Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That light pits, used to hold ships in place, are filled with complex electronic equipment, have no safety boundaries, and are lit with a dim blue light when not in use? (The Burning Life p. 77)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Your ship names.  (Read 12076 times)

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
Re: Your ship names.
« Reply #60 on: 12 Oct 2010, 03:34 »

I tend to stick a new name to every ship and it's always about how much women hate Zag as the theme:

Rene's Redemption
Marianne's Malevolence
Valerie's Vendetta
Vivien's Vengeance
Rochelle's Revenge

Basically, vessels much like women hate Zag and enjoy nothing more than to get him in trouble. Mostly by causing him to lose everything violently and have nothing left but the capsule on his back.

Also, an allusion to the days when Zag was a philanderer and chaser of skirts.

Isn't Rene the masculine form of the name?

Something about Zag we should know?

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #61 on: 12 Oct 2010, 04:22 »

Rene is a gender-less name, last i looked. Though honestly not that popular around my parts of the world, and practically never used on boys. Rene is the name for a couple girls I know of. In France, it's a male name.

Rodj Blake

• Egger
  • Amarr Victor Meldrew
« Reply #62 on: 12 Oct 2010, 05:00 »

Rene is a gender-less name, last i looked. Though honestly not that popular around my parts of the world, and practically never used on boys. Rene is the name for a couple girls I know of. In France, it's a male name.

This thread is now about Frenchmen called Rene:

« Last Edit: 12 Oct 2010, 05:04 by Rodj Blake »

Zag

« Reply #63 on: 12 Oct 2010, 05:15 »

I tend to stick a new name to every ship and it's always about how much women hate Zag as the theme:

Rene's Redemption
Marianne's Malevolence
Valerie's Vendetta
Vivien's Vengeance
Rochelle's Revenge

Basically, vessels much like women hate Zag and enjoy nothing more than to get him in trouble. Mostly by causing him to lose everything violently and have nothing left but the capsule on his back.

Also, an allusion to the days when Zag was a philanderer and chaser of skirts.

Isn't Rene the masculine form of the name?

Something about Zag we should know?

Oh, I tell you, a young man gets drunk in a Syndicate dive bar and it plays out like the Crying Game with an androgynous and caramel skinned Intaki.

However,

a) I was drunk.
b) It was meant to be Renee
c) Let this be a lesson that being drunk and missing a single damn letter will lead to all sorts of hilarity.

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
« Reply #64 on: 12 Oct 2010, 14:46 »

I approve of this lesson.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #65 on: 19 Oct 2010, 09:59 »

Postin' because BECAUSE. Bite me.

Nikruu's Nomad Church thing came from me, and is the basis for one of the ship prefixes I might get the corpies to use. We'd avoid using just one, though, to confuse enemies. The other prefixes from our better days related to squadrons.

Cool names in this thread I'm reposting here to salute and possibly steal or something, I don't know:

Stormcrow - Nice one, Hamish. Yoink.
Iron Sunrise - Somebody read a book! I think I will vary this and use eet.
Heaven Can Wait - I think I'm going to name my heaviest DPS boat some variant of this that relates to the Amarr stories about knocking on Heaven's door.
Windup Cloud - Silver, this is win. Still got the ship? Feel like selling? :P
Another one from Silver, the 'Lustrevik Lass,' is makin' me want to turn this into a naming convention - Lady of Luminaire or something. Mebbe Lonetrek Lass, I have no idea.

Abaddons in my fleet have almost always gotten a sort of 'Brown Bess' treatment, except with 'Abigail,' 'Abbey,' or 'Abby.' 'Angry Abby' for the meaner fittings, other variants relevant to the Abaddon's limited roles.

If I ever find a use for a station-warrior kinda ship, maelstrom or whatever I get, it'll be called Hamadryad. Because it can't leave it's tree.

If for some reason I have a Hyperion, I'll be likely to name it Sunlit Curl, because lolpoetry and myths. Might not though, because it looks enough like a terribly misshapen cock as it is.

My best faction ship generally gets named Hyperborean, because they're barbarian techno-primitivists, I tell you! Sheesh. Might start using this for Caldari ships, though. They're foreigners and they live up north, amirite? >.>

Flagship of my personal fleet is usually the Amaranth. Heh, grain.

Some ships are named using cocktail/drink names which already have another meaning, for example Gimlet, Bodyslam, Backdraft. I usually have an Amarr Navy Slicer (relegated to shuttle duty, these days : / ) named Vanguard, and my workhorse ships usually feature at least one named Keystone. There's also been a few ships named after other capsuleers Ashar has whimsical feeling toward, but they're invariably zero-crew vessels - something with a Merlin hull gets named Xi Nao's Burning Wit every time I lose the last one, f. ex.

Then there's traditional corporate ship names we keep around because they have meaningful stories -
The Contrition, Ashar's best Amarr battleship below tier 3, tech one or two, been around forever.
The Remenbrance, Geddon class variant, has been handed around the corporation and its former employees (the ones on good terms with us, anyhow). Last one was lost in the fall of CVA's Providence sovereignty by a friend, next one will probably be inside the corporation soon.
The Spirit of Shuria is some kind of hauler, I think a blockade runner.

Other than that, religious concepts and odd jokes.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]