Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ishukone corporation manufactures the mind altering Transcranial Microcontroller?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Problem with New Patch  (Read 4098 times)

Zuzanna Alondra

• Omelette
Problem with New Patch
« on: 09 Oct 2010, 19:57 »

I've uninstalled, reinstalled and clicked the buttons more then once.

But I keep getting stuck at "downloading" for the lastest patch and can't log in.

Any suggestions?  I'm on three days without Eve now.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
Re: Problem with New Patch
« Reply #1 on: 09 Oct 2010, 20:54 »

Assuming you're referring to the optional patch here...

Have you tried just saying no to it?
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 09 Oct 2010, 22:14 »

I believe there's an offline updater you can download?

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #3 on: 10 Oct 2010, 06:00 »

one way I've gotten past issues like that is to download and install it on a different computer, one that it will work on, then copying the whole eve folder to a thumbdrive and copying it back onto the computer you're trying to get working.
also, yes, eve will run on the thumb drive.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Graanvlokkie

« Reply #4 on: 10 Oct 2010, 06:03 »

I had a similar problem with the new patch. I got it working by saying "no" to it, entering the game and then choosing to install it though the "general" settings menu once in the game. A button to install the patch should be there.

Zuzanna Alondra

• Omelette
« Reply #5 on: 10 Oct 2010, 12:39 »

Lovely - it says, "The update has been downloaded, click here to update" and goes back to the being a bit- stupid program.

Perhaps God is trying to tell me gaming is bad eh?

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #6 on: 10 Oct 2010, 15:06 »

Just delete the eve folder, redownload, reinstall.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 10 Oct 2010, 15:46 »

Just delete the eve folder, redownload, reinstall.

I'm going to go with this at this point. Something's been badly messed up in your client.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #8 on: 10 Oct 2010, 21:49 »

This patch has been sh*t. Ranks about the same as boot.ini nonesense from Empyrean age patch.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #9 on: 10 Oct 2010, 22:41 »

This patch has been sh*t. Ranks about the same as boot.ini nonesense from Empyrean age patch.

boot.ini was Trinity patch I think.

Zuzanna Alondra

• Omelette
« Reply #10 on: 11 Oct 2010, 08:09 »

Frustrated as all hell - I'm actually going to resort to the straw I hate...

Call the ex and offer to make him dinner if he fixes my computer.  'Cause now my scanner is acting up - unrelated to Eve mind you, but techology is making me want to break things.

I must maintain a calm, peaceful demeanor or people will think the world is ending. 

Mew... I miss Havo... he would fix it for me. *sniffles*

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #11 on: 11 Oct 2010, 13:33 »

Alright. I'm not at home now, so I can't give specifics. Some other sucker'll have to do that.

Did you delete your cache folders?

If you didn't, or don't want to (deleting them outright will reset your settings ingame), copy them over to another directory and delete everything in the original cache folders.

It sounds like the updater for EVE isn't starting. I think it's an application file. You could try finding it and manually activating it. I suppose your security settings might be getting in its way, but generally speaking there'd be a prompt in a popup window if this was the case.

If I were you, I'd start downloading the client to a specified location on your machine. In its entirety. From the website, manually. Just leave it to download overnight if your connection's kind of slow, it'll get done. When it's done downloading, save your chatlogs and portraits folders and so forth (along with cache maybe) but uninstall EVE from your machine, then do a reinstall from the newly downloaded client installer.

If all that doesn't work, then you might have to resort to calling your ex.

Tell us about the scanner.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #12 on: 11 Oct 2010, 15:10 »

Let's not get carried away with the boot.ini problems with the Trinity expansion. That made your system completely unbootable. This is... less.

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #13 on: 11 Oct 2010, 15:28 »

Just because no one else here has menctioned it, I think, you might want to run a virus scan, just in case.  More for the scanner problem than the eve one.

Zuzanna Alondra

• Omelette
« Reply #14 on: 11 Oct 2010, 18:17 »

Running virus scanner program now - found out this laptop didn't even *have* a virus program... so much for trusting men... heh.  (The now-ex "set-up" my computer for me, I"m not exactly tech savy as much as I used to be)  I'm also copying my chat logs - as that's the only part of my Eve folder that can't be replaced.

Then I'll "uninstall" Eve and delete all the bits left over and reinstall as suggested...

Hopefully this shall save calling the ex - I take it Ashar must know two cents 'bout said ex to know why I don't want to call him.

Pages: [1] 2