Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Both Black Ops and Titans create artificial wormholes with their respective jump portal generators?

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Wiyrkomi  (Read 10365 times)

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
Re: Wiyrkomi
« Reply #15 on: 20 Apr 2011, 18:36 »

If I remember correctly, the Wiyrkomi Peace Corp is the jump clone corporation for Eve University. If you want to join E-UNI, you can't have any faction with the Peace Corp. That might have a some effect on player interest.

That would probably have an impact, because main Wiyrkomi agents probably have storylines for their peace corps.
WPC is one of the few combat focused corporations that also has cloning facilities in its stations.  Storyline agents are location dependent from what I can tell.

Bureeiku

• Blake Rathen
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #17 on: 21 Apr 2011, 10:49 »

Wiyrkomi Corporation Stations by Region: http://evemaps.dotlan.net/npc/Wiyrkomi_Corporation/stations

Also, they have no level 4 'combat' agents as you see by this list as well: http://evemaps.dotlan.net/npc/Wiyrkomi_Corporation/agents.

Also, no R&D agents!

From an RP perspective, they are likely 'trickier' to play, being the most 'reserved' of the patriots, unlike the nationalist popular sensationalists.
« Last Edit: 21 Apr 2011, 10:55 by Bureeiku »

Chowda

• Egger
« Reply #18 on: 21 Apr 2011, 16:32 »

They own a bunch of factory stations in Vlillierierierllierier, which shows some moxie.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #19 on: 21 Apr 2011, 19:14 »

They own a bunch of factory stations in Vlillierierierllierier, which shows some moxie.
They have stations throughout the 4 Empires (6/8 Caldari megacorps do).  I would argue the stations in Federation space are what remains of pre-Gallente-Caldari War enclaves that managed to survive the war and continue to operate post-war and potentially expand. Corps like CreoDron and Quafe are in State space and possibly were there right alongside the Caldari corps initially.

One potential theory regarding the actual cause of the Gallente-Caldari war is it actually started as a corporate rebellion, but the tone quickly become ethnic to divide the corporations.

Vieve

« Reply #20 on: 21 Apr 2011, 19:26 »

One potential theory regarding the actual cause of the Gallente-Caldari war is it actually started as a corporate rebellion, but the tone quickly become ethnic to divide the corporations.

:twisted:

Tax revolts can get out of hand really fast.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #21 on: 21 Apr 2011, 19:39 »

Holy sh-- the Caldarepublicans!

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #22 on: 21 Apr 2011, 21:05 »

I think that does both the Caldari and modern American political parties a dis-service.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #23 on: 21 Apr 2011, 21:09 »

Please don't take that seriously, I was just humorously (?) riffing on Vieve's comment. :)

Vieve

« Reply #24 on: 21 Apr 2011, 22:31 »

I think that does both the Caldari and modern American political parties a dis-service.

Agreed.

I also suspect it was likely also a conflict over jurisdiction.  States' corporate rights vs. Federation ones. 

It could have been a combination of both -- a dispute over inventory or "personal property" taxes.  Here's a crazy example. One of the counties I used to live in in Missouri not only charged a landowner property tax, but also levied a per-head tax for any livestock on that property (including emus, of all things).  One of the reasons for this that I remember being stated was that the tax monies would be used to maintain and upgrade sanitation systems to contain runoff from pastureland ... never mind that there weren't any public works projects to do that (the farmers either had their own individual impoundment systems, which they had to keep maintained so that it passed DNR standards, or shared one with a neighbor).

So, it's not hard for me to imagine a situation like this:

Federation: You owe us more taxes.
Corporations: On what?
Federation: What you have in your warehouses. The goats mowing your lawn.
Corporations: You mean the stuff we already bought and paid taxes on?  The stuff we haven't sold yet? And we have no intention of selling our goats.  They keep the lawn mowed.
Federation: ...
Corporations: !

Chowda

• Egger
« Reply #25 on: 22 Apr 2011, 12:07 »

They have stations throughout the 4 Empires (6/8 Caldari megacorps do).  I would argue the stations in Federation space are what remains of pre-Gallente-Caldari War enclaves that managed to survive the war and continue to operate post-war and potentially expand. Corps like CreoDron and Quafe are in State space and possibly were there right alongside the Caldari corps initially.
If true, then their early jump into Black Rise makes sense.  A shorter path to ship back to Caldari Space seems advantageous.  They also have a Peace Corp station nearby.

Bureeiku

• Blake Rathen
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #26 on: 25 Apr 2011, 15:33 »

So, it's not hard for me to imagine a situation like this:

Federation: You owe us more taxes.
Corporations: On what?
Federation: What you have in your warehouses. The goats mowing your lawn.
Corporations: You mean the stuff we already bought and paid taxes on?  The stuff we haven't sold yet? And we have no intention of selling our goats.  They keep the lawn mowed.
Federation: ...
Corporations: !

Heh heh.

Or even:
Federation: Nice colonies.  Fed union workers were given a fair chance at those jobs I trust and all are fully insured through Government approved institutions?  Nevermind, it should all be right here on this freight broker's form... wait, you DID keep those records, non?
Corporations: But, they get danger pay, and uhh, 'disability' insurance, yeah that.
Federation: Tsk, tsk.  I'll have to send my lawyers in to review all your books.
Corporations:  Oops, too bad they were lost to pirates in that last shipment...
Federation: Not a problem, I'll send you the tax bill for whatever I think you owe, and those colonies are off-limits until proper permitting has been processed.
Corporations: Oppression!
Federation: Criminals!

Jukko Riis

• Clonejack
    • Black Rise Colonial Exploration
« Reply #27 on: 08 Mar 2015, 15:30 »

Bump!

I actually have to go back and read all the stuff in the links.
Jukko and Thea are Wiyrkomi and live at the W factory in Samanuni.

To me, W seems a bit more blue collar than SuVee or Lai Dai. But like the other megacorps, they have their own security, their own corporate intelligence...and their own agenda.

Bwa ha ha

[BRCE: Mission Statement!](https://blackrisecolex.wordpress.com/)

Nissui

« Reply #28 on: 08 Mar 2015, 16:48 »

Wiyrkomi were the lynchpin of my brief foray into Caldari RP, and I am glad to see their name rising in prominence over the past year or so.

Ship skins look ace, too.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #29 on: 08 Mar 2015, 20:41 »

I think they are interesting - I like how their flavor of Patriot is more concerned with Traditionalism. It's a flavor of nationalism that is distinctly different than their fellow Patriots.
Pages: 1 [2] 3