Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the DED and the Sisters of EVE cooperate on audits of megacorps? (The Burning Life p 35)

Author Topic: Wiki  (Read 1880 times)

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Wiki
« on: 17 Apr 2010, 09:42 »

Does it make sense to create a separate wiki here? I tend to think that character and player corporation descriptions belong over in EVElopedia, and probably a lot of the collections of lore info, but perhaps others have other ideas?

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
Re: Wiki
« Reply #1 on: 17 Apr 2010, 10:24 »

There was some discussion about it, and I think the concern was that we do already have the official Eve wiki. So the question was what purpose would a new one serve?

I'm under the impression that if it's something that people want, a wiki is something we might be able to set up, though.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #2 on: 18 Apr 2010, 02:13 »

What would be needed to make a Wiki project worthwhile would be a pretty massive project leaning heavily towards ArrPee and scraping together all the shit from various broken, abandoned, decrepit, or just shitty eve-wikis all over the internets, and editing their content to spin that OOC straw into IC, RP-compatible, accessible-to-rookies gold.

How 'bout it, O ye Inspired Stagehands? Are you man enough? Woman enough? Capsuleer enough?

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #3 on: 18 Apr 2010, 09:52 »

Sounds like a herculean effort.  Daunting  :eek:

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #4 on: 18 Apr 2010, 10:34 »

Ashar's welcome to try whatever, but as I think more about it, EVElopedia seems like a better and better place.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #5 on: 18 Apr 2010, 13:19 »

That was mainly my point, yeah. You kind of have to really work to improve on EVElopedia now, despite its glaring flaws. It's official, etc.