Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the 25ers resurfaced in YC106 to protest the monopoly then held by the empires on deadspace warp beacon technology.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [News] Mystery Cargo Seized  (Read 8067 times)

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
Re: [News] Mystery Cargo Seized
« Reply #30 on: 21 Sep 2010, 04:27 »

http://www.eveonline.com/mb2/news.asp?nid=4057

'Liberty' Pill Identified
2010.09.21 09:52:08

LUMINAIRE – Gallente Customs officials have solved part of the mystery surrounding the 'Liberty' pills seized last week in the Weraroix system. The nanobots each pill contained appear to have been designed to make their way to strategic parts of the body, including the lungs, where they instigate general hypoxia and eventually lead the subject to quietly expire from oxygen deprivation.

The Sisters Of Eve have since confirmed the 'Liberty' pill to be behind the mass suicide at Gererique. “We found a similar package containing some extra pills, and autopsies then revealed all the people died in the same manner. We are now relatively certain of the how, we just still don't understand the why,” said SSOE agent Lenz Kaaloaka.

Gallente Health and Safety officials have called for anyone with any knowledge of the pill or its manufacturers to come forward.
\o/

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #31 on: 21 Sep 2010, 05:35 »

Well, the link with Gererique is confirmed. . . interesting method. And interesting application. Makes our analysis a bit more complicated.

As I said, it was implied (or, if you prefer, we inferred it). But it seems to me (OOC) that Soter-c (instead of Soter-p) was at least trying to give the impression that he had more data. If Soter-p wanted Soter-c to do that, then all is well. But if Soter-p didn't actually mean to give that impression, then I've made my recommendation. That's all. :)

Regarding this, Soter the character had no intention to pretend that he had more data. He used about. . . 10 qualifying words in his various statements to indicate they only had a probability of being correct in their analysis. What was your recommendation, again? To clarify that we're only speculating? :P

If my character was making conjecture, there would be no background, no discussion on context, no identification of trade routes, etc. The character and I performed analysis of the situation, and displayed it for public consumption. He's assertive, like I am. Some people read-in assertiveness as some kind of missing paragraph of text. . . it's quite remarkable. I keep wondering what people talk about when they comment on IGS posts.
« Last Edit: 21 Sep 2010, 06:04 by Julianus Soter »

Niki Bot

« Reply #32 on: 21 Sep 2010, 08:04 »

http://www.eveonline.com/mb2/news.asp?nid=4057

'Liberty' Pill Identified
2010.09.21 09:52:08

LUMINAIRE – Gallente Customs officials have solved part of the mystery surrounding the 'Liberty' pills seized last week in the Weraroix system. The nanobots each pill contained appear to have been designed to make their way to strategic parts of the body, including the lungs, where they instigate general hypoxia and eventually lead the subject to quietly expire from oxygen deprivation.

The Sisters Of Eve have since confirmed the 'Liberty' pill to be behind the mass suicide at Gererique. “We found a similar package containing some extra pills, and autopsies then revealed all the people died in the same manner. We are now relatively certain of the how, we just still don't understand the why,” said SSOE agent Lenz Kaaloaka.

Gallente Health and Safety officials have called for anyone with any knowledge of the pill or its manufacturers to come forward.
*drumroll*
I guess it kind of makes the old saying "Give me Liberty or give me death" a bit redundant.

Oh come on, you knew that was coming!

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #33 on: 21 Sep 2010, 08:18 »

Thanks, he'll be here all week! And try the shrimp, it's great!

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #34 on: 21 Sep 2010, 10:37 »

*dies*

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #35 on: 21 Sep 2010, 11:01 »

But wait, the phrase is give me liberty or give me death. But they were given liberty...which...was death...
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #36 on: 21 Sep 2010, 12:20 »

As anyone who's studied Boolean logic knows, OR is not the same operation as XOR. Therefore, they can both be true and the expression evaluates as TRUE.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #37 on: 21 Sep 2010, 13:21 »

I am hoping this is a tie in for the Serpentis in the possible-next arc. That would be so cool.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #38 on: 21 Sep 2010, 15:06 »

I am hoping this is a tie in for the Serpentis in the possible-next arc. That would be so cool.

^^^^
THIS
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #39 on: 21 Sep 2010, 18:33 »

Could/will that result in folks chasing arcs?

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #40 on: 29 Sep 2010, 00:27 »

http://www.eveonline.com/news.asp?a=single&nid=4059&tid=4

And they've raided the group that was doing the manufacturing.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #41 on: 29 Sep 2010, 08:58 »

Could/will that result in folks chasing arcs?

Yes.
Pages: 1 2 [3]