Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Black Nova Corporation (BNC) and others still retain some offices in the Jovian Empire when it was opened during EVE's starter years?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Post your "funny EVE moment of the day"  (Read 3125 times)

Alexander Rykis

Re: Post your "funny EVE moment of the day"
« Reply #15 on: 09 Aug 2010, 14:45 »

Hmm...

So I'm sitting in Rens and I see a WTB contract for like 60,000 units of Toxic Waste for like 550m. So I go to the market and see that much would only cost like about 330m, so I get all excited. I purchase a 60,000 units of toxic waste and go to accept the contract... but it no longer exists. That motherfucker... now I'm stuck with 330m worth of toxic waste.

Then that *snip* offered to buy it all for 10m and I told him to *snip*.

[admin]Generally, even people who aren't part of the Backstage community fall to some extent under rule 3[/admin]
« Last Edit: 10 Aug 2010, 13:38 by Silver Night »

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain
« Reply #16 on: 09 Aug 2010, 14:55 »

...that is an excellent scam.

Alexander Rykis

« Reply #17 on: 09 Aug 2010, 17:12 »

Yes I was impressed

Vikarion

« Reply #18 on: 09 Aug 2010, 23:19 »

I'm not sure how "funny" this is, but I found it rather entertaining at the time.

So, I'm in Cal FW, a while back, and I'm working on a major plex in an arty cane. Val Erian, of course, being the killjoy that he is for us Cal plexers, decides to come bother me in a Dramiel. Of course, I might have provoked this, seeing as I'd warped into one of "his" plexs and promptly annihilated his alt's Griffin with a single volley.

Anyway, this Dramiel is a bit of a problem for me, seeing as I'm arty fit, and can't hit him worth beans, in addition to "forgetting" to bring a neut. Oops. So I'm busily swatting Gallente NPCs while Val buzzes around me trying to break a shield tank and taking pot-shots at my drones whenever I release them.

Now, I wasn't too worried about my shield tank, but it's only a matter of time before the rest of the FDU shows up, and I'm scrammed. Therefore, I called in Yuri Intaki in his hurricane, who, aside from being fit with ACs, had the good sense to bring a neut. Val bails for the moment. A few seconds later, local spikes with Val's alt and a few other Feddies. Soon, on the gate, we see a Nemesis, Claw, Dramiel, and Ishkur. Probably quite capable of taking out a couple of BCs, provided they pop the drones and orbit close.

Too bad, then, that by that time I was a good 60km or so from the warp-in point.

The first to arrive was the Nemesis. He barely had time to decelerate before a volley of 720mm shells deposited him in his pod. The Ishkur showed up next, with a similar result. Val Erian and the Claw pilot, for reasons I fail to understand, elected to respond to this by attempting to close with Yuri Intaki. Our drones promptly ate the neuted Dramiel for breakfast and then finished with a Claw for dessert.

They were not pleased.

To this day, I hope to repeat that encounter. The expressions derived from annihilating a 20 million ISK frigate in a volley or two are, honestly, priceless. But what I've never understood is why Val would lead a group of frigates into a situation like that, seeing as he'd just lost a frigate the exact same way 15 minutes before.

I suppose we all have our off days.

Zag

« Reply #19 on: 10 Aug 2010, 00:43 »

But what I've never understood is why Val would lead a group of frigates into a situation like that, seeing as he'd just lost a frigate the exact same way 15 minutes before.

I suppose we all have our off days.

FDU plexing efforts were generally ad-hoc affairs based on escalating engagements around plexes. Co-ordinated fleet efforts generally only materialized when FDU/MDP would roll in for a bunker bust.

So yeah, there was usually a degree of 'fog of war' in regards to plex fights.

My hilarious incident was when I was high-sec raiding and popped an AFK STPRO Bustard in Nonni full of ferrogel. I got my favourite hatemail of all time from that where I was told by the poor chap, "I hope you crap out hedgehogs, get cancer of the anus and die"

So I petitioned the mail for RL threats and a few days later got an angry mail from a new char about how it was my fault that his accounts got banned.

I laughed.  :D

I also enjoyed the 24IC Bestower that I popped in Amarr and out dropped six Ferox BPO's and a cargohold full of Tech2 and Meta4 Medium and Large lazors.  :lol:

Vikarion

« Reply #20 on: 10 Aug 2010, 00:54 »

Heh, that reminds me of this one FDU pilot, Juren Coda or something. Anyway, the guy was a fantastic smack-talker and all around jerk.

So I'm doing a(nother) plex in Harroule, and this guy shows up in a Taranis, with friends. Naturally, I warp out, as he has friends and I have a Hawk. The timer sticks (I still don't know why or how it would sometimes do that) and keeps counting down. He promptly goes off on how I'm an exploiter and how he's petitioning me and I'm going to get banned and yada yada.

Meanwhile, I'm fuming in station as chatgris and friends wait outside. Eventually, they give up, and Juren remains orbiting the button. I undock in my favorite arty cane and warp to the plex. Juren is still orbiting there, undoubtedly feeling quite safe from an auto-cane at 67 km.

*POP*

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #21 on: 11 Aug 2010, 07:25 »

was a mission, "recon" it's called.
Anyway, it involved getting to an acceleration gate, which I was doing in a shuttle. I activate the gate, and the npcs score a lucky hit, zapping the shuttle.

I see the "ship is out of control" message, and appear in a capsule, at the gate.
The about to explode shuttle however, is nowhere to be seen. o.0

checking directional scan shows a "louella dougan's amarr shuttle wreck", somewhere off grid.
Come back in a new ship, get through the gate, the wreck of the shuttle isn't on that side either. It is somewhere else.

Which means an unpiloted exploding ship warped somewhere and exploded mid-warp. 0.o
\o/

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #22 on: 11 Aug 2010, 09:30 »

was a mission, "recon" it's called.
Anyway, it involved getting to an acceleration gate, which I was doing in a shuttle. I activate the gate, and the npcs score a lucky hit, zapping the shuttle.

I see the "ship is out of control" message, and appear in a capsule, at the gate.
The about to explode shuttle however, is nowhere to be seen. o.0

checking directional scan shows a "louella dougan's amarr shuttle wreck", somewhere off grid.
Come back in a new ship, get through the gate, the wreck of the shuttle isn't on that side either. It is somewhere else.

Which means an unpiloted exploding ship warped somewhere and exploded mid-warp. 0.o

Lol.
Pages: 1 [2]