Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ushra'Khan is the oldest active alliance in New Eden.

Author Topic: [News] Paramilitary organization pledges to protect Starkmanir sages  (Read 2272 times)

Kaldor Mintat

• Egger

http://www.eveonline.com/mb2/news.asp?nid=4110

This seems to be heating up nicely......i foresee that it will all end well.... :roll:
« Last Edit: 01 Oct 2010, 06:24 by Kaldor Mintat »

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain

The Milisi has received statements of support from other Tribes in the Republic, especially the Brutor Tribe which has pledged to actively support the Milisi efforts with hardware and training. The Starkman Milisi consists mainly of ethnic Starkmanir who served in the Tribe's various regional militias and police forces during their life in the Ammatar Mandate, and claims modern military training over the past two years.

Seems good to me. . . what's the problem? :P

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/

It's former Ammatar soldiers and policemen...

Any violence because they're Ammatar will be seen as being because they're religious and/or Starkmanir.

Thereby deepening the divisions.

So.. what's the Brutor Tribe's angle on this? Going to exploit the inevitable violence and claim the Starkmanir can't govern themselves and so do not deserve membership of the Tribal Council?
\o/

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran

It's former Ammatar soldiers and policemen...

Any violence because they're Ammatar will be seen as being because they're religious and/or Starkmanir.

Thereby deepening the divisions.

So.. what's the Brutor Tribe's angle on this? Going to exploit the inevitable violence and claim the Starkmanir can't govern themselves and so do not deserve membership of the Tribal Council?

Well, a couple things.  One, the Stankmanir and the Brutor are closely related, the Brutor are in fact a  Starkmanir offshoot.  So it could be seen as trying to help kin.  

And, well, the Brutor Tribe could simply be trying to honestly keep order, thus helping Shakur's reign.  

Its been noted before that giving up on a kinsman, regardless of what they've done, is rather against the Minmatar mindset.  (see, The Burning Life where they basically use those words, Valklear, etc)  

The Matari seem to value blood over quite a bit.  So, from a Brutor standpoint, standing by and letting their kin be killed, even if theyre spouting Amarrian nonsense, might be seen as un-Matari. 
« Last Edit: 01 Oct 2010, 12:08 by Gottii »
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.

Where do you get the info that the Brutor are a Starkmanir offshoot? At one time, PF said the Vherokior were, but that got retconned away.

Isobel Mitar

• Egger

The beginnings of Starkmanir military force?  The more established tribes already have one, apparently independent of Republic military. ;) (I do not have PF reference at hand, but I remember there being a Minmatar story arc about a Krusual force snatching somebody from custody)

Where do you get the info that the Brutor are a Starkmanir offshoot? At one time, PF said the Vherokior were, but that got retconned away.

http://www.eveonline.com/races/minmatarTribe_intro.asp

From the description of Brutor tribe:
The Brutor tribe and the Starkmanir tribe were once one and the same, living in the vast Eyniletti-plains. Some thousands of years ago one of the sub-clans of this tribe traversed the Mioar-strait and started settling the islands in the Mioar archipelago, moving ever more southwards. In the end, this sub-clan lost contact with their head tribe and the Brutor tribe came into existence.

« Last Edit: 01 Oct 2010, 14:26 by Isobel Mitar »

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.

Awesome, thanks! <3

Bong-cha Jones

• New Jin Mei
  • Egger

The beginnings of Starkmanir military force?  The more established tribes already have one, apparently independent of Republic military. ;) (I do not have PF reference at hand, but I remember there being a Minmatar story arc about a Krusual force snatching somebody from custody)

That's exactly what I was thinking.  Disclosure:  I've been following this event closely because Blessed Bohem is my replacement main.  Simon's run his course.

The Starkmanir have been denied their tribal homeland, their seat at Parliament and have been pushed around, beaten and treated like dirt.  One of their leaders was beaten to death in the streets and finally the tribe has said enough.  Their warriors are taking up weapons to defend their leaders and their people.  Sage Dreeter's death may end up a catalyst for the revitalization of the Starkmanir Tribe.

That's totally Minmatar.
Formerly Simon Coal.

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran

From here. 

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Brutor

Relevant part

The Brutor tribe and the Starkmanir tribe were once one and the same, living in the vast Eyniletti-plains. Some thousands of years ago one of the sub-clans of this tribe traversed the Mioar-strait and started settling the islands in the Mioar archipelago, moving ever more southwards. In the end, this sub-clan lost contact with their head tribe and the Brutor tribe came into existence. The Amarrians enslaved the Brutors in droves; due to their physical strength the Brutors were ideal for manual labor. A considerable portion of the tribe is still enslaved within the Amarr Empire.

And its quite possible that both are true.  The Skarkmanir/Brutor and the Vhekior could have been a related people, with the Brutor becoming an offshoot of the Skarkmanir.

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov