Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Rimpon, an ovoid, golden coloured fruit with a tart taste, was invented by player Matariki Rain, and has since made an appearance in a number of player-created fictions?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Problem with New Patch  (Read 4103 times)

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: Problem with New Patch
« Reply #15 on: 11 Oct 2010, 18:56 »

Also, be sure to run an anti-spyware program like Spybot S&D or MalwareBytes. Good luck!

Zuzanna Alondra

• Omelette
« Reply #16 on: 11 Oct 2010, 20:59 »

"There was some corruption in the install file - please download a fresh copy."

... After wiping everything of course and moving my chatlogs...  This is the forth or fifth time now.  *screams*

Is this because I said I wanted to try FCing?  This is the matari ancestors saying FU little Intaki girl... you ain't one of us... go back to WoW...

All of a sudden the urge to kill things outside of Eve is rising.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #17 on: 11 Oct 2010, 21:45 »

Have you attempted to torrent the whole client first, then install from that saved file?
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Zuzanna Alondra

• Omelette
« Reply #18 on: 11 Oct 2010, 21:56 »

I think so?  *face palm*  I'll try it again in the morning when I don't want to kill things.

Mew.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #19 on: 11 Oct 2010, 22:38 »

Alright.  :(

Honestly, though, it sounds like there's some seriously messed up stuff going on either with your ISP or something in your computer corrupting data.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Zuzanna Alondra

• Omelette
« Reply #20 on: 13 Oct 2010, 19:42 »

I give up.

I was really looking forward to toying around until Havo came back and doing some quiet RP on Zuzu here and there, but frankly, I can't afford the accounts and I ain't fighting this damn program anymore.

If any of you all live near me in Washington - I'll feed you if you fix it... but I am a backstage lurker now.

CCP can take their fancy new patch and shove it up their...

Kaldor Mintat

• Egger
« Reply #21 on: 14 Oct 2010, 10:03 »

Awww  :(

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #22 on: 14 Oct 2010, 11:31 »

If you have a second computer to work from and an OS disk, you could try a reformat, see where that gets you. I've found that issues tend to vanish after you've wiped your PC and reinstalled the basics.

Just make sure you have the driver discs that came with the machine and you should be alright.

Zuzanna Alondra

• Omelette
« Reply #23 on: 14 Oct 2010, 11:54 »

I'm not tech savy to do a full reinstall of my system itself.  The last time that happened I lost my honeymoon photos.  (Thanksfully the wedding ones where on CD's.) and with my laptop having all my babyphotos, I just can't do that by myself.

Or more correctly - I won't.

My second computer is a Mac - the mac client is very different from the PC client.

I wouldn't know what CD's where were which driver things to save my life.  But when I'm less angry at the computer, more homework is done and my life is in less chaos I will be back.

Just maybe not on Zuzu... *giggles*

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #24 on: 14 Oct 2010, 14:33 »

Awww.  :( Well, whoever you come back on, I'll look forward to your return - I miss arpees with you already!
Pages: 1 [2]