Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Slavers hunt by jumping high in the air and coming down on their prey from above?

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Wiyrkomi  (Read 10366 times)

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
Wiyrkomi
« on: 13 Oct 2010, 00:59 »

Wanted to start a topic on Wiyrkomi.
The main page for Info here.

Probably the least visible (OOC) of the 'Patriot' corporations. Info says it is supposedly run by the Seituoda family, and is big in manufacturing and industry.

Found a few news articles - tried to make sure related ones are grouped:
CBD CEO and Wiyrkomi CEO have a thing?
Seituoda Family concerned about corporate growth
Wiyrkomi board member condemns CBD CEO

Everyone's thoughts. What do you think of when you think of Wiyrkomi? What about their relationship with the other Megas? The other patriots?

The whole business with Heth?
« Last Edit: 15 Jun 2013, 19:59 by Silver Night »

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
Re: Wiyrkomi
« Reply #1 on: 02 Dec 2010, 19:23 »

I'm bumping this.

Also, I'm not saying that I'll abuse my admin powers and ban anyone who doesn't contribute.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #2 on: 02 Dec 2010, 19:28 »

I'm bumping this.

Also, I'm not saying that I'll abuse my admin powers and ban anyone who doesn't contribute.
Oh, man... Uh... Wiyrkomi is like... the best!  Seriously.  Big, uh... "W" and... stuff.

(Actually using Wiyrkomi in a new yarn.  Great thread, btw, and links.  Thought of bumping it a few days ago, actually, but didn't have anything constructive to add.)

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #3 on: 02 Dec 2010, 19:30 »

Well, it seems like KK and Lai Dai get most of the attention. I felt Wiyrkomi deserved some love.

Just a friendly, family owned business.

Like MomCorp.

Dirk Smacker

• Clonejack
« Reply #4 on: 29 Jan 2011, 11:09 »

The reason people don't pay attention to them is their lack of L5 missions.

I started out running missions for them when I created this character.  What's not to love about "Wiyrkomi Peace Corp"? :)  However, I've found conflicting information about them in regards to their patriotic credentials, making them sound more pragmatic than hawkish.  If I stumble across it, I'll post it. 

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #5 on: 30 Jan 2011, 14:11 »

The reason people don't pay attention to them is their lack of L5 missions.

I started out running missions for them when I created this character.  What's not to love about "Wiyrkomi Peace Corp"? :)  However, I've found conflicting information about them in regards to their patriotic credentials, making them sound more pragmatic than hawkish.  If I stumble across it, I'll post it. 

See, I didn't know level 5s were that popular. I would have chalked it up more to not having as many stations are some of the others (plus being 'National' rather than 'Global' like Lai Dai, KK, and Ishukone).

I would be interested in the info you mention, if you do find it. Was it that they were more practical than patriot, or might it have been something along the lines of their interpretation of Patriot might have had a lot of practical elements. (Sort of a 'rugged self-reliance' model, except the 'self' involved is a vast megacorporation).

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 31 Jan 2011, 08:30 »

Except that Wiyrkomi is more "Global" than Lai Dai.  Wiyrkomi (KK and Ishukone) has stations spread across the entire cluster while Lai Dai is only in 4 regions, the State.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #7 on: 31 Jan 2011, 13:02 »

Really? My bad, I thought Lai Dai was global (maybe because of the Khanid connection). Where are most of the Wiyrkomi stations outside the State?

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #8 on: 31 Jan 2011, 13:38 »

There's a pile of them in Aridia.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #9 on: 31 Jan 2011, 14:38 »

I know Placid has a few.  In general they have stations in every empire.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #10 on: 31 Jan 2011, 15:06 »

I've always wanted to see a Wiyrkomi RP group and I'm surprised that we haven't since I've always felt they are one the most fleshed out corps.

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #11 on: 31 Jan 2011, 16:02 »

How do you pronounce it? Wire-komi? Weer-komi?

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #12 on: 31 Jan 2011, 17:35 »

A faux-Scope article by Aicar brought attention of Wirykomi in the Mannar home system...but it got zero attention, probably because it's not an area of potential interaction since no one can play as Mannar. If it's not something that concerns ourselves and our characters, it's not something of interest unfortunately (the following Scope article got plenty of attention because it was Minmatar)

I thought the "public statement" by Wirykomi in that article was particularly believable. Two hated enemies that acknowledge their differences but agree to be gentlemen and trade

Lydia Tishal

• Wetgraver
« Reply #13 on: 20 Apr 2011, 18:14 »

If I remember correctly, the Wiyrkomi Peace Corp is the jump clone corporation for Eve University. If you want to join E-UNI, you can't have any faction with the Peace Corp. That might have a some effect on player interest.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #14 on: 20 Apr 2011, 18:32 »

If I remember correctly, the Wiyrkomi Peace Corp is the jump clone corporation for Eve University. If you want to join E-UNI, you can't have any faction with the Peace Corp. That might have a some effect on player interest.

That would probably have an impact, because main Wiyrkomi agents probably have storylines for their peace corps.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation
Pages: [1] 2 3