Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That one of the primary exports of the Amarrian Theology Council is booze? (Theology Council in-game info, Market Activity tab).

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: [Chronicle] Jita 4-4 AKA Best chron ever  (Read 12226 times)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
[Chronicle] Jita 4-4 AKA Best chron ever
« on: 06 Sep 2010, 10:02 »

http://www.eveonline.com/background/potw/default.asp?cid=06-09-10

This has a crapload of information. A mix of an infodump and in-universe philosophy...the definitive chron for the channel RPer

- Capsuleers can hang out with the general populace, called "baselining" or "b-lining", but it seems CONCORD aren't happy about this, and if you're spotted...
- A whole bunch of faction PF regarding the Gallente and Caldari (gallente cuisine dominates Jita 4-4..etc.)
- Folks who don't RP sociopathic, immortal and powermad capsuleers are simply capsuleers who haven't grasped their destiny yet.
- Capsuleers do indeed hang out in their own establishments, although this one is a secret one....

And a whole bunch of other stuff...requires re-reading

GO READ!
« Last Edit: 06 Sep 2010, 10:06 by Seriphyn »

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
Re: [Chronicle] Jita 4-4 AKA Best chron ever
« Reply #1 on: 06 Sep 2010, 10:25 »

Well, to me the information that was in the chron was pretty much pointless.

It was a bit meh, with a bit of blechh.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #2 on: 06 Sep 2010, 11:17 »

Interesting.

I feel like it might have shot softclones in the foot a wee bit, but its interesting.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #3 on: 06 Sep 2010, 14:30 »

Interesting.

I feel like it might have shot softclones in the foot a wee bit, but its interesting.

"... take a hit contract on some civilian in the crosshairs of a person with too much money and some serious grudges. Just walk up to them as they amble tiredly towards a shuttle and then boom, spray, bang, zap...who knows, but it's lights out either way and I'm laughing all the way to the nearest clone bank."

I read that as capsuleers being used as suicide assassins. Maybe that's just me. The capsuleer would make some extra cash, and wouldn't even know about the hit - perfect deniable asset.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #4 on: 06 Sep 2010, 14:35 »

I really enjoyed this one, actually.

A lot of the chrons focus on aspects of New Eden that don't really affect my character, although they do paint the the world for the purposes of RP...

But this focused on the "destiny" of the capsuleer, which is something that's actually bugged me plenty in the past. There are a lot of fine lines to walk, between the meaning "immortal" as we use it and the mortality of the capsuleer, and just how "normal" a capsuleer can be considering their lifestyle. Not to mention, the thought of the brain being turned into data sparked my interest like none other.

I suppose this is a bad chron to read for people still playing their eggers like Sims. >>
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #5 on: 06 Sep 2010, 15:06 »

I agree with Horatius. I actually thought that it suggested that podders killed outside the pod could still wake up in a clone bay - also the bit about corporate suits waking up in a clone bay after their bodyguards had failed.

The mechanics haven't been explained very well, but the hint is strong that it's possible.

And I agree completely about podders being most vulnerable in their clone bays...
Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #6 on: 06 Sep 2010, 16:25 »

Idk, on one hand it hinted that you could clone out of a pod, on the other hand it hinted that you can't clone out of a pod.

On the gripping hand, people will handwave it in their favor regardless, so not really worth stressing over.

pretty good overall, plugs, drugs, and b-lining, pretty awesome.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #7 on: 06 Sep 2010, 19:26 »

Interesting.

"... take a hit contract on some civilian in the crosshairs of a person with too much money and some serious grudges. Just walk up to them as they amble tiredly towards a shuttle and then boom, spray, bang, zap...who knows, but it's lights out either way and I'm laughing all the way to the nearest clone bank."

I read that as capsuleers being used as suicide assassins. Maybe that's just me. The capsuleer would make some extra cash, and wouldn't even know about the hit - perfect deniable asset.

Agreed 100%. I laughed, and thanked whomsoever wrote this for C3. I've been looking for an excuse to why some memories might be selective and possibly faked, now I was basicly landed an excuse right in my lap. It is possible.

The Jita 4-4's food is run by Gallente food markets (in your face Heth, ha ha ha ha ha, worthless noob.) was hillarious too. Pretentions, can be so cruel. I'm loving this, laughed so hard to the implied 'ticking-bomb' approach on Capsuleers. "Who knows why he's here, might as well shoot him to be sure." - that BTW along with the time-bomb thing perfectly underlined soft-clones btw, end of discussion once and for all.

Work of utter epicness, created with an ample supply of win and awesomeness. Easily one of the best, if not the best, cronicle besides the short-stories.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #8 on: 06 Sep 2010, 20:21 »

Holy sh--

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #9 on: 06 Sep 2010, 22:13 »

in your face Heth, ha ha ha ha ha, worthless noob.
:roll:

Edit: I enjoyed the Chronicle.
« Last Edit: 06 Sep 2010, 23:24 by orange »

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #10 on: 06 Sep 2010, 22:56 »

That fucking rocked. :D
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Yoshito Sanders

• Egger
« Reply #11 on: 07 Sep 2010, 00:42 »

In the thread: people taking an obviously unreliable first person narrator as gospel.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #12 on: 07 Sep 2010, 05:05 »

in your face Heth, ha ha ha ha ha, worthless noob.
:roll:

Edit: I enjoyed the Chronicle.

Glad you actually DID enjoy the cron.

Regardless, the Caldari trade center number 1 is a good example of inter-Empire influence going fine. Heth had, among other things, a blocking of all Federal influence as one of his goals - and he seems to be doing very poorly. I found that to be hillarious - about as hillarious as the fact that State/Federation dealings still goes rather fine desite of the war. Was it not a Gallente idea to minimize that, iirc?

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #13 on: 07 Sep 2010, 07:02 »

Regardless, the Caldari trade center number 1 is a good example of inter-Empire influence going fine. Heth had, among other things, a blocking of all Federal influence as one of his goals - and he seems to be doing very poorly.
And the chronicle talks about the challenges of doing just that.  It is like trying to stop Coke and McDonalds from selling their product Bejing because of they are stalwarts of American capitalism.  It talks about how you have cute Civire girls serving Matari/Amarr fusion dishes made by Gallente chefs.  It is like going to Vegas ordering from the cute blonde from Texas with a Frenchman in back making you his Korean Tacos.
I found that to be hillarious - about as hillarious as the fact that State/Federation dealings still goes rather fine desite of the war. Was it not a Gallente idea to minimize that, iirc?
Its Jita, NoH, SuVee, Quafe, and whoever else owns the food chain restaurants are going to pay to have some decent chefs in the field to work the cluster's trade hub food court.  As for the State/Federation business, NoH, CBD, KK, Ishukone, and Wirykomi all have stations in Fed high-sec; continuing trade through these veins is required for their continued survival as competitive entities.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #14 on: 07 Sep 2010, 09:41 »

But this focused on the "destiny" of the capsuleer

For this little gem, this is chron is far more important than other infodumps.....it tells the story of "one of us"....

Pages: [1] 2 3