Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that Frentix exists in a diluted version called Frenetix?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: RIP - Captain's Quarters  (Read 14550 times)

Lunarisse Aspenstar

• Egger
RIP - Captain's Quarters
« on: 12 Jul 2017, 08:45 »

Whether you Love them, hate them, hope they'll lead to WIS - Captain Quarters will be no more!

https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/preparing-for-the-future-retirement-of-captains-quarters-twitch-integration/

Nissui

Re: RIP - Captain's Quarters
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jul 2017, 13:16 »

Well, I won't miss it, chiefly because it has remained a solitary experience all this time. The inclusion of the graphs in the article seems disingenuous since falling use could just as easily be attributed to continued developer neglect, rather than player disinterest.

Anyway, getting a 64-bit client in the bargain seems like a trade up to me. They weren't going to give us avatar interaction in the first place, and now the game should, in the future, run more efficiently.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jul 2017, 14:54 »

-OOChé

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #3 on: 12 Jul 2017, 17:16 »

I typically did all my RPing from the CQ, since being character on the character instead of the ship helped make me feel more immersed in it.

Meh. Oh well. Reasons are understandable. But CCP please try a new WiS at some point. Please.

Utari Onzo

« Reply #4 on: 12 Jul 2017, 19:14 »

I'd like WiS, but I'll admit to not really being immersed in the CQ. I'm too used to forum RP and MUD clients to want distractions from my writing.

Still, corp meetings in a 'physical' boardroom would be dope.

Alex Hinkelmann

• Clonejack
« Reply #5 on: 13 Jul 2017, 10:04 »

Imagine the money they'd make from furniture. $60 chair coming right up.
I-RED Executor

Utari Onzo

« Reply #6 on: 13 Jul 2017, 11:04 »

New table from SPAIKIA: 5600 plex
New chairs from Caldari Furniture Homestores: 2300 plex
Getting it all nicked by a Director level mole: priceless

There's some things plex can buy, for everything else there's griefing

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #7 on: 13 Jul 2017, 19:24 »

Alas, poor WiS. I hardly use you.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Ché Biko

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: 15 Jul 2017, 11:22 »

So...this thing has stirred up some stuff inside me, mostly because I read an article linked in the forum discussion thread about the death of the WoD MMO and the consequences for White Wolf. I've always known it was bad...but this bad...
 :(
I don't think I feel comfortable financially supporting a company that ruins things I love, for what for years has mostly been a fancy looking RP chat client for me. The reason I've stayed with the game is you people, so I feel like I should be paying you instead of  CCP.
I don't know what this will mean for Ché's future yet. But as the 8-ball says: outlook not so good.
-OOChé

Alex Hinkelmann

• Clonejack
« Reply #9 on: 15 Jul 2017, 13:31 »

With all of CCP's failures and shortcomings, they're still a good company run by real people (and god knows how much we mess up). CCP risks a lot by trying to break barriers other companies wouldn't think of going near.

That is something I respect, and that is the reason why I'll be with eve until they shut down the servers.
I-RED Executor

Ché Biko

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: 16 Jul 2017, 07:41 »

The thing is... I sort of feel like CCP has changed a bit, also in the barrier breaking department. In some ways, this is good and understandable, but in some ways I feel like they have become too cautious, too fearful, at least when it comes to ambulation. Since losing the pre-Incarna hubris, PCU has plateaued and then declined, I wonder if there is some correlation.

I'm sort of hoping some people can convince me this article is pretty biased. Or that things have changed.

I know it's a bit silly, but I feel wronged and abandoned by CCP, and I have lost just about all hope that they'll do anything to make it up to me any time soon, or even any time soon™.
-OOChé

Alex Hinkelmann

• Clonejack
« Reply #11 on: 16 Jul 2017, 13:04 »

To each their own. But I'd say that many of CCP's issues come from the community of players who use their entitlement as a consumer to push the company around (by basically crying and flailing like a toddler).

Their fear, and caution is a problem we've helped create. And PCU will always decline, eve is a MMO, and we've been very lucky to have this game for such a long time.

Edit: I want to clarify Che, I'm not saying you were one of these people throwing a fit. Just speaking about some elements of the louder part of the community as a whole.
« Last Edit: 16 Jul 2017, 14:04 by Alex Hinkelmann »
I-RED Executor

Sakura Nihil

• Egger
  • Glory
« Reply #12 on: 16 Jul 2017, 21:40 »

Its worth pointing out, if you feel that way Che, just switch to an alpha clone.  No paying CCP, and you get to keep the glorified chat client that is EVE.

My 2 ISK.

Ché Biko

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: 29 Aug 2017, 14:47 »

Somebody put some polls up on the still growing ambulation/WiS/Incarna/CQ threadnaught #ILostCount:
https://forums.eveonline.com/t/devblog-preparing-for-the-future-retirement-of-captain-s-quarters-twitch-integration/9940/806
-OOChé

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #14 on: 16 Sep 2017, 12:29 »

Che has it exactly right re: CCP's lack of breaking barriers and risk averse water treading for years.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7