Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That "Perfection ain't all it's cracked up to be" is an Angel Cartel saying? (Region Description)

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Purity of the Throne [P-THR] - Join the Movement  (Read 6553 times)

Ilan Ardishapur

• Clonejack
Re: Purity of the Throne [P-THR] - Join the Movement
« Reply #15 on: 26 Sep 2016, 11:44 »

I seen! Expect the wrath of our three, week old tormentors! :)

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #16 on: 27 Sep 2016, 02:11 »

Would you like a dec from the PIE-men? They can be obliging that way especially if they know you'll make it mutual and save them on dec costs.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Quin Mansa

« Reply #17 on: 28 Sep 2016, 09:06 »

Okay, admittedly, it was an oversight on my part to not have considered the timezone factor.  :oops:  :D

Ilan Ardishapur

• Clonejack
« Reply #18 on: 28 Sep 2016, 17:43 »

I can make wars mutual so long as they make sense ICly. Send me a mail in game if that is something you want to do.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #19 on: 02 Oct 2016, 10:16 »

I can make wars mutual so long as they make sense ICly. Send me a mail in game if that is something you want to do.

I'd suggest that you PM one of the PIE here and work things out OOC first.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Ilan Ardishapur

• Clonejack
« Reply #20 on: 30 Dec 2016, 16:38 »

Purists Unite! The movement will never cease until the pretender is removed. Join today.

Casserina Leshrac

• Clonejack
  • Causing Trouble As Best I Can!
« Reply #21 on: 04 Feb 2017, 14:10 »

I have two questions. Is the loyalties of this movement aligned along the traditional lines of succession. For example would the Khanid be considered such a Royal House even though they have technically have no heir (save Khanid II).

The second question is also how does this movement feel about the revelation that Jamyl I was a capsuleer and a clone?

It seems that these two issues may affects the movement's philosophy.

Utari Onzo

« Reply #22 on: 04 Feb 2017, 14:29 »

I'm unaware of Jamyl being a clone is publically 'confirmed' in an IC sense. All the Heirs, however, are Capsuleers so that one is a moot point. (All the Heirs are given the implants to use pod controlled ships, but the transneural burner is deactivated to abide by the sacred flesh doctrine.)

In terms of succession, they are explicitly focused on only having pure blooded True Amarr Heir families be in contention for the Throne. I haven't seen anything that swings them for or against the Khanid family, but I suspect they might look dimly on a 'traitor' family.

Ilan Ardishapur

• Clonejack
« Reply #23 on: 06 Feb 2017, 11:15 »

A lot of people seem to assume they know Jayml was a clone, though I personally have not seen any IC news announcements claiming it. That said all members of this Purity movement are clones themselves, they view themselves as martyrs having forsaken their souls by becoming capsuleers to ensure victory.

Khanid is not a legitimate heir to the throne in this movements eyes, only a true Amarr holds claim over the imperial throne.

Ashley

• Wetgraver
« Reply #24 on: 06 Feb 2017, 13:08 »

Imo that could depend and vary from character to character on how much traditionalist/unionist the character is. Khanid family does indeed have royal ancestry, it's Khanid II who f'ed things up not the family itself. About Jamil it is an assumption and that is that for people IC, also quite a rebellious and dangerous one. (probably disrespectful too 'cause she is a dead and probably was canonized)

PS not so sure about canonization part, so could be wrong there. I think some of the devs said something of that manner, but mb I just misunderstood it.

Ilan Ardishapur

• Clonejack
« Reply #25 on: 06 Feb 2017, 14:16 »

I suspect the movement in all its forms has differing views on the legitimacy of the Khanid line. This movement (P-THR) under the guidance of Ilan Ardishapur views them in poor light, being more of a entrenched traditionalist. That of course may change depending on the views of others that join the movement.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #26 on: 06 Feb 2017, 14:44 »

As far as Jamyl is concerned, all it takes is common sense to deduce that she was a clone. She died. In full view of witnesses - her capsule self-destructed. And then she came back. You basically have to be willfully deluding yourself (or believing "alternative facts," lol) to believe she was not a clone.

Claiming otherwise only serves to suit the purpose of toeing the party line within the Empire. She's still as dead as a can of spam at this point, regardless.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Ilan Ardishapur

• Clonejack
« Reply #27 on: 06 Feb 2017, 14:48 »

People like Ilan are indeed the type to willfully delude themselves. I'm sure many within the Empire do as well.

Ashley

• Wetgraver
« Reply #28 on: 06 Feb 2017, 20:45 »

As far as Jamyl is concerned, all it takes is common sense to deduce that she was a clone. She died. In full view of witnesses - her capsule self-destructed. And then she came back. You basically have to be willfully deluding yourself (or believing "alternative facts," lol) to believe she was not a clone.

Claiming otherwise only serves to suit the purpose of toeing the party line within the Empire. She's still as dead as a can of spam at this point, regardless.
Well, yeah it is Empire.

It is wilful ignorance for the most part or farseeing pragmatism, I would imagine citizens aren't thrilled to talk about that their hero Empress who saved them from minmatar invasion was a soulless heretic. Pomik probably helped the more talkative types to understand that it is safer and more productive to accept that it was a Will of God or something in that manner. If amarr can't accept that it was a Will of God, divine providence or whatever, then their faith is not absolute that in turn makes them a lousy faithful. So no gates of paradise for them.

And that's completely eluding the fact that Empire is an authoritarian state, where if you make to big of a waves you will find yourself on a bus with a one way ticket to Diemnon and your family will get tickets for the next such educational trip. xD

Also, common sense and deduction are good, but not a lot of people can claim that they were "holding the candle" when and where cloning happened. That make it an assumption, a sensible and reasonable one, but still just an assumption.

Utari Onzo

« Reply #29 on: 08 Feb 2017, 14:17 »

Just to remind everyone here that the original point on Jamyl's cloning was on its IC 'relevation' which implies a solid IC confirmation, where there hasn't been, and the Puritan's stance on that. Discussions on the extent of how far one can reasonably and logically deduce she was a clone might be better placed in a separate thread from this recruitment one.
Pages: 1 [2] 3