Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That some Gallente swear by Fortune?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Your ship names.  (Read 12108 times)

Kimochi Rendar

• Clonejack
Re: Your ship names.
« Reply #45 on: 25 Sep 2010, 11:27 »

From an Iphone game called Castlevania Puzzle: Encore of the Night.

It's a rare card, I'd think.

Nope, sorry! Not even close.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #46 on: 26 Sep 2010, 16:45 »

From an Iphone game called Castlevania Puzzle: Encore of the Night.

It's a rare card, I'd think.

Nope, sorry! Not even close.

If that is the case, I'd enjoy knowing it if/when anyone guess the right source.

Zuzanna Alondra

• Omelette
« Reply #47 on: 26 Sep 2010, 21:07 »

My ships (Matari for the most part) often have names with bad weather incorporated into them. Stormbringer, Perfect Storm, Firestorm (after an RP event involving a lot of fire) and so on and so forth. I also have the (admittedly bad) habit of adding some kind of corp tag to it. While in DONIG I often used -DoN- before the shipname, and while in Du'uma Fiisi it was often -DFS-.

Gives me a tactical disadvantage, D-Scan wise, but it's part of the RP and I'll take that handicap.

Seems everyone in Du'uma took a similar approach.  I researched animals.  My PvP ships were all named after a breed of horse that fit their use - fast ships after fast racing horse breeds, larger hulls after working horses etc.

PvE ships are named after play equipment, mining barges (albiet Zu don't fly them anymore) sea animals.

All ship names are assembled as follows:
-CORPTAG- Name of ship then VE or VP (PvE or PvP)

Classic example: -DFS- Junglegym VE my Domi for missions or -DFS- Ban'ei VP I believe is my Comet. Ban'ei is a breed of racing horse.

On my alt the ships have much more random names:
Liquid Sky - her prowler
Liquid Shadow - her cheetah
Breadmaker - her hulk

Her ships unlike Zu are named based off of, "What ever the hell I feel like calling them."

Also as far as the "handicap" goes Miz - if I was an enemy, ran a D-scan and saw a half dozen "DFS" on the screen I'd go... "Shit."  It is both a handicap and an advantage.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #48 on: 27 Sep 2010, 01:14 »

If you ran a scan to see them and freaked only when they show up on scanner you have not paid attention in local...

While it would allow a smart enemy to know what you have to an extent, if they do a scan they can also get rather accurate intel this way - after all, any ship that DON'T have a corp-tag would be a possible foe, thus making intel much more accurate.

While it is true that it removes the guess-work for the enemy too, the benefit to your own side is also significant, though as you mention, it is a two-sided sword. Just not one of to big a consequence.

Grr

• Wetgraver
« Reply #49 on: 30 Sep 2010, 06:11 »

More often than not my ships begin with TES prefix and depending on setup named after various pieces of Roman army equipment, corps or people that are inspirational to me.

"TES Merdaneth" for example covers most of my Crusader fits because he came up with the setup :)

Stitcher

• Beats up helpless walls.
  • Egger
    • Stitcher's twitter
« Reply #50 on: 01 Oct 2010, 07:15 »

the latest batch include:

a railgun Rokh called the "Spooky Action" (spooky action at a distance - look it up)
a beam Apoc called the "Outreach Program"
a Scorpion called the "Interference Pattern"
a Tengu called the "Xenoscape" (tried to auction it for charity - zero bids.)
a Drake called the "Poor Dumb Infantry"
a Manticore called "Entropy"
My faithful old Falcon, the "Penumbra"
a Basilisk called the "Support Package"
and a Buzzard called the "Wraith".

I've also finally begun my entry into the world of capital ships and hope to own both a Phoenix and a Chimera in short order, which (provisionally) I will be calling the "Dark Matter" and the "Dark Energy" respectively.

Vlad Cetes

• Rick Rollermeister
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #51 on: 01 Oct 2010, 08:09 »

I usually tend to not care about ship names except:

My Machariels are all named "Fuck you ****" where **** is who killed my last machariel.
All my capital ships are named after stuff from the Holocaust to try & capture the might of them (for instance my Wyvern is "The Final Solution")

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #52 on: 01 Oct 2010, 10:14 »

All my capital ships are named after stuff from the Holocaust to try & capture the might of them (for instance my Wyvern is "The Final Solution")

That's the creepiest thing I've heard all day...

Shalee Lianne

• Wetgraver
« Reply #53 on: 01 Oct 2010, 21:32 »

We mark our ships with SotR (sword of the righteous).

Either I name them after systems in the war zone (since I'm Amarr Militia), like Heart of Huola, Roushzar Rebel, etc.  Or, I name them after my favorite FCs.

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #54 on: 02 Oct 2010, 06:16 »

Shalee's got a crush....  j/k

Mine always have RDS for Rho Dynamics Ship, and then the name.  For the name itself, I usually thy to put some meaning into it, but other than that its usually random.  I usually try to have three ships named Cortana, Joyeuse, and Durendal, after the swords of Ogeir, Charlemagne, and Roland, but I don't always have ships that live up to the name.  When I was in Minmatar FW, the frigates I flew were all named something similar to Brute or Savage, until I got tired of finding Synonyms and started naming them Savage II, etc.  For the rest, I usually just try and find something that the ship seems to like.

Though if I ever get a carrier, or something similar, Sai will name it either Witch or Princess of Pator for Evanda. 

Mierin Raine

• Clonejack
« Reply #55 on: 11 Oct 2010, 14:32 »

When I first started the game I used Norse mythological names for my ships. I later discovered that that's the basis for the classes of Minmatar ships.

I play Amarr.

Maybe I should just rename them all Caldari Shuttle or something...

Vikarion

« Reply #56 on: 12 Oct 2010, 01:01 »

That seems rather...juvenile.

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #57 on: 12 Oct 2010, 01:32 »

Negotiator and Obliteration.

My Hawk and my Thorax. :L

Zag

« Reply #58 on: 12 Oct 2010, 01:51 »

I tend to stick a new name to every ship and it's always about how much women hate Zag as the theme:

Rene's Redemption
Marianne's Malevolence
Valerie's Vendetta
Vivien's Vengeance
Rochelle's Revenge

Basically, vessels much like women hate Zag and enjoy nothing more than to get him in trouble. Mostly by causing him to lose everything violently and have nothing left but the capsule on his back.

Also, an allusion to the days when Zag was a philanderer and chaser of skirts.

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
« Reply #59 on: 12 Oct 2010, 02:48 »

I tend to stick a new name to every ship and it's always about how much women hate Zag as the theme:

Rene's Redemption
Marianne's Malevolence
Valerie's Vendetta
Vivien's Vengeance
Rochelle's Revenge

Basically, vessels much like women hate Zag and enjoy nothing more than to get him in trouble. Mostly by causing him to lose everything violently and have nothing left but the capsule on his back.

Also, an allusion to the days when Zag was a philanderer and chaser of skirts.

Isn't Rene the masculine form of the name?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5