Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Mindflood, a sedative booster, is taken by pouring liquid from a vial onto a cloth, placing it over one's mouth, and inhaling the fumes? (The Burning Life p 38)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Fate of Diana Kim  (Read 7279 times)

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
Re: Fate of Diana Kim
« Reply #15 on: 14 Jun 2013, 10:43 »

Throwing my weight behind #5 as well, followed by 3 or 4 (I don't really prefer one or the other).
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #16 on: 14 Jun 2013, 10:54 »

OMG dont you dare touch a hair on Diana's head.

I choose option 5, become a rabble-rousing outsider, rallying the massive numbers of Caldari poor and disenfrancised to remember the glories of the Heth regime, when the Federation was cowed, Caldari Prime was theirs, and a true meritocracy existed. 

Its far, far, far more fun and easy to attack the status quo than defend it.   Become the voice for the true Caldari people! 

"Fellow Caldari!  You know me, you know my voice.  You know our glorious history, and you know the struggles under which we now endure (( there are always struggles to be endured))!

I come to you to remind you of who we are, of where we have been, and of where we shall go!  If you listen to GalNet, you can hear the voices of those who undermined our great State, those who would steer us from our noble traditions, those who betrayed the very sacrifices our ancestors made!

These voices tell you that the late, great Heth was a monster, was a betrayer of our Caldari ways!  These so called voices of the Caldari people?  They wear the cloak of Gallentism, the false and insipid ideology our ancestors fought so hard to free themselves from, and they call it "Liberialism", a very ideology born not of Caldari Prime but instead the decadent boutiques and salons of Luminaire!

Look at these voices!  Sexual deviants with their Gallente lovers and Matari friends!  Those who seek to pollute our ways and our lifestyle, to rob us of what makes us Caldari! Rob us of our heritage! 

They tell us that they restored the State!  Yet those of us, those true Caldari who work and build and strive every day in its service, we all know that Heth brought us a true Meritocracy!  Under Heth, our sons and daughters blessed to be born with merit, the true future of the Caldari people, could take their rightful place as leaders of our great State!  Now?  A cartel of  capsuleers and "liberal" cronies have conspired to rob us of our hard won glory!

They ask you to despise and sneer at Heth, for he had the courage to stand against these false voices and alien ways!  He gave us our home!  He gave us our true meritocracy!  He gave us our heritage!  He worked for us, those true and real Caldari, not those in power who have turned from true meritocracy to perserve their ill-gotten positions, not for these "capsuleers" with their outsider friends and un-Caldari ways, but for US, the true sons and daughters of the State!

Rise with me brothers and sisters!  Hold true to our ways, for Heth taught us that the dreams our ancestors fought for can live again!"

OMG, dont give up on Diana Kim.  Its soooooooooooooooooooo much more fun to be on the outside throwing stones than on the inside trying to keep the walls from caving in.
« Last Edit: 14 Jun 2013, 19:31 by Gottii »
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Anslol

« Reply #17 on: 14 Jun 2013, 10:55 »

Gottii why are you a better Provist than Kim...

Makoto Priano

« Reply #18 on: 14 Jun 2013, 11:43 »

oooh! :D

So. My thoughts.

I do rather like option 4. The tea is a classic Caldari symbol, and it's a way to display that Caldari dedication and take it whereever you like -- retaining the character, but giving you freedom to expand from there. For instance, she could feel justification -- or she could see it as a chance to redeem herself. "I took the tea as punishment. I have survived my punishment. I must go on, and do good." What 'good' is, well, that's an interesting question.

Option 5 -could- take a couple of forms. If Heth or a Provist core survives the Haatomo station, she could go renegade to some degree...? Either following the remaining Provists into exile...?

Alternatively, there is always the Nation. ;)

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #19 on: 14 Jun 2013, 13:10 »

If you do go with the tea option, I volunteer to be the one who prepares/delivers it for her.  8)
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #20 on: 14 Jun 2013, 14:50 »

We haven't had a prominent PC Guristas figurehead for a while now. Just sayin'.  :yar:

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #21 on: 14 Jun 2013, 15:09 »

We haven't had a prominent PC Guristas figurehead for a while now. Just sayin'.  :yar:

She could spike her hair and get an eyepatch!
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #22 on: 14 Jun 2013, 15:17 »

She could spike her hair and get an eyepatch!

Makes all kinds of sense to me.

I'm for option 5 if only because 4 seems unlikely for an Achura.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #23 on: 14 Jun 2013, 17:32 »

#5. I agree with Gotti, one of Kim's strong points is her conviction, and I think she might not dare be so weak as to let the State, Heth and what he stood for down by taking the easy way out, a cowardly suicide without honour, and risk the Gallente conquering the State.

I also think that option #4 might only apply if Kim was forced into the Tea Maker Ceremony? Does someone know this?
-OOChé

Shiori

« Reply #24 on: 14 Jun 2013, 18:04 »

Suicide is a cop-out, unless it's a proper honor suicide; but then, taking the tea when Heth kicks the bucket is much like claiming to be personally responsible for his safety, or the ideas of Provism itself. Live, damn you! Live!

Sakura Nihil

• Egger
  • Glory
« Reply #25 on: 14 Jun 2013, 23:25 »

Take the tea. Survive. Join us to put boots to Feddy faces.

Probably makes the most sense, especially if Heth's served his tea.  Follow him down the path, so to speak, but survive it.  This would make her a very convoluted character, in that she believes herself to be redeemed and speaking righteously about purging the Gallente, but at the same time makes cooperation with her fellow Caldari difficult due to their "treasonous actions" in removing Heth.

Such a situation would convert her from a very direct "kill all the frogs!" character to one with more depth.  To outright suicide her and biomass Kim would be to take the easy way out, characters are always more fun once they've been shaken to the core once or twice.

Hell, Sak went from a naive guardian of mining ops to a pirate leader after she got left to rot by a bunch of carebears she thought were her friends...  adversity makes good characters.

Just... don't pull the amnesia card.  That trope is way too overused in capsuleer circles.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #26 on: 15 Jun 2013, 08:27 »

Probably makes the most sense, especially if Heth's served his tea.  Follow him down the path, so to speak, but survive it.
Well, Kim might come to interesting conclusions if The Winds/Maker seemingly approved of her loyalty to Heth, but not of Heth himself. Actually, just Kim trying to figure out what the heck that means could be interesting RP.
Edit: I still believe the Tea Maker ceremony should be forced upon Kim, if this is the option taken. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.
« Last Edit: 15 Jun 2013, 08:30 by Ché Biko »
-OOChé

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #27 on: 15 Jun 2013, 08:45 »

Probably makes the most sense, especially if Heth's served his tea.  Follow him down the path, so to speak, but survive it.
Well, Kim might come to interesting conclusions if The Winds/Maker seemingly approved of her loyalty to Heth, but not of Heth himself. Actually, just Kim trying to figure out what the heck that means could be interesting RP.
Edit: I still believe the Tea Maker ceremony should be forced upon Kim, if this is the option taken. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

To be clear when I say option 4 seems unlikely for an Achura I mean no resistance to full strength kresh tea.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #28 on: 15 Jun 2013, 08:53 »

Sani Sabik can kill as many Gallente as they want! :twisted:

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #29 on: 15 Jun 2013, 09:13 »

I'd favor not suiciding her. It would be entirely understandable if she did kill herself, and an appropriate ending to her personal tragedy, but that sort of ends the story.

Have you considered letting her start down the road to recovery from her trauma? If there's anything rarer than a fascist character, it's an ex-fascist; few people are willing to play a fascist in the first place, and there's something toxic about the idea of ever having been one (possibly related to Nazi war criminals getting tracked down in Wisconsin or New Jersey decades after WWII) that makes most reluctant to consider fascism as a viable character background.

It's a bit like saying, "Why, yes, I used to be evil incarnate. I got better, though."

... only more human, which is awesome, actually.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6