Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That "Perfection ain't all it's cracked up to be" is an Angel Cartel saying? (Region Description)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Post your "funny EVE moment of the day"  (Read 3123 times)

Benjamin Shepherd

Post your "funny EVE moment of the day"
« on: 07 Aug 2010, 01:40 »

Topic says it all. One thing that happened to you on EVE that you found funny. Could be anything.

Zag

Re: Post your "funny EVE moment of the day"
« Reply #1 on: 07 Aug 2010, 02:26 »

So there I was on the new version of Zag, somewhat inebriated and sleep deprived in Malkalen. Caldari Frigate III had just finished, and I thought to myself:

"Well, time to buy myself a Kestrel."

I had a few convos open and just flicked open the market tab, and since it was set to lowest price first I just bought the closest Kestrel for about 200k. Wallet blink was turned off and I thought nothing of it. Jumped to where it was, got in it, finished the convos and went to bed.

Next day as I log in I notice I'm 200mil lighter than I was previously. I'm wondering where the hell did I shell out on something for 200mil? I sure as hell didn't remember.

Look in transaction logs and there we go. 200mil Kestrel.

Awesome.

Being drunk and tired, I forgot market was set to nearest.

I've decided to turn the damn thing into an RP channel and start fitting it with officer mods. Every act of stupidity has a silver lining right?

Hopefully it at least came with an awsome bodykit, 24 carat gold spinners, velvet interior and a subwoofer liable to cause internal hemorrhaging as organs liquefy.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #2 on: 07 Aug 2010, 09:09 »

Man, I love it when folks do that. >.>

Kaldor Mintat

• Egger
« Reply #3 on: 07 Aug 2010, 11:40 »

Well, latest one was when my amarr tradealt sold a Taranis to a guy and when doing a lowsec run about 80 minutes later encountered a Taranis wreck at a gate belonging to the same player. Got some nice salvage, some factionammo and a few TII mods.

If only trading was always that good.....

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #4 on: 07 Aug 2010, 14:22 »

Autopiloting my Salvager 'cane across highsec, when suddenly the sounds of pewpew interrupted my mastur... movie watching. I check the client, and a legion's dying right next to me. I lock on the wreck, salvage and let the autopilot go it's merry way.

Easy money, from cleaning up Electus Matari's littering.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #5 on: 07 Aug 2010, 14:32 »

EVE has sound?
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #6 on: 07 Aug 2010, 16:37 »

Pretty sounds too, but yeah. I only have them activated when I'm either mostly afk, mining or otherwise doing things that require very little attention. My mining lasers going quiet means I've forgotten to empty my hold into the Orca, or the 'roids being empty. The sounds help me know when my autopilot's finished it's task and so on.

Oh, and when doing some of the L4s. Large ACs aren't so impressive, but 1400s artillery will make that so immensely pleasing sound of '*snip*, and it's coming at terminal velocity'. Besides, some mission music is kind of cool.

[admin]While language isn't generally a big issue, casual references to rape should be avoided.[/admin]
« Last Edit: 10 Aug 2010, 13:36 by Silver Night »

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Last Edit: 07 Aug 2010, 17:08 by Caellach Marellus »
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."

Benjamin Shepherd

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #9 on: 07 Aug 2010, 20:38 »

And they didn't even drop.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #10 on: 07 Aug 2010, 20:56 »

Profitable CCP is profitable.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #11 on: 07 Aug 2010, 22:32 »

http://ad0pt.evekb.co.uk/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=1539031

Says it all really.

To quote a comment on the Spacemonkey's alliance (the guys who lost that) KB,

"ChYph3r: 2010-08-08 03:49:17
there is nothing funny about being the laughing stock of fucking eve from this!
"

To clarify, this was NOT a suicide gank. They were at war.

StealthEdit:

So, I'm flying through 0.0 in my pilgrim. I jump through a gate, and surprise! A bubble goes up around the gate. I check overview, and it's a lone sabre. I shrug, turn around, and do the MWD-cloak thing to start burning back toward the gate. The sabre realises what I'm doing, and also burns back and jumps through the gate to catch me on the other side.

Without waiting for me to jump.

I pound the "stop ship" button a couple times, blink, check to make sure it's not an epic trap of some kind... and then simply turn around, MWD out of the bubble,  and go on my merry way. Just about as I hit the outbound gate, he evidently realised what I'd done and popped back into local.
« Last Edit: 07 Aug 2010, 22:44 by Esna Pitoojee »
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #12 on: 07 Aug 2010, 23:34 »

ASCN is dead.

KA-TET has recently been formed, allied to Roadkill, another Ex-Stain Alliance faction.

Because we are bored, Ayalen and I decide to head out and join up with a RK gang we know will be sweeping Geminate soon. On the way there we encounter an old ally who also found his way out of SA - Lyspaera.

His Drake, my Taranis and Ayalen's Sabre is out roaming solo until we can catch up with the main RK gang, when we stumble over this guy:

http://norwegianvikings.griefwatch.net/?p=details&kill=99

We decide he's likely bait as he has 30+ allies in local. We decide to engage anyway, as we are bored.

It would appear that our victim is in a state of panic - he primaries my Taranis, dropping his full rack of nos and neut on me, webbing me, pointing me, and sticking his heavy drones on me... and in 2 seconds my Taranis is dead in the water. Aya's bubbled him and Lys' is fiering away his missiles. My ship re-gain just enough cap to fire my 3 blasters once per sycle, and I'm able to slowly eat up one heavy drone after another as he does not retract them, does not exchange them for lights (did he have them with him?) despite the fact they can't hit an interceptor traveling at the awesome 0m/s...

What's worse, and what keeps our pulses going at max, is his allies in local, the fact we are all in our own bubble, and he keeps yelling for help in local non-stop. He tells them we are only 3, that we have an inty BC and dictor... that he's going down, but slowly, that he wants help... yeah, he must have repeated that one a dozen times.

In the middle of our... gank, a vexor warps in and lands on the edge of the bubble, we all assume ofc that, this was it.

The Vexor, fitted with T2 medium blasters, runs off to the gate and jumps. We laught ourselves silly. By this time the domi's down to no drones and no armour either, so I get a couple pot-shots to his hull. He never changed target, and died in a bubble, to be podded swiftly. his final words in local? "Thanks for the help guys, appreciated."

A Merlin landed on the edge of the bubble a couple seconds later, to die, and we stroll out of the system to go on a murder-trip through the region for the rest of the day.

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain
« Reply #13 on: 09 Aug 2010, 09:39 »

Failkessie showed up in the news: http://www.eveonline.com/mb2/news.asp?nid=4032

And not surprisingly, but amusingly, it appears they quit EVE.

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #14 on: 09 Aug 2010, 10:55 »

Wait, we were just discussing that kill in this thread.

Maybe they read it; no one would report something from 3 years ago.
Pages: [1] 2