Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The 1st Praetorian Guard is an Amarrian Imperial Navy-affiliated Special Operations unit? Read more here

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Double IGS Post Removal  (Read 5165 times)

Nauplius

• Clonejack
Double IGS Post Removal
« on: 05 Jan 2018, 06:47 »

CCP deleted without comment both my "Fanfic Publishing Citadel" post and the "Achurans Given Over to Destruction" post.  The former is a little silly and I can do without; the latter is in line with what I've been doing for four years and means the end of my ability to RP as such.

Unsubbed, although I'll be lingering around a while yet.

Mizhir

• Egger
  • Vherocool
Re: Double IGS Post Removal
« Reply #1 on: 05 Jan 2018, 07:25 »

This kinda indicates that there are new mods on the IGS (possibly due to Falcon getting other tasks thus no longer having time for it) which sucks. While my character absolutely hated your char ic, I loved what you did so it's sad to see it gone.

Just another example of why butchering the community team is a horrible idea. GG CCP you really fucked up.

Lunarisse Aspenstar

• Egger
« Reply #2 on: 05 Jan 2018, 07:48 »

:bash:

*sighs*

CCP really screwed the pooch this time.

I'll say it again, my chars may hate you icly, but I've loved the rp you've provided. 

Umm.. suggestion.. maybe it's time for people to start  using the IC portion of backstage?

(P.S. did you save the posts? We were all having fun with the lost matari tribe of achurans yesterday in RP.... it was hilarious)

« Last Edit: 05 Jan 2018, 08:03 by Lunarisse Aspenstar »

Edios

• Clonejack
« Reply #3 on: 05 Jan 2018, 08:00 »

*A wild Edios appears*

I don't say much but maybe us (mostly you all. I'm just kinda a pawn) could first before boycotting CCP website ect could get together and poke CCP as a group kindly about this stuff and how the changes they have been making are going to continue to effect the RP Community. While my group is far from heavy RP we do love it.
Oh hey first time posting on backstage :3
Naulp come play other games with us :3

Utari Onzo

« Reply #4 on: 05 Jan 2018, 08:02 »

The forums could at times reach a level of toxicity (which also can spill out into OOC) which really warranted moderation that just wasn’t there. There’s conflict rp, then there’s just forum keyboard spamming nasty sludge. However, this seems to be a case of ‘what you wished for’ where perhaps moderation has flipped a little too far to the other side of things and stifling justified conflict RP. I’m afraid you all need to expect more of that as either the forum moderation culture changes or any new alleged mods find their feet with the community.

Jev North

• Egger
« Reply #5 on: 05 Jan 2018, 08:02 »

That's slightly disappointing.. who're the new mods, and why didn't they figure this was appropriate? Does anybody have a line into CCP they could (gently) give a few tugs?
Pinocchio forces another handful of flesh into his tiny wooden mouth. "You are what you eat," he sobs. "You are what you eat."

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #6 on: 05 Jan 2018, 08:13 »

This annoys me to a point I have made a post on the Lore Discussion part of the forum. I know it's against the rules to question moderation, but this feels like an entirely unfair blow to the RP community. https://forums.eveonline.com/t/complaint-regarding-potential-over-moderation-of-the-igs-in-character-forum/49301

Aradina

• Behold.
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #7 on: 05 Jan 2018, 08:14 »

In case it gets deleted before people can read it.

"@CCP_Falcon

I am directing this to yourself, Falcon, because I honestly have no other way I know of to contact you regarding specific moderation of Nauplius’ recent posts to the IGS forum.

He has been a staunch creator of RP content for a while now. As far as we ( those involved in the RP) are concerned, nothing has been done that’s out of the ordinary for his character.

By deleting the posts, the moderators have removed RP content that is currently in progress and sparked the person behind Nauplius to leave the game, which is a shame because he has provided a rather delightful villain over the past years.

With RP already in a rocky state, I would like to formally state that I feel this is unacceptable. We, the community, would like to be advised as why this has happened. I think we are owed this much.

Respectfully,

Lasairiona Raske"
I exist sometimes.

Lunarisse Aspenstar

• Egger
« Reply #8 on: 05 Jan 2018, 08:21 »

I liked and replied in support. I encourage others to do the same as long as the post lasts.

Tannia Ambrye

• Clonejack
  • You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
« Reply #9 on: 05 Jan 2018, 08:30 »

Nauplius,

I was surprised to find your thread deleted from the forums. At first I thought I was blocked for some reason, but then I saw Lasa's post. This is really annoying and I don't blame you for being upset. It was a really interesting development and now it's no more. It sort of makes me hesitant to try and start anything that might deviate from what CCP deems acceptable, because the standard seems arbitrarily random.

Here's hoping that the CCP mods get their collective shit together and you come back some day.

Utari Onzo

« Reply #10 on: 05 Jan 2018, 08:36 »

Tannia, this direction is pretty damn new if there is one and this is what bodes for the future. I think it’s early, however, to presume CCP have concluded on a direction or what is acceptable RP till we see what pans out. For better or worse, forum RP up to this piint has been almost anything goes.

Aradina

• Behold.
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #11 on: 05 Jan 2018, 08:41 »

The post is back it seems. Any word from CCP?

edit: https://twitter.com/CCP_Falcon/status/949289539591393281

« Last Edit: 05 Jan 2018, 08:43 by Aradina »
I exist sometimes.

CCP_Falcon

• Clonejack
« Reply #12 on: 05 Jan 2018, 08:43 »

CCP deleted without comment both my "Fanfic Publishing Citadel" post and the "Achurans Given Over to Destruction" post.  The former is a little silly and I can do without; the latter is in line with what I've been doing for four years and means the end of my ability to RP as such.

Unsubbed, although I'll be lingering around a while yet.

This was pointed out to me on twitter, and I realized I'd screwed up  :)

I hit the button on our admin panel to delete the whole thread rather than a post within it. Entirely my fault. The thread has been restored on the IGS  ;)

Aradina

• Behold.
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #13 on: 05 Jan 2018, 08:46 »

But we all got so worked up and ready to rebel. Now what do we do?
I exist sometimes.

CCP_Falcon

• Clonejack
« Reply #14 on: 05 Jan 2018, 08:49 »

But we all got so worked up and ready to rebel. Now what do we do?

I don't know, hug eachother or something.

:psyccp:

Pages: [1] 2 3