Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The language of the Amarr empire is spoken by more people than any other language? Read more in this Chronicle.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [News] Mystery Cargo Seized  (Read 8068 times)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Re: [News] Mystery Cargo Seized
« Reply #15 on: 19 Sep 2010, 09:43 »

yeah Julianus, I gotta agree with Nikiruu, as it stands, we're jumping at Shadows. Not everything has to be connected to Nation, that's a mistake we made with the Symphony, and its a mistake I feel we might be making here. There's nothing to say it is by certain connected to Sansha's Nation, and yes, there's nothing against it really either, but I'm going to hold off on claiming "Sansha's Did it" until we have some evidence, any evidence, that Sansha was actually involved.

Keep in mind that we know very little of the incursion feature that's coming in the winter, I suspect, and really have my fingers crossed, that the other pirate factions will also get incursions, and not just nation. If thats the case the story groundwork for that's going to need to start being laid soon. This could be the Serpentis stuff. And yes, that's grasping at straws just as much as you did or Nikiruu did in his conspiracy theories. But I think that's sort of the point.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #16 on: 19 Sep 2010, 09:56 »

I think in all likelihood this thing is connected with the Sansha arc, however claiming to have been given samples and conducted an in depth analysis on them on the IGS is pretty meh.

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #17 on: 19 Sep 2010, 12:54 »

I think in all likelihood this thing is connected with the Sansha arc, however claiming to have been given samples and conducted an in depth analysis on them on the IGS is pretty meh.

At no point have I done that. Reread the statements I've given thus far, please.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #18 on: 19 Sep 2010, 22:08 »

With respect, Soter, some of the statements you made in your thread imply (albeit do not directly state) that your character has knowledge of details of the shipment and the pills that did not appear in the story.

In my opinion (for whatever that's worth :p ) you might consider clarifying that you are only speculating, and don't have access to anything beyond the publicly-released info. OTOH, if you do have more info, well, that might be worth sharing as well. :)

Arvo Katsuya

• Noble Appliance
  • Egger
« Reply #19 on: 20 Sep 2010, 00:50 »

What is the goal of terrorism?  Think back a few years.  Replace "pills with nanobots in them" with "mysterious white powder".  I'm not saying that this is definitely unconnected, but we don't have enough evidence to draw a definitive link between Nation, the suicides and the nanobot pills.

Supposition is fun, and can sometimes lead us down the right path, but sometimes it causes more harm than good.

Soter is roleplaying his character just fine, and its funny you brought up that point as I thought of it too. It is very much like those events in planting fear in the general public... that, and replace the ulterior motive for oil, for wormhole technology. Regardless if Nation has all along been misunderstood, or not. ;)
« Last Edit: 20 Sep 2010, 00:52 by Arvo Katsuya »

Niki Bot

« Reply #20 on: 20 Sep 2010, 09:41 »

Soter is roleplaying his character just fine, and its funny you brought up that point as I thought of it too. It is very much like those events in planting fear in the general public... that, and replace the ulterior motive for oil, for wormhole technology. Regardless if Nation has all along been misunderstood, or not. ;)
I know.  I love it.  :D

Saxon Hawke

• Omelette
    • Free Intaki
« Reply #21 on: 20 Sep 2010, 09:43 »

Well, there are multiple potential interpretations.
5. Conspiracy Theory #1,309,502 (Or, the Texas Sharpshooter Method of Discovering Everything About EVE - "TSMDEAE" for short, also known as "Niki, you're going to give me another headache again aren't you?")
- This is a variant of Rise.
- The Intaki had a hand in this
- Vorada Kuvakei.  Is there *really* no connection there?
- Wormholes are the KEY TO EVERYTHING!
- Intaki was the target of multiple attacks by Sansha's Nation.  Really?  There's *no* connection?
- Yes, this is so unlikely that it's crazy.  But then again, there is The Broker for precedence.
- There are many copies.  They have a plan.  One of my friends played for a short while, and he said that a certain CONCORD guy stated that they had retrieved multiple duplicates of multiple individuals from wrecks of Sansha ships at the attack sites.
- Everything is connected!
- CONSPIRACY!  CONSPIRACY!  OMG!

To quote the Dread Pirate Roberts "Truly, you have a dizzying intellect."

In all seriousness, it could be the Serps, it's got a lot of their hallmarks. However, as Julianus has noted, the Serps favor narcotics not nano-technology.

It doesn't seem to follow the usual M.O. for Sansha either.

Frankly, I'm at a loss and just waiting to see what the next clue is.

Niki Bot

« Reply #22 on: 20 Sep 2010, 09:49 »

To quote the Dread Pirate Roberts "Truly, you have a dizzying intellect."
Wait til I get going! Now, where was I?

In all seriousness, it could be the Serps, it's got a lot of their hallmarks. However, as Julianus has noted, the Serps favor narcotics not nano-technology.

It doesn't seem to follow the usual M.O. for Sansha either.

Frankly, I'm at a loss and just waiting to see what the next clue is.
Mysterious cargo is mysterious.  "Liberty" is an interesting label though.  It always comes with a price.

BTW, Phillip K. Dick is one of my favorite authors.   8)

Arvo Katsuya

• Noble Appliance
  • Egger
« Reply #23 on: 20 Sep 2010, 10:49 »

I thought because CONCORD controls the proliferation of the media, they timed the announcement of this report perfectly right after Seriphyn's slip of creating negative PR for the Federation. As it... created some connections to the news reports in the past to how the witnesses of those weren't going on the dropships were being treated as they said their side of the story. What would be their reaction if they said "They went willingly.", hmm? It would be why you wouldn't hear a recounted tale from the Ation news article, why Provists would be locking them up without any rights, and why they wouldn't happen to be on the citizen roster mysteriously. ;)

Anyway... getting back on subject. If we're going with tinfoil theories and conclusions I've come up with in the past, the announcement of 'Liberty' might have simply been a red herring to stir up fear. We are unsure what the purpose of the drug does, but if it is something bad... the name can simply be a disguise for a brand in the Federation, as 'Perserverance' is a Lai Dai drug.

Freaking out over the name of the brand in a place that so advocates freedom so much is a bit silly. 

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #24 on: 20 Sep 2010, 11:31 »

Nothing gets sillier in a place that advocates freedom than actual discussion of what that means. ;)

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #25 on: 20 Sep 2010, 19:39 »

With respect, Soter, some of the statements you made in your thread imply (albeit do not directly state) that your character has knowledge of details of the shipment and the pills that did not appear in the story.

In my opinion (for whatever that's worth :p ) you might consider clarifying that you are only speculating, and don't have access to anything beyond the publicly-released info. OTOH, if you do have more info, well, that might be worth sharing as well. :)

Moira and Synenose Accord intelligence analysts have concluded that there is a strong likelihood the so-called 'Liberty Pills' seized in the Weraroix system, Solitude Region, is related to the mass suicides of the Gererique mining facility, also in Solitude, and dependent on the same market supply network the ship was using.

"strong likelyhood"

The pills found in this inspection would seem to fit the profile of a covert attempt to begin manipulating and subverting entire populations in highsec and lowsec.

"Would seem"

A possible distribution method for these pills would be AIMEDS, the robotic artificial intelligence doctors that take care of the vast majority of space-bound populations, and a majority of planetary ones as well. If the personality and ethical hardcoding of these systems could be compromised by a Nation hacking attempt, they would be able to dispense mandatory proscriptions of the Liberty Pills to their patients, under the guise of a standard anti-viral or anti-biotic treatment.

These contaminated AIMEDS would be able to continue this attempt over long periods of time, facilitating the nefarious functionality of the nanobots.

We recommend immediate investigation and test of all functional AIMED units for possible AI contamination. Additional security protocols should also be implemented to protect against future hostile hacking attempts.

"A possible"

Therefore, it seems likely the source of this mastery of large-scale nanite-based manipulation is most likely Sansha's Nation. This is what our analysis concluded.

"seems likely"

etc.

Sorry for being pedantic. . . but that was my first and continuing IGS statements regarding this event. If further clarification needs to occur, I'm open to recommendations.
« Last Edit: 20 Sep 2010, 19:43 by Julianus Soter »

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #26 on: 20 Sep 2010, 20:02 »

thats a lot of if's Jules.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #27 on: 20 Sep 2010, 20:30 »

And I put them there on purpose.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #28 on: 20 Sep 2010, 21:25 »

'Perserverance' is a Lai Dai drug.
... mind if I take that.

Yes Hamish, legal drug production could be interesting, but we will have to hire those talented NoH marketing folks to provide us with some S.H. ads.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #29 on: 20 Sep 2010, 21:52 »

As I said, it was implied (or, if you prefer, we inferred it). But it seems to me (OOC) that Soter-c (instead of Soter-p) was at least trying to give the impression that he had more data. If Soter-p wanted Soter-c to do that, then all is well. But if Soter-p didn't actually mean to give that impression, then I've made my recommendation. That's all. :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3