Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Quafe is so popular it once prevented a war? Read more in the Chron

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Regarding Playstyles  (Read 6318 times)

Mizhir

• Egger
  • Vherocool
Re: Regarding Playstyles
« Reply #15 on: 06 May 2017, 09:19 »

Please don't call people out and turn this into a shit talk back and forth. Not cool. That's not why I made this topic. If you want to do that, please do it in another thread.
Agreed

Teinyhr

• Wetgraver
« Reply #16 on: 06 May 2017, 12:09 »

I think this "haha we made someone quit the game lol" attitude response is one big divider of people. I find that pretty distasteful.

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #17 on: 06 May 2017, 12:11 »

Beware the ego.

Killboards shouldn't matter when dealing with another player, but they do to a select few. It shouldn't matter that someone had gained thousands of kills from F1 monkeying. It is better to simply ignore arguments on the IGS that try to gain relevancy by stating "Your threat is irrelevant because I have a 97% efficiency in killing people."

RP with people who are more concerned about the story then a narrative. So find those people, and have fun with them.
« Last Edit: 06 May 2017, 12:13 by John Revenent »

Kasuko

• Wetgraver
  • Impunetrable
« Reply #18 on: 06 May 2017, 12:21 »

I think this "haha we made someone quit the game lol" attitude response is one big divider of people. I find that pretty distasteful.

Would you mind providing an example of this?

Teinyhr

• Wetgraver
« Reply #19 on: 06 May 2017, 12:26 »

Jev, Aradina and DeadRow on previous page? That's what it looked like to me. And yeah like OP asked I really rather this didn't devolve in to shittalking back and forth, I don't particularly want to start shit, just made me furrow my eyebrows each one of those posts.
« Last Edit: 06 May 2017, 12:29 by Teinyhr »

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #20 on: 06 May 2017, 12:29 »

Jev, Aradina and DeadRow on previous page?

I know you're just a garbage posting alt, but did you actually read the posts you're citing here?

Mizhir

• Egger
  • Vherocool
« Reply #21 on: 06 May 2017, 12:31 »

Jev, Aradina and DeadRow on previous page?

I know you're just a garbage posting alt, but did you actually read the posts you're citing here?

And here we have a 2nd example of a response that can be quite a divider.

Teinyhr

• Wetgraver
« Reply #22 on: 06 May 2017, 12:35 »

Screw it, I accept full responsibility for poor wording and I'll piss off from the thread. Not worth it. Someone wants to continue, start another thread.

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #23 on: 06 May 2017, 12:38 »

Jev, Aradina and DeadRow on previous page? That's what it looked like to me. And yeah like OP asked I really rather this didn't devolve in to shittalking back and forth, I don't particularly want to start shit, just made me furrow my eyebrows each one of those posts.

I have never done anything in this game with the intention for someone to leave the game. But if someone does end up leaving over a such a small loss. I'm not losing sleep over it.

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #24 on: 06 May 2017, 12:38 »

Some people get really annoyed at being logic'd or rhetoric'd into a corner by someone, so they lash out by accusing the other of "being irrelevant in space", if they don't have as lengthy a killboard.

evidence for this abounds: see the numerous complaints by people about various blood raider themed roleplayers not being "real" sani sabik, on account of not having a lengthy killboard record.

it's a bit of goalposts with microwarpdrives, i guess  :ugh:
\o/

Julianni Avala

• The Mods
  • Egger
« Reply #25 on: 06 May 2017, 12:56 »

I regret opening this thread and will be asking for it to be locked, considering the remarks that have been made. They have opened my eyes more to the problems this community faces. And not in a good way.

Thank you to those providing responses that are relevant to the thread. It helps to get a perspective from long time players.
Blog
*Recently updated 3-02-2019*

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #26 on: 06 May 2017, 13:17 »

I regret opening this thread and will be asking for it to be locked, considering the remarks that have been made. They have opened my eyes more to the problems this community faces. And not in a good way.

Thank you to those providing responses that are relevant to the thread. It helps to get a perspective from long time players.

I really am sorry this thread has been derailed much like the other. Players have a lot of unnecessary bad blood and or misconceptions about our group and we tend to close ranks pretty quickly when that surfaces.

For my last comments before this gets locked. A lot of people say they see this 'Killboards much be green to be relevant in rp' line, I honestly don't see it. One or two characters might state it on the IGS, but that I would take that as IC Points of View. Not really seen it in OOC channels or forum discussions about things pilots do.

I, personally, feel that if someone does something space to back up their RP then it adds a lot more depth to their RP. But they must realise that things you put in space can be shot at and they must be willing to change their RP story if something happens. Having scripted RP has never really held too much hold over me, dynamic changes make for a lot more engaging roleplay.

-DR

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

Utari Onzo

« Reply #27 on: 06 May 2017, 13:41 »

[mod]A few people need to cool off. Backstage isn't the place to come be passive aggressive. You got a problem with each other sort it in your own time, not mine. This thread is locked.[/mod]

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #28 on: 06 May 2017, 21:00 »

[admin]First, I want to make clear that the original post itself was fine. Unfortunately the discussion was then derailed into back and forth about a specific in-game conflict. This is against the rules. I would like to link the Rules and the FAQ here. We have had a fairly tame year or so in moderation on Backstage, so I know for a lot of people a refresher might be welcome as we (and the moderation team is very happy about this) haven't had the frequent examples we used to have. If you haven't read them before, I strongly urge you to do so now. I will quote some of the relevant bits below, though.[/admin]

Rule 3 and 3b:

Rule 3: Respect other users of Backstage@EVE-Inspiracy.com. Do not make attacks, either in the forums or through Private Messages. Challenging ideas is fine, but do not attack individuals or groups. Racist, ageist, sexist (including the use of 'rape' or 'raped' as a synonym for 'defeat' or 'defeated' and similar inappropriate uses), homophobic (including the use of "gay" as a pejorative) and other slurs are prohibited. Ad hominem attacks are prohibited. Challenging ideas is fine, but do not attack individuals or groups.

Rule 3b: If you see or are targeted by a post that violates these rules, click the report button () located at the bottom right corner of the post; do not respond in kind!

From the FAQ, emphasis mine:

Culture:
This forum is an OOC place for EVE roleplayers to discuss the game and roleplaying. It is a place to exchange ideas and share information. It is a place for positive, polite debate. It is a place for discussion, not arguments.

It is a place for civil and courteous conversation. It is not a place for flamewars, bullying, point-scoring or other asshattery. (The Mods reserve the right to define 'asshattery' as behaviour not in line with the forum's purpose). It is not a place for people to show how 'wrong' others are. It is not a place for the ventilation of personal vendettas. It is not a place for insults, either veiled or explicit. It is not a place for telling other people they are 'doing it wrong". It is not a place to carry on In Character feuds.

You are here as the player, not the as the character. We expect that, regardless of the personality of your character, you will behave as an adult and respect the other members of this community.

Racist, sexist and homophobic remarks will not be tolerated. Ad hominem attacks will not be tolerated.

Communication takes two: please consider the feelings of others here both in what you say and in how you interpret what others say. Please bear in mind that if someone doesn't seem to get your point, the fault may be as much in your writing as their reading, and try phrasing your opinion more clearly.

Q: But they ARE wrong! On the internet!
A: Disagreeing with you doesn't make them wrong. Sometimes people do make errors of fact, but its possible to point that out without asshattery. For example, if Joe Bloggs says that Fedos are kept by the Amarr to hunt down escaped slaves, you might say: "I got a different impression from here." and link to the EVO Chron. Also, remember how big the EVE Cluster is. Someone has a different approach to something that the PF is silent on? Think about the difference between Fiji and Siberia, and how many cultures there are on this one planet. Now multiply that by every planet in every system in every constellation in every ... you get the picture.

Q: How can I tell if my post is out of line or not?
A: It's a safe bet that if you finish typing and think to yourself: "Hah! I showed HIM!" you should probably not post. Other danger signs: personal attacks on the player, including the player's style of RP (i.e. "of course you think that, you RP an Amarr"), insinuations that anyone who disagrees with you is a moron.

Q: What do I do if someone posts something that's out of line and I can show how wrong they are?
A: DO NOT RESPOND TO FLAMES OR TROLLS. Report the post to the staff by clicking the report button () at the bottom right corner of the post, close the thread and leave it alone. We ask everybody to help in keeping the culture here courteous, and that means not responding to people trying to draw others into pointless flamefests.
Pages: 1 [2]