Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The True Slaves are loyal, implant controlled slave troops of Sansha Kuvakei? Moar here.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [Character] Graelyn  (Read 6887 times)

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
[Character] Graelyn
« on: 17 Apr 2010, 04:04 »

Photo taken: YC-103

Call sign:
Graelyn

Name:
[Unknown]

Eyes:
Light blue

Hair:
N/A - Heavy implant setup.

Height:
6'0

Weight:
Fluctuates - New clone, ~165lbs - Clones over a year old begin to deteriorate quickly with low weight and crumbling muscle mass. In between he eats quite well and gets pudgy easily.

Physical description:
While at least one sighted and well-travelled jumpclone(?) is known to keep his dull grey hair, very long, nearly to his waist, normally his customized implant set is installed, in which case his skull is metal, with various memory expansion chipsets installed. Alternates between  military uniforms in his Alliance colors (red, black, gold) for political appearances and thick simple robes with a hood the rest of the time, with podsuit underneath. Generally walks with a cane, though perhaps mainly as an accessory (seems to have a selective limp, see item 22). Smokes menthol cigarettes, and on rare occasions a pipe. His movements seem to betray that his age is not as great as it appears, as is keeping with Amarrian customs and styles.

Public Information:

"1st Gen" Progressivist/Liberal Amarrian loyalist who works within the Imperial system. Believes no change can come to the Empire through external pressure, fights for almost all established Imperial interests, quietly leveraging prestige earned in such conflicts toward progressive causes.

Has been a member of, or fought alongside of in extended campaign, nearly every Amarr-aligned organisation in New Eden. Keeps close contact between these groups in an attempt to ensure that internal political issues in the Empire do not lead to Amarr-aligned Capsuleer forces fighting one another; has averted this from happening on certain occasions in the past when Imperial politics were more volatile.

Strong proponent of solidarity between the Empire and her allies (Khanid Kingdom, Caldari State, Ammatar Mandate), works alongside these forces as often as possible in the name of co-operation. Supporter of convert's rights within the Empire, has run organisations in the past solely made up of non-Amarr fighting for the Empire. A frequent quoter of the Pax Amarria. First capsuleer proponent of the "Greater Amarria" movement.

While keeping a public face of deep faith in the Imperial religion, true religious beliefs unknown, as private reports conflict. Known to debate the strengths of Amarr as judged through secular means; believes the Empire's superiority is based in the strength of it's culture, and centuries-long-term, patient advancement. Has stated publicly that Amarr cannot currently win a Holy War against all of it's enemies, to the annoyance of his more conservative associates, and some clergy.

Slaver; supports the fundamental system of slavery as a means of bringing other races into the 'unified humanity' that Amarr is 'intended to be'. Highly critical of the realities of exploitation present in the Slavery industry in Amarr. Frequent hunter of those involved in illegal slaver activity, seems to place a high priority on such operations. Active supporter of the SPCS (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Slaves). Has owned extensive training/work facilities. Fond of releasing trusted late-gen slaves into the Empire, the Mandate, and even the Republic. Rumored to have participated in releasing deeply faithful Matari converts directly into Tribal populations, with mixed and sometimes bloody results.

Age; while not necessarily very old in years (true age unknown), is among the very few longest surviving Amarrian loyalists, and a '1stGen' capsuleer. Has been a source of many tales of earlier exploits of pod pilots, and especially Amarrian capsuleer history.

No information has ever been located or made available regarding subject's pre-capsuleer origins, upbringing, or background. No real formal attempt to put any such information to inquiry has apparently ever been attempted among the many Amarr institutions Graelyn works among or for. A Theology Council agent (see note ####) known to operate with and around the Cardinal's owned estates, hangars, and ships, is suspected at this point to be key to this process.

A founder and one-time Executor of the Aegis Militia [AM] capsuleer paramilitary alliance. At it's founding, and for the 5 years of it's first 3 phases, it represented the other half of Amarrian Loyalism not represented by the CVA. CVA was an Amarr-blood-only organisation at this time,  devoutly loyal to the current regime on the Amarrian throne, while AM combined corporations who all followed vastly different political paths in the Empire working as one. Corporations in the original AM included those representing non-Amarr converts, House Sarum, The Khanid Kingdom, and more. Keeping these myriad groups united, and more importantly, from falling into easy conflict with the CVA, kept Graelyn very busy for years.

Has sought to reform the new AM in the past year, alongside ex-CVA head cleric and now AM Executor Kithrus.

Holds high standing with the Sarum Family and the Theology Council of Amarr, despite holding public opinions in opposition to some of their goals. Is known to have both connected friends and powerful enemies in these organizations.

Dire enemy of the Blood Raider Covenant, and most other Sani Sabik-aligned sects. Known to often operate planetside to uproot and purge covert BRC assets and followers. One of the commanding officers of Amarr-aligned forces during the Blood War, in which the Imperial Navy and Capsuleers fought the Covenant directly, destroying their control of the Bleak Lands and forcing them into the Delve region, where they reside today.

Addendum: The Tetrimon Affair

Before AM, was the commander of forces summoned by the Amarr Navy and the Theology Council to pursue the outlawed Tetrimon Order as they brought thier non-canon-approved scriptures into Amarr space. After the TC and Emperor Doriam II issued a statement that the order must be allowed to present their case to the Council unhampered by loyalist attacks, and with AM formed, Graelyn joined in the defense of the Order.

While other AM corporations declared direct loyalty to the Order, Graelyn repeatedly publicly stated his forces to be working only under the current protection edict. For two years, AM was tasked with a myriad of objectives and campaigns in Amarrian low-security space, culminating in the construction and defense of the structures holding the Tetrimon scriptures themselves, housed in an AM tower in Haras.

On the day that the Theology Council delivered their decision against the Tetrimon Order, the Sarumite Executor of AM, Lady Mirial Basrai, was assassinated in a complex attack by unknown individuals, including strikes on backup and tertiary clone sites. Graelyn, now executor, and free of the protection edict, stood down the AM forces defending the tower and the Order, allowing it's destruction by Amarr Navy dreadnoughts, the loss of all artifacts, and the deaths of all known remaining Tetrimon leadership. While he has stated often that he stuck specifically to the letter of his agreements, he has been accused several times by voices sympathetic to the Tetrimon cause of engineering the betrayal and destruction of the Order. His role in hunting the Order beforehand, and his later and ongoing work with the Theology Council and TC-loyalist corporations, has only added fuel to these accusations, which he flatly denies.
« Last Edit: 30 Mar 2017, 14:33 by Graelyn »

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
Re: [Character] Graelyn
« Reply #1 on: 28 Apr 2010, 19:31 »

Added moar stuff

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #2 on: 28 Apr 2010, 22:46 »

Yey.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 29 Apr 2010, 07:54 »

Too long? I dunno, what do you think? I've gotten zero feedback.

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 29 Apr 2010, 16:51 »

not too long - nice to know more about Graelyn(c)
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #5 on: 02 May 2010, 23:49 »

Grae, that shit be awesome, except for the part where I'm going to steal half of it and adapt it for mine because HOLY CRAP similarities.

I can only really say that I know you're from Heidon for vague OOC reasons and if you don't want to stick that in, that's cool, but I wish you'd do an inspiration dump thread about Heidonite stuff, culture, environment, thinking, et cetera. We should have more of that to draw upon.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 May 2010, 04:07 »

See this is the pity about having such sharp IC divides like slavery.

I get the impression Arnulf would like this guy a bit if he knew half of this stuff. But because Graelyn is an Imperial loyalist and Arn is a Republican Matari it's unlikely to happen.

Having the sort of issues that completely polarise people in game means you tend to largely wind up with distinct communities that only interact to bicker, sling insults & shoot at each other.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Kra

• Ark
  • Clonejack
« Reply #7 on: 27 May 2010, 03:05 »

Hail Graelyn! Hope you're doing alright. Just to point out AM as alliance is no longer, CVA recruited last remaining loyal corporation ((AM tried to transfer sov to another loyal organization but due to bug it wasn't possible and UK claimed our constellation, ccp had cursed AM i guess and finally got it destroyed despite all our efforts)). AM had done its job and had time to go to rest i guess. We had good times together and i hail you for that! Good to know you're not in some red organization now.
Your writing skill is grate and i always enjoyed your writings!
Fly strong, fight proud! Amarr Victor!
((p.s. need to talk to you ingame, drop a convo when you log back in.))

((p.s.2 also its not fair to say that AM lost its former glory, AM fielded almost 300 ppl in battle for d-g, initial fight for Providence against SC, AM had titan, several motherships and countless dreads. So AM was on right path, path of strenght. Only problem was that it wasnt old AM, it lost RP roots, thats why i left, but it was moment of its glory.))
« Last Edit: 27 May 2010, 04:19 by Kra »
He who stands with me shall be my brother!

Vieve

« Reply #8 on: 27 May 2010, 03:57 »

*blink*

Ashar, I now see what you mean when you said Graelyn and Celeste could get along famously.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
« Reply #9 on: 28 May 2010, 10:58 »

*blink*

Ashar, I now see what you mean when you said Graelyn and Celeste could get along famously.

That's a bit spooky.

Heya KRA!

Tomahawk Bliss

• Cut Yo' Face
  • Clonejack
« Reply #10 on: 29 May 2010, 14:52 »

much of "the new AM" corps joined Opticon, i see them all the time.  blue, oddly enough.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
« Reply #11 on: 14 Jul 2010, 05:09 »

Not blue anymore, are they?

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #12 on: 18 Jan 2011, 12:58 »

Not to necro this, but it is really nice to see more about Graelyn.  I, personally, like long bios, so I wouldn't mind reading more.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
« Reply #13 on: 18 Jan 2011, 14:08 »

Hey, thanks.  :)

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
« Reply #14 on: 18 Jan 2011, 15:26 »

We need more Graelyn......MOOOARRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2