Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Re-Awakened Technologies Inc is a Minmatar Republic loyalist corporation? Read more here

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: On Villore  (Read 5610 times)

Tressith_Sefira

Re: On Villore
« Reply #15 on: 26 Oct 2016, 11:35 »

"Libertopolis  does seem to unfortunately be it's name, lol (and looking in game does not confirm planet name cannons or nicknames, as pointed out). And the link provided is most of what I know as well...  If the capital was named once, I haven't come across it, either I don't think. I know I never did get through everything that was/is available though.

The presidential seat also has another branch in lowsec, Ladister.

"Something something Ladister?" "

-My friend Aedre Lafisques

Veiki

• Egger
« Reply #16 on: 26 Oct 2016, 12:28 »

So much freedom, all in one city.

It's like the U.S renaming Washington D.C to Freedom City of Liberty and having a pair of bald eagle statues clutching desert eagles towering over the drive into it.
« Last Edit: 26 Oct 2016, 12:37 by Gesakaarin »

Xepharious

• Egger
  • Building a home, one word at a time
    • What is you Origin Story?
« Reply #17 on: 26 Oct 2016, 12:46 »

It's like the U.S renaming Washington D.C to Freedom City of Liberty and having a pair of bald eagle statues clutching desert eagles towering over the drive into it.

Perhaps the name itself was meant as a weapon against Caldari/Amarr. I can just imagine some Amarr lord trying to keep from dry-heaving while trying to utter the name.
Xepharious
ALEXYLVA PARADOX | Sub-Coordinator | Recruiter
alexylva.webnode.com
What's your Origin Story?
http://www.alexylva-paradox.com/origin-tldr/

Aradina

• Behold.
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #18 on: 26 Oct 2016, 14:18 »

Perhaps the name itself was meant as a weapon against Caldari/Amarr. I can just imagine some Amarr lord trying to keep from dry-heaving while trying to utter the name.

Giggling. You mean giggling.
I exist sometimes.

Persephone Alleile

• Probe Operator
  • Clonejack
« Reply #19 on: 26 Oct 2016, 14:50 »

I know a good cafe on Freedom Avenue in the Equality district of Libertopolis. Fair trade only of course.

Tressith_Sefira

« Reply #20 on: 26 Oct 2016, 16:17 »

"I saw there were some questions about the Fed capitals?

We have four for the record

One symbolic, and then one for each branch of the government.

Libertopolis on Villore IV is the symbolic capital

Ladistier is the Executive capital

Villore is the Legislative capital

Parts is the Judicial capital"

-My friend Xun Yu
« Last Edit: 26 Oct 2016, 17:37 by Tressith_Sefira »

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #21 on: 27 Oct 2016, 02:32 »

I know a good cafe on Freedom Avenue in the Equality district of Libertopolis. Fair trade only of course.

This is a joke, isn't it? Or you are actually serious?

So, we are going to pen Libertopolis down as the name of the capital city and the Villore IV itself, aren't we?
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Xepharious

• Egger
  • Building a home, one word at a time
    • What is you Origin Story?
« Reply #22 on: 27 Oct 2016, 06:32 »

Giggling. You mean giggling.

Whoh.... I didn't even know Aradina was on here!?  Epic first post.  8)
Xepharious
ALEXYLVA PARADOX | Sub-Coordinator | Recruiter
alexylva.webnode.com
What's your Origin Story?
http://www.alexylva-paradox.com/origin-tldr/

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #23 on: 27 Oct 2016, 10:33 »

Egalopolis (from "Egalite", french for equality).

Persephone Alleile

• Probe Operator
  • Clonejack
« Reply #24 on: 27 Oct 2016, 11:09 »

Is there also a Fraternopolis?

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #25 on: 27 Oct 2016, 11:23 »

Is there also a Fraternopolis?
I misread this as Farternopolis and was about to comment that that is another name for Villore "because politicians" but then I read it again and went :|
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #26 on: 27 Oct 2016, 18:26 »

"I saw there were some questions about the Fed capitals?

We have four for the record

One symbolic, and then one for each branch of the government.

Libertopolis on Villore IV is the symbolic capital

Ladistier is the Executive capital

Villore is the Legislative capital

Parts is the Judicial capital"

-My friend Xun Yu
Taking "separation of powers" serious literal, huh?

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #27 on: 27 Oct 2016, 21:48 »

I really wasn't going to write about high-stakes political action, but hey, still something good to know about.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #28 on: 27 Oct 2016, 23:19 »

Story's going to take place in the city centre, featuring a Minmatar diner, and the slums or the Old Town district or whatever passes for it, in an abandoned automotive or semiconductor factory or warehouse or somesuch.

I was thinking about this earlier, and relating to my own experience of working for local government...

There are probably a lot of facilities on Villore that will be owned by a government department, that have been lost in paperwork shuffling, such that higher levels of management are no longer aware that they own that particular facility.

Especially when there's departmental reorganisation.

So, it'd be possible there'd be a warehouse or a vehicle maintenance workshop or something, where the staff as well have been lost in paperwork shuffling, officially they were to be re-assigned, but somehow nobody told them that. They still turn up to work at the vehicle workshop, but there's nothing to actually do, since the vehicles are now going for maintenance to a different facility, except sit around and play cards or some such, but hey, they're still getting paid, because the payroll system recognises their attendance, so they're not going to rock the boat by asking questions.
\o/

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #29 on: 28 Oct 2016, 01:03 »

Story's going to take place in the city centre, featuring a Minmatar diner, and the slums or the Old Town district or whatever passes for it, in an abandoned automotive or semiconductor factory or warehouse or somesuch.

I was thinking about this earlier, and relating to my own experience of working for local government...

There are probably a lot of facilities on Villore that will be owned by a government department, that have been lost in paperwork shuffling, such that higher levels of management are no longer aware that they own that particular facility.

Especially when there's departmental reorganisation.

So, it'd be possible there'd be a warehouse or a vehicle maintenance workshop or something, where the staff as well have been lost in paperwork shuffling, officially they were to be re-assigned, but somehow nobody told them that. They still turn up to work at the vehicle workshop, but there's nothing to actually do, since the vehicles are now going for maintenance to a different facility, except sit around and play cards or some such, but hey, they're still getting paid, because the payroll system recognises their attendance, so they're not going to rock the boat by asking questions.
Sounds like I can use this apparent activity as cover for illegal activity. If they are willing to get their free salary they won't snitch on the other guy using the facility for illegal purposes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3