Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That ship crews only perform cleanup, maintenance, and lower-order operations on ships? (The Burning Life p 31)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hallo~  (Read 3070 times)

Havva

• Clonejack
  • I Know It Seems Blacker Than Midnight
Hallo~
« on: 18 Aug 2010, 03:00 »

Hello,

I'm entirely new to Eve, but not to RP... so I'm very excited to have found that there is forum RP for Eve.

I got into Eve because a lot of my friends were playing, so I picked up the free trial. I enjoy the graphics of Eve (it's breath-taking), as well as mission running... but I felt a lack of being able to develop my character beyond a simple avatar. Then one of my peeps alerted me to the forums.

Currently, I am trying to make my way through the many forum posts on the Eve site regarding RP and fiction. There is quite a lot, but until I have finished with that, I thought I would join this site and post! Perhaps someone could update me to the general atmosphere and playing style of the Eve Forum-RP community? I wouldn't mind some suggestions of active RP communities to join in with, preferably for a Minmatar character.

Thanks!
~Havva

Kaldor Mintat

• Egger
Re: Hallo~
« Reply #1 on: 18 Aug 2010, 08:17 »

Welcome to Backstage.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #2 on: 18 Aug 2010, 08:35 »

Welcome here Havva.

Merely offering a good RP corp or group for a Minmatar character is not as easy is it sounds, there are many options, none are limited to being Minmatar - it depends what you want ot do.

Republican loyalist - the Electus Matari, among others, is an alliance by Minmatar for Minmatar (mostly, many others there too) who endeavor to protect the Republic from all dangers, internal or external, iirc.

Minmatar Freedom Fighter - many, many options, among them the new form of Ushra'Khan, (sorry can't recall new name now) an alliance fighting to end slavery, situated in Providence last I looked. There are so many others, options really are grand.

Minmatar Terrorist - Havohej's corp (could not pronounce the name to save my life :bash:) is on this category, the difference from a Freedom Fighter and a Terrorist is slim, mostly in the eye of the beholder, however actions define differences as well. Havohej's corp is quite extreme in their goals and methods and will differ from many other Minmatar outfits in rules of conduct.

Empire loyalist - A minmatar born a slave in the empire, or born a Nefantar (reffer to the Ammatar Free Corps in the CVA alliance for this branch - there are many others) who remain loyal to the Empire, either as a faithfull servant, or a slave freed by his/her master and serving of thir own will and faith, or many other options.

A pilot that left Republic space to join the State and assist the Caldari (See members of the I-RED alliance for this) are another option, as is...

Federation citizens, as the Gallente Federation is roughtly one third Minmatar who immigrated to it the option to join them and play a 'Federal Minmatar' is an ever available one. For this talking to Seriphy Inhonores might be wise, or Zagamesh, he played one for years until very recently.

Then there are the 'unlawfull' options like joining the Angel Cartel, Guristas, becoming a Blood Raider or siding with the Sansha's Nation. Reffer to Verone, Mishara, Aria Jenneth and others for these options.

Honestly the options are not in any way limited for a Minmatar character. Playing a minmatar is like playing a Gallente or anyone else - it has a spesific 'generalized' flavor that is then taken and modified until you have a character that suits you and your desires.

Look around these forums, and you will find what you need and others who can help you.

P.S: Here's your cup - *hand over a cup* someone will be around soon to fill it with coffee or tea, depending on your prefference.

Zuzanna Alondra

• Omelette
« Reply #3 on: 18 Aug 2010, 10:14 »

Minmatar Terrorist - Havohej's corp (could not pronounce the name to save my life :bash:) is on this category, the difference from a Freedom Fighter and a Terrorist is slim, mostly in the eye of the beholder, however actions define differences as well. Havohej's corp is quite extreme in their goals and methods and will differ from many other Minmatar outfits in rules of conduct.

P.S: Here's your cup - *hand over a cup* someone will be around soon to fill it with coffee or tea, depending on your prefference.

I will confess due to real life issues Du'uma is very quiet right now - but if you want a real good RP angle I can work with you.  We are a fun little group.  However right now functionally outside of the IGS we are a small militia corp at the moment.  But I'd be happy to teach you the ropes of PvP. 

Thank you Bloodbird for the positive PR.  As he mentioned all the other options - I've seen a bit of all of the above.  In reality you can pick any faction and there is a legit RP way to explain it.  And folks would be happy to help direct you the right way within the choice you made.

Also depending on how new you are to the game - TRAIN LEARNING SKILLS!  Seriously - no one told me about that until I had been playing for two months already. There is a thread listing the things people wished they learned sooner - don't feel afraid to ask questions.  I and I know many members of Eve would hate to loose a roleplayer due to the steep learning curve for a new player in this game.  Let us help.

*cheers*
:cup:

Welcome to Backstage, I offer tea, Cas shall be coming shortly if you like coffee instead.

I of course offer tea.

Zuzanna Alondra

• Omelette
« Reply #4 on: 18 Aug 2010, 10:19 »

Oh - Bloodbird:

Havohej - Have - o - hej (like hedge)
Du'uma Fiisi - I can bring you in voice coms for this one, but the closest phonics spelling is "Do-ma Fishy"

If you think that's hard to pronounce, just be glad you don't have to try to say Havohej's characters last name ten times fast.  I still can't say it right.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #5 on: 18 Aug 2010, 10:20 »

Then there are the 'unlawfull' options like joining the Angel Cartel, Guristas, becoming a Blood Raider or siding with the Sansha's Nation. Reffer to Verone, Mishara, Aria Jenneth and others for these options.

Everyone forgets Serpentis >.>
Anyways, welcome to backstage.

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #6 on: 18 Aug 2010, 14:28 »

Hiya.

Do we have Intaki Syndicate loyalists? Sure, they're kind of Intaki, but that doesn't mean that they wouldn't have use for other people in their ops. "Hey, should we check that guy for smuggled goods?" "Nah, come on. He's clearly Amarr, with religious symbols all over and all the stuff. He wouldn't smuggle, would he?"

Havva

• Clonejack
  • I Know It Seems Blacker Than Midnight
« Reply #7 on: 18 Aug 2010, 15:42 »

Hm, I'm inclined to lean more towards Minmatar Freedom Fighter or Terrorist... or maybe the Federation citizen angle.

Thanks for the info!

*continues to read and ponder*

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #8 on: 18 Aug 2010, 16:10 »

Hi there!
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Sofia Roseburn

• Does this look like the face of mercy?
  • Egger
« Reply #9 on: 18 Aug 2010, 17:34 »

Hi~

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #10 on: 18 Aug 2010, 20:07 »

Hey,

Welcome!

Two things.

1) I always pronounced Havohej's name in my head Have-o-hey. I guess it's not a soft j. I think my way is still cooler.

2) If you're thinking Fed-Min, we have a number of Minmatar in the ILF. Freedom fighter sympathisers, I guess.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #11 on: 19 Aug 2010, 00:46 »

You're nothing but subcontractors and you know it (kidding) :P

Also, feel free to add me to the list of contact points for the evil league of evil.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #12 on: 01 Oct 2010, 07:23 »

I have some food for thought here.

Get about it!

Isobel Mitar

• Egger
« Reply #13 on: 01 Oct 2010, 11:36 »

Hi and welcome.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #14 on: 01 Oct 2010, 13:38 »

Minnies really do have more options than just about anyone. I'm jealous sometimes.  8)

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!
Pages: [1] 2