Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Dam-Torsad is the Amarr Imperial City and capital? Read the chron!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Fate of Diana Kim  (Read 7298 times)

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
Re: Fate of Diana Kim
« Reply #45 on: 22 Jun 2013, 00:36 »

As a conclusion:

Regarding current events she won't try to kill herself and avoid options, that will force her going this way.
However, she will bump into other characters to try them to do it for her. Certain events have changed her attitude towards Heth (from maniacal to more rational) and towards orbital bombardments, but her further development is still heavy depends on what Heth will or won't do. She will be having lots of suicidal thoughts, unwilling to both live and die, until she will find a way to redeem herself.

I think it can be closed now.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #46 on: 22 Jun 2013, 02:57 »

* Lyn Farel prepares oblivion cocktail.

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #47 on: 24 Jun 2013, 10:12 »

A bit late to the party (I don't usually read this forum, but came to look for a specific bit of information), but story-wise, there is a few ways to apply the monomyth, even. Though Diana going ronin and starting to challenge anyone and everyone who she perceives as an enemy sounds worth exploring. (If the plan would be to really stir things, first join a player corporation and then start doing this - but probably better pick a corp that understands what is happening, additional drama just for the sake of drama is bad in my opinion.)

Kind of happy about no suicide, especially no tea (OCD sense twitching - since Achura are not from Caldari Prime, it would have been somewhat unlikely for them to have the genes to survive the tea, though of course, marriage to someone from Caldari Prime would have been very easy to work into Diana's background ancestry). Guristas most likely make no sense, but if there's enough support, something like our own plan in the opposite scenario (i.e. total Provist control of the State) could work - a collection of a small group of individuals worked into varying degrees omnicidal mania, with trappings taken from the Caldari history. (Kind of shame, I wouldn't have minded to see how Saana would pull off being in a permanent state of tranquil fury.)
« Last Edit: 25 Jun 2013, 02:58 by Mithfindel »

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #48 on: 24 Jun 2013, 14:57 »

Diana is half Archura and half Caldari. I forget which strain of Caldari she is though.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Rok-Yuni

• Egger
« Reply #49 on: 25 Jun 2013, 00:08 »

Hmmm... an interesting question.

Personally, though 2 of my characters have issues with Diana, i'd prefer option 5.
These are testing times for anyone, but Diana could come out of this without taking the tea and retain some semblance of honour.

Even a failed tea-suicide would work, though not necessarily becomming a fanatical wayist afterwards, she could take her survival as simply another chance to serve the state, or, (more difficult to do in game, especially if heth dies) as a sign that she was right all along.

The latter may be difficult to pull off though, as it would require turning against the state as it stands after the whole hethgate event ends...

not voting on it as i can't decide between the options... still. there's my 2p on the matter

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #50 on: 25 Jun 2013, 08:58 »

After our lovely OOC chat about it last night, you know where I stand in my hopes for DK.

You know you wanna...  :cube:

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #51 on: 26 Jun 2013, 08:27 »

Unfortunately, today she was pushed 'overboard' and was killed... unexpectedly. She didn't prepare to die at all, haven't deactivated her clones (if she planned to die), and neither had up to date softclones (if she planned to live after), so her next clone when woke up was completely confused and clueless, since she left nothing, no messages, no recordings, except those, that were sent by the killer to authorities.

What happened exactly? She was in a very depressed state, and a person, who came to help, was pushing her to thoughts about killing her, and when she finally said she wanted to die... killed her. She didn't resist.

On a bright side, her new (actually - old) clone was confronted in the Summit, almost pushing her to commit real suicide because of losing honor, and she has realized that she totally doesn't want to die. For now, her suicidal thoughts are completely gone, unless someone will push her again, or something bad happens with Mr. Heth  :P

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #52 on: 26 Jun 2013, 12:46 »

At first I was horrified with how that scene played out. The idea was offered very neutrally, based on her actions and on conversations had with others and the decision for her to actually kill herself was apparently caused by a complete misunderstanding of a metaphorical use of the word 'Rest'.

DK popping up immediately thereafter, having undergone a traditional ritual, was even more horrifying, of course.

I couldn't understand how this had come to pass. There were so many options to turn aside the blade. But now I'm beginning to see some RP upshots from it.

1. DK no longer wishes to commit suicide and will, hopefully, tone down the deathseeking behaviour that's been troubling the Caldari she associates with.

2. Pieter will now be a lot less driven to 'help fix' every wounded bird that he encounters. This has cost him, personally, and he now has to undergo a trial to make things right with the Winds and his Ancestors.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #53 on: 26 Jun 2013, 13:09 »

... Pieter. You're really bad at this.

>.>

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
« Reply #54 on: 26 Jun 2013, 14:49 »

Pieter, does your character have any evidence that she asked for 'rest'?

Witnesses? A signed document?

Caldari honorable suicide involves tea, not publicly stating that you're going to spar with someone and then snapping their neck when no one else is around.

Even from an OOC perspective, your character appears to have gone to a person's house, been invited in, and then murdered her.
« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2013, 14:54 by Makkal »

Current Events

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #55 on: 26 Jun 2013, 15:21 »

Once again, I would like to publicly offer asylum within the Federation, Pieter. Join us! We have space potatoes! :twisted:

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #56 on: 26 Jun 2013, 15:29 »

Pieter, does your character have any evidence that she asked for 'rest'?

Witnesses? A signed document?

Caldari honorable suicide involves tea, not publicly stating that you're going to spar with someone and then snapping their neck when no one else is around.

Even from an OOC perspective, your character appears to have gone to a person's house, been invited in, and then murdered her.

Recorded conversation, luckily.

And it's never been said, Canon, that the Maker's Tea is the ONLY way for an honourable exit. After all, Tovil-Toba used a Carrier for his.

The point was that, clearly, she wasn't going to take her own life but, equally clearly, she was going to keep putting herself in positions whereby she'd try to get someone else to take it.

And quite frankly, both IC and OOC, I tried to do something about it. Well, fuck me for trying, eh? This wasn't godmodded, DK had multiple opportunities to simply say "No, not what I want" both OOC and IC. I feel like I was trapped into it and that certain people are now going to use it against me.

Well, fine. If that's how you all want to play it. Lesson learned and I'm going to be VERY selective in how and who I RP with in future.
« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2013, 15:32 by Pieter Tuulinen »

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
« Reply #57 on: 26 Jun 2013, 15:38 »

How were you trapped into doing it?

Current Events

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #58 on: 26 Jun 2013, 15:46 »

Because it was not made apparent until it was already well in progress that this was NOT what was wanted, despite lots of opportunities for an 'out'.

A simple "No thank you, kirjuun." could have turned it into fifteen minutes of writing and  one awkward cup of tea.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
« Reply #59 on: 26 Jun 2013, 15:51 »

OOC, I sympathize. That's not a nice position to be in. You'll probably catch flack for this IC but it's not insurmountable.

My character will likely be upset about this though.

Current Events
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6