Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Faster than Light Communication is regulated by CONCORD? Read more here.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [Chronicle] Tattoos  (Read 7517 times)

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
[Chronicle] Tattoos
« on: 20 Sep 2010, 10:22 »

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
Re: [Chronicle] Tattoos
« Reply #1 on: 20 Sep 2010, 10:57 »

Somewhat disappointed that nano-tattoos were forgotten (i.e. tattoos that can change color and thus possibly shape). Though there's another chron of them. Otherwise rather nice read. (Similarly, why remove tattoos with a laser when you could use nanobots to remove the tattoo?)

Arvo Katsuya

• Noble Appliance
  • Egger
« Reply #2 on: 20 Sep 2010, 11:09 »

I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #3 on: 20 Sep 2010, 11:19 »

I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

This.

Forever.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 20 Sep 2010, 11:40 »

I liked this chron... seems to suggest that Amarr and Caldari do not use/approve of tattoos at all?

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #5 on: 20 Sep 2010, 13:26 »

Somewhat disappointed that nano-tattoos were forgotten (i.e. tattoos that can change color and thus possibly shape). Though there's another chron of them. Otherwise rather nice read. (Similarly, why remove tattoos with a laser when you could use nanobots to remove the tattoo?)

this seemed to be focusing on the minmatar, who still use normal ink, I'd figure the other races probably have more elaborate tattoos, particularly the Gallenteans, who probably use nanobot tattoos and OC tattoos, I made Nikita heavily etched in OC tattoos to run all her haptics and her inserts and her wetwirings.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #6 on: 20 Sep 2010, 13:37 »

I liked this chron... seems to suggest that Amarr and Caldari do not use/approve of tattoos at all?

I don't think that it the intent.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 20 Sep 2010, 13:46 »

It definitely suggests that about the Amarr. Or at least they disapprove to the extent and cultural background for which the Minmatar have used them.

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #8 on: 20 Sep 2010, 14:25 »

If they're going to say that most Matari have facial tattoos and that you can tell a persons name, clan and tribe by looking at that tattoo, then I do hope there are a lot more options for facial decoration in "incarnations in stations".

In fact that's one of the things that scares me...

Ulf has a lot of body tattoos and no facial tattoos. I'm hoping that will be catered for in the new world, but I can't say I'm expecting it.
Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #9 on: 20 Sep 2010, 14:49 »

* Louella Dougans ponders implications of scripture tattoos

as for amarr disapproval of the minmatar tattoos, then it could be something along the lines of if someones face has the equivalent of "I am Duncan McLeod of the Clan McLeod" written on it, then it is going to make giving them an "honest righteous name" a whole lot harder. And things like who names children of slaves and such.

things like "I like you, I shall call you 'Rock' because of your strength", "My name is Bear, mistress.", "Your name is what I say it is, Rock." and so on.
\o/

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 20 Sep 2010, 15:10 »

If they're going to say that most Matari have facial tattoos and that you can tell a persons name, clan and tribe by looking at that tattoo, then I do hope there are a lot more options for facial decoration in "incarnations in stations".

I suspected as soon as I read it that this is an infodump getting ready for what we should expect to see in Incarna.

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #11 on: 20 Sep 2010, 15:11 »

things like "I like you, I shall call you 'Rock' because of your strength", "My name is Bear, mistress.", "Your name is what I say it is, Rock." and so on.

I think that's a great mental image, well, not great as such, but seems very true to Eve.
Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #12 on: 20 Sep 2010, 16:29 »

No, it seems to suggest that the Amarr disapproved of a crucial aspect of tribal society. Nothing in the chronicle says anything about the Amarr disliking all tattoos, and Caldari don't enter into it because it was about Minmatar tattoos, a topic which evidently the Caldari don't give a crap about.

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #13 on: 21 Sep 2010, 19:10 »

This is from an old, old story I wrote:

When he finally squeezed into a narrow customs booth, the gaudily uniformed Gallente woman smiled a pre-packaged smile and greeted him. “Welcome to Sovicou, blood brother!” He handed her his Interbus ticket stub.

As the customs body-scan traced the outline of his body with more blinding beams, Hamish eyed the rictus-grinning woman. He had heard stories of these people, these armchair activists who protested against slavery louder than anyone but – in the end – did nothing about it. As she returned his ticket stub, he shot her a withering look that wiped the smile from her face in an instant.

Vikarion

« Reply #14 on: 21 Sep 2010, 21:08 »

Caldari are often portrayed with tattoos, especially patriotic ones (stars, etc) on even their faces, so I rather doubt that tattoos are taboo in the State. Rather the contrary.
Pages: [1] 2