Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Minmatar military specifically recruits hardened criminals for service in its elite Valklear units, and that many of the Republic's most senior officers were originally recruited in this way?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Fate of Diana Kim  (Read 7276 times)

Syagrius

• Egger
    • Memoirs of a Madman.
Re: Fate of Diana Kim
« Reply #30 on: 15 Jun 2013, 13:55 »

I think Diana has brought an important perspective to EvE RP, her posts on IGS nearly always make me smile. 

I understand that being “true” to her character may make suicide the most likely choice, but it isn't’ the only choice. 

Often times “true believers” follow their path long after their inspiration / leader is gone.  I hope she through you finds a way. 

I and perhaps James would miss her just a little :s.

Ashley

• Wetgraver
« Reply #31 on: 15 Jun 2013, 15:38 »

imho 4 or 5.
It would be sad if you just kill her off, she is a interesting and amusing character.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #32 on: 15 Jun 2013, 19:07 »

Option 5.

Plus what Gotti said on page 2.

Plus terrorism.

Or, if you don't pvp (I don't know you, so no idea), then vicarious terrorism via hiring mers to attack corps for DK's IC reasons (the mercs don't have to RP, they just have to kill stuff for the cause).

EDIT:  Having now seen her on IGS, you better not kill her!   :evil:
« Last Edit: 16 Jun 2013, 17:20 by Havohej »

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #33 on: 17 Jun 2013, 03:28 »

I see what you did there  :)

Im flattered that you would prefer to see her alive!
I will try to answer to everyone at once, but if you will feel I didn't answer to your point, feel free to poke me! (Just make sure you won't use sharp objects for poking and won't poke me through, unlike my characters I have only one clone! thanks~~)

First, about killing her completely with all her clones. My thoughts about it has shifted that it won't be most possible solution, because she considers her clones as assets of the State, and will destroy them only if certain triggers will happen, mostly to prevent them from doing something, she won't want them to do. If she will blame herself, she will kill only herself without clones.

I see that you prefer point 5 (i.e. without suicide), it is not over yet, and she will act according to her beliefs and actions of peoples (and, maybe mostly, dev actors) around her. Although when her decisions will be random, I'll make sure, they will be more in the spirit of preventing her from dying.

About option 3(loss of memory for the whole capsuleer period), I see there very different opinions. This was my idea to make some fun with her way before these events began to happen. I can lay it aside for a while, and, maybe, I will use it to revive her later after hitting option 1. Will she hold her current name, or will appear with her original name will depend on the physical condition of the character and account.

Now, taking the tea. Indeed, she will prefer other means of dealing with herself, so for this option she would need someone to... akhem... 'help'. As for it being Korsavius, it will be a bit difficult, since he is not Caldari. But feasible. To 'feed' her with tea would be best when something will happen, that she cannot accept as is. For example, it could have been quite easy to feed her some tea right after she knew about Heth actually killed Yanala and tried to destroy whole Caldari Prime. Some time later, when she had some time to meditate on this (and lately she is just locked in her quarters without flying much, just thinking about things and trying to find explanations) and convince herself, it will be practically impossible. Although, she still doesn't have explanations for everything, and you could possible make her stumble, and if pull right ropes, make her to take the tea. Just remember, that she thinks like Caldari and using normal moral norms on her won't work. Oh, and also, she is veerrrry aggressive, so if you push her too hard, she will switch to attacking you instead :lol:

Arnulf, she is not Achura completely, so if someone will make a tea with a concentration enough to kill any Achura but pretty safe to other Caldari, just to test, if she really has Cadalri blood, or just deranged Achuran girl, she will survive it without problem.

Now back, to the most interesting and tricky part: letting her live without suicide. First, I have said earlier, that she will remain loyal to the State in any case. To actually change it, make her (using Gottii's words) to throw rocks from outside, will be very difficult, almost impossible. At first, the war should stop (so she can't kill gallente), leadership changed, all her ideas devalued. But even in this case, she would prefer to simply kill herself, because "I won't be useful for the State anymore"-thing.

She would really prefer to not became "dissident scum" that she was fighting against, she despise greatly (and will continue to despise) those, who were opposing Heth, even if her own opinion of Heth will change radically. Going dissident is still feasible, but with very slim chance. It will be long and hard process, starting with her killing other enemies like sansha and pirating occasionally on "gallentes". But really, should the war stop, she will die.

So, well, the idea is, she will remain loyal to the State to the end, and if she will be throwing stones, it will be from the inside. At the same time she will try to maintain her convictions, and if her convictions will come to conflict to her loyalties, she must die, as proper Caldari. Well, there are two possibilities, that will change her convictions, but only in a small part: regarding Heth.

First: she will remain loyal to Heth even after his death and will idolize him, following line as Gottii said, just from inside the State. Probably at first she will be in a deep suicide-able condition, because she 'lost Heth' and 'can't live without him'. Probably she will suicide her current clone, probably not. But it is not fatal, since won't affect her other clones. But later, it will only reinforce her convictions, she will revere Heth as a hero and will be killing gallentes in his name, still keeping her in service of the State and following orders.

Second: if her attitude towards Heth will be reversed. This will depend mostly on following Heth's actions, and if his 'misdeeds' will overweight his 'merits' (in the sense of what he did to form her character and convictions), and possible for this she will have to review interpretation of his already completed actions, to drop them from 'merits' bowl to 'misdeeds'. In this case she at first will be in a very suicidal condition and it will be hard to prevent her from doing this, since she will believe she did a horrible mistake, that should be paid for with her blood. Eventually, she will enter state, suggested by Aria: "Why, yes, I used to be evil incarnate. I got better, though." She will continue to hate gallente (because it was way before Heth), she will remain in her service to the State, and will be killing gallente only because of pure hatred and duty. She will be ashamed of her past and loyalty to Heth.

Well, I think, that's all. Lets see how events will develop from here. And, Havohej, I like to pvp  :P

---
PS Diana doesn't want to 'kill Shin', some time later she won't want to kill either Kat or Arac as well, and will act on them with aggressive defense. She prefers to not have actual personal enemies according to her beliefs.

PPS Gottii, you are a bit freaky with this "you know my voice" thing, mmkay?  :eek: She is a soldier, not a showman.

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #34 on: 17 Jun 2013, 07:28 »

And, Havohej, I like to pvp
In that case, given all you've said, I still say terrorism is a great path.  She doesn't have to see herself as dissident scum or disloyal to the State to be a terrorist, after all.  Havo certainly sees himself (when he's thinking about it, which is seldom) as one of very, very few Minmatar loyal to the Minmatar People/Culture/Etc., while everyone else is either:

A race traitor
A slaver
A slaver supporter/sympathizer
A Federalist (i.e.: promoting outside influences that are destroying Minmatar culture)
Anyone else who's not actively engaged in helping achieve liberation of the slaves in the Empire (mostly Caldari, Gallente, Amarrians and Minmater who aren't in FW or terrorizing people outside of Minnie space - so... lots of people).

And since everyone falls into one of those categories... well.  Everyone's a fair and justifiable target.  :D  He's psychotic, I know, but what the hell... psychotic is fun.

I know you probably won't do it... but it's soooo much fun to be THE bad guy in a faction full of middle-of-the-road types and good guys.  I think at one time there were no other really evil actors in the Minmatar faction, besides Du'uma Fiisi.  Is it still that way now, I wonder... has there been a vacuum of evil in my absence?

Anyway, not trying to derail your thread - just got off work, tired, rambling.  Love your character so far!

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Desiderya

« Reply #35 on: 17 Jun 2013, 08:42 »

Like I said, PYRE needs more people with D.K. in their initials.  It might be the best choice if you want to keep Diana loyal to the State and/or hostile against federals. ;)

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
« Reply #36 on: 17 Jun 2013, 09:07 »

To be honest, if I understood the tea ceremony correctly and it's japanese/chinese equivalent, you take it when you've dishonored yourself by being unable to fulfill your duty. So, Diana doesn't actually have the right to take it: she has not failed. Her duty is not to keep Heth alive, she didn't participate in the lockdown, nor is responsible for his choices. Then, they also commit suicide for losing their boss/daimyo, but Diana's boss is her corp leader, not Heth, so this wouldn't be an option/path either.

So, we're left with the fifth option: deal with it! I like the idea of Diana becoming the voice of the provist in a world that turns their back on them.

But, if we push the japanese equivalent a bit far, she can also become a ronin of some kind, wandering without lord as she tries to find purpose in life by killing gallente non-stop.

Or maybe find a new sense in life: Diana is loyal to the State, not only the man in its head, so if the man changes and the structure remains, the State remains and so does Diana's loyalties.

Maybe she'll switch to the new paradigm as a true loyal obsessed would do, focusing on whatever the message of the State is in whatever time, because that's what "being loyal to the State is, like it or not, always back the message".

Or she could "fall from grace", and start to self-destroy in a life that's losing its sense and its meaning, it's always a very interesting story to RP and, well done, one of the best to watch.

And, certainly, going awol and turning back on all that "betrayed their beloved leader and brought down the true Caldari dream" can also be a good option, joining Guristas, Amarr, or even Gallente (not because of respect to them, but to press the Caldari so far that they see how important the old ways were; IIRC one of the caldari players, (Vikarion?) did so recently out of the same reason to oppose Heth, and I found it an interesting twist and turn).

Etc. Paths are infinite, of course, so do what's right, and don't kill Kim!  :evil: :evil: :evil:

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #37 on: 17 Jun 2013, 12:55 »

I'm not the only one who sees the parallels!

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3218907#post3218907

8)

Twitter

Aracturus

• Probably up to no good.
  • Clonejack
  • Stop looking at my junk you pervert!
« Reply #38 on: 18 Jun 2013, 07:38 »

Option Four.

Aracturus

• Probably up to no good.
  • Clonejack
  • Stop looking at my junk you pervert!
« Reply #39 on: 18 Jun 2013, 07:47 »

Also, Arac would very happily offer her some tea :D

Halete

• Egger
  • Just wants a friend...
« Reply #40 on: 19 Jun 2013, 02:39 »

I think we should come to the brink of suicide then realize all she really wants is a Minmatar in her life. The run off with Halete to start their new life together. :)

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #41 on: 19 Jun 2013, 03:53 »

Don't you think that Halete misses a very important body part for this kind of deal?  :lol:

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #42 on: 19 Jun 2013, 07:59 »

Option six: double down on the obsession, even if Heth kicks the bucket. Attempt to grow Heth clones for personal, sexual purposes. Decorate own quarters with Templis Dragonaur memorabilia. Practice active denial of Heth's mistakes, and have a conspiracy theory ready if anyone challenges your whitewashed history.

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #43 on: 19 Jun 2013, 08:58 »

Option six: double down on the obsession, even if Heth kicks the bucket. Attempt to grow Heth clones for personal, sexual purposes. Decorate own quarters with Templis Dragonaur memorabilia. Practice active denial of Heth's mistakes, and have a conspiracy theory ready if anyone challenges your whitewashed history.
Begin wearing a Heth-clone skinsuit. Kidnap political enemies and lock them in your basement. Begin calling yourself Diana Heth.

Anslol

« Reply #44 on: 19 Jun 2013, 09:21 »

Begin wearing a Heth-clone skinsuit. Kidnap political enemies and lock them in your basement. Begin calling yourself Diana Heth.

Why do I like these ideas...what the hell is wrong with me.  :eek:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6