Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Titan Doomsday Devices were originally massive, field clearing nukes instead of doomsday rays?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Fate of Diana Kim  (Read 7299 times)

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
Re: Fate of Diana Kim
« Reply #60 on: 26 Jun 2013, 15:51 »

IC flak is easier to deal with, Makkal. :)

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #61 on: 26 Jun 2013, 16:11 »

... you're actually getting OOC flak, Pieter? :|

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #62 on: 26 Jun 2013, 16:24 »

Even from an OOC standpoint, I think it's pretty obvious that Diana Kim was asking around for these sorts of things IC and OOC. She seemed to be speaking a lot about having characters kill or otherwise seriously harm her own. I myself had been asked OOC (I assumed it was partially in jest) to do the task shortly after the IGS post about leaving her front door open for anybody who wanted to beat up Diana Kim. I declined, but others did not. A string of incidents which resulted in serious bodily harm to Diana Kim IC followed. I don't know for sure how many or with whom, but I think it can be listed as

• Arthas beating the crap out of her and killing her, I think.
  • Diana drinking the fatal tea
  • Diana getting into a nearly fatal sword fight with Aracturus
  • Diana asking Stitcher to kill her
  • The Pieter thing we're all talking about

I'm going to have to vouch for Pieter here and say there is no real reason so suggest that either he or his character are the type to randomly murder someone, and there are plenty of reasons to suggest Diana did actually ask for it IC (and OOC too).
« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2013, 16:30 by Katrina Oniseki »

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #63 on: 26 Jun 2013, 17:50 »

Well one thing is for sure, Piet. You won't be getting any IC flak from Kor about killing her.  ;)
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #64 on: 27 Jun 2013, 05:08 »

Well, Pieter, for what it's worth, I'd think you did the 'right' thing, here. :)
Nah, I don't have something against DK, especially not OOC.

But the way I look at it, OOCly, whatever you did there was something that got the DK-story going on further instead of stagnating!

Lyn Farel

« Reply #65 on: 27 Jun 2013, 06:29 »

I am not sure to understand what is the issue people are taking ? If Lithium Flower (DK's player) was not okay with the action in the first place, he would never have acknowledged it and we will be stuck with 2 players saying OOC "she died" "no she didn't".

So, it was accepted by both parties right ? What did I miss to see OOC flak around that ?

Laria Raven

• Evil. In a dappy way. Kind of dappy-evil.
  • Wetgraver
    • All Alone In The Night
« Reply #66 on: 27 Jun 2013, 06:31 »

Pieter, if you're actually getting OOC flak, that's really poor. I was in OOC for some of the time that it was going on and it was clear to me that you were trying to RP as responsibly as possible and maintaining OOC contact at the same time.

I commented at the time that if Pieter killed Diana with no clone backup, it would be a big thing. I think it's still ICly quite a big thing, but it's good RP stuffs!

Saede Riordan > Yeah and Leopold is the human pond scum. Laria's alright...ish.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #67 on: 27 Jun 2013, 06:38 »

+1 from me to Katrina, Nico and Lyn's comments here.

OOC flak for it from anyone, except maybe Lithium if he was like, Gesakaarin levels of drunk IRL (joking of course, Veiki, :cube:) is pretty unreasonable.

I don't think I was around at the time, but it sounds like you were doing all the right things to make sure that Lithium's wishes were taken into account with the way things were going, so I can't really see anything wrong with what happened or how you handled it.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #68 on: 27 Jun 2013, 07:03 »

Pieter, if you're actually getting OOC flak, that's really poor.
Agreed. Though now I'm not sure if he actually got some or if he was just anticipating it.

I think it's still ICly quite a big thing, but it's good RP stuffs!
Right. I expect Makkal will be livid when she finds out.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #69 on: 27 Jun 2013, 11:42 »

To be honest there was a bit of an undercurrent in OOC the night that it happened and I think I expected it to escalate. Instead people have been pretty good, DK hasn't played the victim and the only consequences for it are going to be In Character.

And they are going to be BIG consequences!

Pieter is going to face a version of the Trials of the Winds - Three Challenges to represent the three major Winds of Wayiist philosophy. I don't know precisely what these trials will be, yet, as  they're in the hands of another to define, but they will be difficult, dangerous and have visible, long term, consequences.

If Pieter fails he will have to accept exile and go Guri, which I am prepared to do!

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #70 on: 27 Jun 2013, 14:02 »

You should consider joining PAUX if you fail! :3

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #71 on: 27 Jun 2013, 14:22 »

aka, "How to Make Samira Squishy in 1 Easy Step"
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Desiderya

« Reply #72 on: 27 Jun 2013, 15:12 »

From my cold, dead hands.  8)

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #73 on: 27 Jun 2013, 16:36 »

I am actually pretty content with what happened. Was unexpected to me both IC and OOC and I liked how Pieter played it. What I didn't like, is going about it a bit vocal in the summit, but in the end, it played good part too  ;)

OOC-ly, I hoped for a bit of conversation, where Kim would explain Pieter that she doesn't want to die, since I had ideas why this conversation started in the first place. But I didn't expect desire to 'help' her in this particular way. What I saw there, was a Chekov's gun. On one hand, I didn't want her death, on the other I was itching all over to see, what he prepared for her. After contact with Verin, I decided, that she won't ever ask anyone to kill her. But Pieter came to her with this idea, and after a bit of contemplation, I 'made' her to think about death. Of course, I prevented her from saying directly, that she wants to die. And I prevented her from saying, that she didn't. I decided to simply float along and let Pieter to do what he wants. Critical point was at the moment, when Kim asked him, if he thinks she need to be put to rest. He replied positively, and I felt, that here it is. I just followed, letting him do what was planned, agreeing with everything, as I decided not to interrupt him.

IC-ly, she was depressed. And, IC-ly she met Pieter very happily, thinking about discussion of the situation they got themselves in Skadi's Hall. She wasn't thinking about death at all, before possibility of ending her life was brought back to her.But the life was hard to her, she tired of it. She decided that she should live, however, and don't ask anyone to finish her. The weight of failure (mostly imaginative) was still high on her, and this unfinished duel, where she should have died. She started to think about death again with Pieter, changing her attitude towards it after almost each line, arguing mostly with herself than with Pieter. When she realized that she cant solve the argument fast and lost in her own thoughts, she tried to get 'help' from Pieter (or gamble on it), asking him indirectly if he feels that she should die (in a form of that she deserves rest, since she was speaking before, that she will have rest when she die). She gambled with her life and she lost it. What happened next, and why she didnt stop him? She was afraid of death, and was trying to overcome the fear. It is her greater motivation in almost everything she does: to fight fear and experience adrenaline. She got both. She wouldn't stop Pieter, since she thought she would show weakness. I think it would be the best to describe her condition in this situation regarding death with words, that Pieter himself told her about his desire to kill her, when he came to her: she didn't want to die, but were willing to die. (oh, and well, last her thought before passing out was that she didnt' taste that cake, that Pieter brought to her)

She has watched the recording of her death, and is still clueless why did she want to die (in fact, current clone shares same ideas about death as the one that died plus strong motivation against death because of this event), and thus she believes that something extreme happened in these two days, and that she 'invited' Pieter 'to kill her' because of it. Lets see how fun it could be.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #74 on: 27 Jun 2013, 18:13 »

aka, "How to Make Samira Squishy in 1 Easy Step"
Not the aim! Totally.
« Last Edit: 27 Jun 2013, 18:16 by Nicoletta Mithra »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6