Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Kaalakiota, or KK, is the largest of the Caldari megacorporations, and was run by Tibus Heth.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: Knighthood of the Merciful Crown - WiP Brainstorm Thread  (Read 29221 times)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: Knighthood of the Merciful Crown - WiP Brainstorm Thread
« Reply #105 on: 16 Apr 2012, 18:03 »

It's often more a "you went into the attic without a lantern, it's your own fucking fault if you get eaten by a Grue" sort of justification than "but but but THEY LANDED IN MY LAP".

"If she didn't want to get raped, she shouldn't have been walking through that park on her own"

Not convinced.

... Um, what? I wasn't saying anything of the sort, let alone trying to convince anyone of anything.

Please read my post - the entire post, including the context of what it quoted - another time, and try again.
« Last Edit: 16 Apr 2012, 18:07 by Morwen Lagann »
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #106 on: 16 Apr 2012, 18:29 »

lol, calm down people this isn't a thread about the justifications of piracy. In this thread we already know they're evil, the only debate is about what kind of sharp object ought to be used to make them hurt. ;)

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #107 on: 16 Apr 2012, 21:52 »

lol, calm down people this isn't a thread about the justifications of piracy. In this thread we already know they're evil, the only debate is about what kind of sharp object ought to be used to make them hurt. ;)

So, how can I convince you EM is dishonorable enough for you to decide to shoot at us?
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #108 on: 16 Apr 2012, 22:22 »

So, how can I convince you EM is dishonorable enough for you to decide to shoot at us?

I think he's already said we'd count as honourable enemies to be shot at with respect, instead of mutilated, impaled, and dragged through the streets behind neon-painted hoverbikes.
Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #109 on: 16 Apr 2012, 23:04 »

But I want to have an enemy who wants to ...do all those horrible things to us.

I mean, it shows he cares more.    :(
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #110 on: 17 Apr 2012, 01:27 »

Awww, don't feel left out! You just have to blow up a few busloads of Amarrian schoolchildren and Aldy will be murdering you in your sleep in no time.

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #111 on: 17 Apr 2012, 11:57 »

I probably shouldnt be so eager to draw Aldy's ire.

After all, a man married to Mitnara for so long has probably forgotten more about pain and suffering than any of us will ever know....  :D
― Isaac Asimov

Jev North

« Reply #112 on: 17 Apr 2012, 13:10 »

A whole lot of pirates justify their acts that way. Most of Veto does, I recall. Good luck trying to state that in Mercy's Keep, however; you wouldn't leave with all of your limbs! ;3
That's only fair. And leads to an interesting question: if you leave Mercy's Keep without your head, do you really leave Mercy's Keep?

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #113 on: 17 Apr 2012, 16:22 »

* Ava Starfire prepares the dynamite

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #114 on: 17 Apr 2012, 17:33 »

Alright, I know I said I was going to do the whole sayings and catechisms things first, but I got a bolt of inspiration last night and am instead going to do an outline of how slavery will be practiced by the Knighthood. Also, to get me into the right mode for when I have to finalize all of these rules, I'm going to write it from an IC perspective as though this would be what was to appear on the KotMC forums. I wish myself luck...

Section I: Introduction - The Knighthood of the Merciful Crown shall indulge in the institution of slavery to an extent it deems prudent and just, as to be laid out by this document, and hereby accepts responsibility for the physical, mental and spiritual wellbeing of those in its most merciful and benevolent care.

Section II: Reasons - The practice of corrective enslavement shall be used in lieu of imprisonment, which is a wasteful and unreasonable practice that does no service to humanity, its societies or the heavenly mandate of God, Lord and Protector of all mankind in its meekness and ignorance. It is for the purpose of (re-)education and enculturation that this Order shall practice the bondage of its fellow man, with the final intent of releasing morally upstanding and peaceable individuals into the freedmen’s nations of origin, and to provide non-profit based labor to particular businesses, initiatives and enterprises deemed worthy of this charity by the Grand Master and his Counsel.

Section III: Proprietorship – No individual considered to be a knight or employee of the Knighthood of the Merciful Crown shall be allowed exclusive ownership over another man or woman. All slaves considered to be under the control of the Order shall be under the direct control of the Order itself and its leadership, and not any single member of that body. Should an initiate be found to already hold slave stock as property, that slave stock must be legally sold to proper third parties, legally freed, or donated to the Order before that initiate be sworn in as a brother or sister of the Order. Disciplinary action shall apply should a knight retain personal ownership of any slave after joining the Knighthood in full. Once legal ownership has been transferred, the leadership may choose delegate responsibility of the slaves back upon the donator, or they may be utilized for other purposes as subject to the discretion of the leadership. Upon exiting the Knighthood a knight may request that the Order consider returning ownership of his former slave stock.

Section IV: Limitation of Proprietorship - Hence this decree, no slave shall ever be kept by the Knighthood of the Merciful Crown for the sake of profit, luxury, or propagation of the institution of slavery itself. The enfeeblement of mind, weakness of spirit and laziness of body these reasons cause is to never be allowed by any knight to enter their character, nor by the Order to enter its ranks. Additionally, no enslaved individual may be used to crew a Knighthood combat ship, or otherwise be placed in an inordinately dangerous situation for the sake of convenience of effort or cost.

Section V: Subjects – The Knighthood of the Merciful Crown shall take and retain slaves of only two types: prisoners of honorably conducted warfare, and committers of/accomplices to criminal acts (as deemed criminal by the Order). Any slaves that are in bondage through accident of birth or abduction from peaceful occupations shall be freed or donated to other organizations/individuals as considered prudent by the leadership. The Order shall consider any individual captured on the field of battle as its property, to be utilized or tried for crimes at its behest.

Section VI: Practice – The labor of Knighthood slave stock may be used by the Order itself for limited purposes, such as to to staff hangars, offices, its headquarters and other low-risk, low-importance positions. All other slaves will be outsourced as rental labor to entities and individuals of the Order’s choice. Rental charges shall be collected at a rate that is only enough to cover the Order’s administrative costs for management. All renters shall agree to the Order’s terms for slave treatment. A slave may not be worked for more than ten hours a day. For every eight hours of labor, at least one hour of religious or academic education must be administered to them. No Vitoxin, transcranial microcontrollers or similar methods and devices may be used for the purpose of slave control amongst the Order’s slave holdings. Glaive collars may be used in exceptional cases, and may only be administered with the consent of the Order. If a method of control exceeding this is deemed to be required, it shall be administered by the Order and not the renter. Slaves may be donated to select mining corporations if they prove to be beyond the Order’s methods of control.

Section VII: Terms of Release – Slaves taken as prisoners of war shall be utilized until the war they were captured in has ended, they are used in a fair and equal prisoner exchange or they are unable to perform basic labor. If any of these conditions are met they will be released to their nation of origin. Slaves taken as criminals will not be eligible for prisoner exchange, and will only be released if the Order deems them capable of living law-abiding and peaceful lives in their nation of origin.

So, TL;DR version of this:

The Knighthood will do slavery. No member can own their own slaves, they are all owned by the corp. Slaves are loaned out to needy people on a non-profit basis, but ownership is retained and KotMC gets to decide how they’re treated, which will be well but firm. POW slaves will be released as per normal terms for prisoners of war, while criminal slaves will be released depending on how well they behave. Belief in the Amarr faith is not an express term for release, but can help.
« Last Edit: 17 Apr 2012, 17:46 by Aldrith Shutaq »

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #115 on: 17 Apr 2012, 19:56 »

Slavers  \o/   

Seriously, awesome stuff. 
― Isaac Asimov

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #116 on: 18 Apr 2012, 05:30 »

Considering the vast majority of horror-stories I've seen Minmatar toons cook up, this is about as lenient and harmless as it gets.

You are likely to get flak from more hard-ass Amarr over this, but I'm pretty sure you don't care to much about that ;)

Lyn Farel

« Reply #117 on: 18 Apr 2012, 05:38 »

From experience he is also going to get a lot of flak from Minmatars too. Probably a lot more than amarrian hardliners. It was already the case with the first KotMC, and it was more laxist. While it was expected from hardliners to be like they are to a minmatar point of view, they never really understood KotMC liberal stances, or just did not want to understand it as it was often breaking a dark/white view they tried to keep at any cost.

Great stuff anyway. \o/

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #118 on: 18 Apr 2012, 06:24 »

From experience he is also going to get a lot of flak from Minmatars too. Probably a lot more than amarrian hardliners. It was already the case with the first KotMC, and it was more laxist. While it was expected from hardliners to be like they are to a minmatar point of view, they never really understood KotMC liberal stances, or just did not want to understand it as it was often breaking a dark/white view they tried to keep at any cost.

Great stuff anyway. \o/

Oh, I can think of a certain Minmatar who never gave KotMC much grief at all...

Lyn Farel

« Reply #119 on: 18 Apr 2012, 06:58 »

Unlike how it might sound, I have never complained and have always considered this as pretty much normal for something IC. And yes, I remember that certain Minmatar. ^^
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15