graanvlokkie »

Havvie

• Clonejack
  • Knowing me, does this really surprise you?
« Reply #16 on: 11 Nov 2010, 13:28 »

Syne is more of an scientific take on things if I understood it right, unless things have drastically changed. Never seen syne people going at it with blind fury trying to avenge their loved ones.
* Havvie coughs and hands Vince a pair of glasses.
DISCLAIMER: Any or all of the statements made by this individual may consist of conjecture, manipulative paraphrase, or outright bullshit.

Vlad Cetes

• Rick Rollermeister
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #17 on: 11 Nov 2010, 13:41 »

If anyone gets a Sansha Suppercarrier bpc, wtb.
Already got Cal Carrier 5, time to start training Amarr Carrier 5.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #18 on: 11 Nov 2010, 13:42 »

Incursion Inc. - anti-Nation mercenary corporation.

I would also suggest Time Zone-based Squadrons & Incursion focused Wings.

Design it from the ground up with the intention to grow beyond a single Wing.

Each Wing also would have a non-TZ based Squadron - Logistics Squadron.  The Logistics Squadron focuses on moving the Wing's resources and acquiring local resources to keep the Wing's Squadrons in the Incursions.

The other segment would be how to distribute resources not divided by the mechanics.

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #19 on: 11 Nov 2010, 14:50 »

I'm not good in this but how much will that bpc be worth  :?:

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #20 on: 11 Nov 2010, 14:58 »

I'm not good in this but how much will that bpc be worth  :?:

countless tears

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #21 on: 11 Nov 2010, 19:10 »

Well, everyone seems to think it's a good idea, but doesn't actually want to do it.

Works for me, just thought it might be an interesting project that lets me actually play EVE with a lot of you folks that in the past I've only been able to shoot at.

Lucky for me, my Alliance of 150 folks think it's a great idea, so I'll be taking the field with a massive Amarrian-loyal fleet, as CoP is re-structured as an anti-Incursion organisation.

Thanks for the feedback though. If someone else wants to pursue the idea in the future, or work off the story behind it, all permissions and full blessings are given.

Sucks that we'll have to wait till January though.  :s
« Last Edit: 11 Nov 2010, 19:12 by Graelyn »

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #22 on: 11 Nov 2010, 19:19 »

It would suck more if they released it in a broken, frustrating state. (Here's hoping they don't do that in January anyway...)

And best of luck with the new plan! :)

Random Lost Soul

« Reply #23 on: 11 Nov 2010, 20:48 »

Well, everyone seems to think it's a good idea, but doesn't actually want to do it.
Uh, I'm interested, I just keep getting bogged down with other things.  Send me a PM. :(  I'm a lone pilot currently (just got back into the game) and I'm all for joining up for this.

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #24 on: 12 Nov 2010, 15:33 »

Well, just to keep this going, I'll throw Rho Dynamics into the ring, if someone want a non-Amarrian RP angle to this.  When this comes out, I'll probably be doing this, whenever RL permits.  Also, if anyone wants to make something bigger of this, I'd be willing to front half of an Alliance creation bill if whole corps want to join. 

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #25 on: 12 Nov 2010, 19:49 »

I'm curious about the idea of Incursion work as a kind of travelling circus, with the Toasterhunters Pursuivant, their support crews and camp followers. Making something interesting happen in local while there's an Incursion on, beyond just the Incursion-fighting.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #26 on: 12 Nov 2010, 19:56 »

I suspect other organizations that are already opposed to Nation will be ratcheting up that aspect of their activity. Will make for some interesting tension of the "WTF do I do about the enemy of my enemy?" variety.

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #27 on: 12 Nov 2010, 20:33 »

*coughs and waves*

Boma Airaken

• Egger
« Reply #28 on: 13 Nov 2010, 22:22 »

Celestial Imperative has already reformed as a revolving door anti-nation alliance. Anyone is welcome to come and go as they please and do whatever they want with basically zero rules as long as they are also participating in killing sansha loyalist capsuleers.

Haven't had time to set alot of stuff up yet, but we have already been recruiting and getting after it for a while. New description and press releases and all that junk will be out shortly.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #29 on: 13 Nov 2010, 23:57 »

Celestial Imperative has already reformed as a revolving door anti-nation alliance. Anyone is welcome to come and go as they please and do whatever they want with basically zero rules as long as they are also participating in killing sansha loyalist capsuleers.

?

I'm curious about the idea of Incursion work as a kind of travelling circus, with the Toasterhunters Pursuivant, their support crews and camp followers. Making something interesting happen in local while there's an Incursion on, beyond just the Incursion-fighting.

I don't think an interregional moving organization will work very well due to the apathy people have about moving around space so frequently. Shifting bases every week (less than if the Incursions are defeated in a few days) is an incredibly taxing prospect, especially for the logistic people who move gear around. Now single regional focused organizations will probably fare a lot better.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation
Pages: 1 [2] 3