Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Julianus Soter first stated his intention to liberate Federation space on December 4th, Year 111? See the announcement here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Dark Souls 3  (Read 9849 times)

Utari Onzo

Re: Dark Souls 3
« Reply #30 on: 12 Apr 2016, 14:38 »

Keyboard controls are a bit eh though. I'll sort out a controller this weekend, should maybe make it more doable to beat this boss compared to the 30 mins I had spare with a crappy space bar.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #31 on: 12 Apr 2016, 15:08 »

Keyboard controls are a bit eh though. I'll sort out a controller this weekend, should maybe make it more doable to beat this boss compared to the 30 mins I had spare with a crappy space bar.

"Mistake," maybe, would be starting out Deprived. (It's the "expert player" class-- something you can make into anything but that starts with nothing.)

Thief, thus far, has been piles of fun. ... Though, as per usual, I switched from daggers to the first katana I found and haven't looked back since.

... okay, maybe once or twice, but not often.

Currently trying to help groups kill a certain very weird hidden (I think) boss.

Loving the character customization options, including the option to basically make a Hollow and the option to make your irises various forms of supernatural-weird. Also loving that most of the nationalities listed for character backgrounds (ethnicity) are the ones from the first game.

'Parently you've been dead for a while.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #32 on: 12 Apr 2016, 15:16 »

Or this takes place between DS I and DS II?

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #33 on: 12 Apr 2016, 16:50 »

Doubtful. I've already seen a Mirrah shield and seen a loading item desc for Farram armor.

(Although the conspicuous return to Lordran is interesting, considering that, while it seemed to be the same place, there was hardly a trace of it in II.)

Edit:

Also, turns out Lucatiel's greatsword is available this time as a boss soul weapon. That's pretty conclusive to my eye.
« Last Edit: 12 Apr 2016, 23:08 by Aria Jenneth »

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #34 on: 13 Apr 2016, 04:05 »

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Jekaterine

• Like the wind
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
  • Wandering the halls of Chatsubo
« Reply #35 on: 13 Apr 2016, 08:44 »

Clerics are good! I always start cleric. Miracles are nice.

I need to miracle up some skill tbh.
Quote from: Ciarente the beatific, patron saint of moderators big and small
ban ban ban

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #36 on: 13 Apr 2016, 15:53 »

I'm going to fight Lady Maria tonight. Once I get her armor and become a master of the Rakuyo I'll start thinking about getting DS 3. You guys enjoy until then!

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #37 on: 13 Apr 2016, 16:19 »

I'm going to fight Lady Maria tonight. Once I get her armor and become a master of the Rakuyo I'll start thinking about getting DS 3. You guys enjoy until then!

Oh, that's where you are.

Gaaahahaha. Lady Maria's the least of your worries (but a delightful boss fight) if you're aiming for the Rakuyo.

Say "hi" to Sharkey the Friendly Shark (but Not Too Friendly) for me. Then kill him hard, if you can. He's an asshole. So's his friend.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #38 on: 13 Apr 2016, 16:21 »

We'll see about that!

Also I just learned I can cosplay Ornstein in DS3 again.

I'm sold.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #39 on: 13 Apr 2016, 21:50 »

I played the game yesterday for 3 hours as Northern Warrior and something felt...off.

It's not that there's anything wrong with the Northern Warrior. Sure, he can't dex worth a damn so I have to pull using throwing knives, but his strength is pretty nice, he hits hard, he shouts quite a bit then hits harder and very early on I can get my hands on that Deep Battleaxe which is pretty useful until I guess somewhere further down the game (because Deep weapons don't scale).

Perhaps the issue is that I'm not playing like a douche-nugget. I should perhaps start an Assassin character and see if backstabbing people left and right and stabbing people from the front over and over as fast as possible will do it for me.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Utari Onzo

« Reply #40 on: 13 Apr 2016, 23:54 »

Ok, proper impressions time now I finnnnally beat the first boss.

The game makes me think more about the old Resident Evil series or maybe even Dino Crisis, just without the obvious puzzles (I guess the enemies are the puzzles) and with swords and shields rather then pistols and shotguns.

I like this, it's definatly reminding me of the better days of console gaming I've enjoyed. That said, yeah it's hard and I'm only able to dedicate about 30 minute bursts to it so I'm not getting far that fast. I'll persist though coz it seems alright so far.

Side note, I rerolled for a knight. I may just go back to cleric now I've got the hang of beating the first boss atleast.

[spoiler]The katana wielding dude near the firelink shrine and knights later on are still an issue I need to crack. God I'm bad at console games[/spoiler]

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #41 on: 14 Apr 2016, 10:53 »

So I have decided to fight Lady Maria with the utmost honor (she is, after all, half the reason I took all the effort to play Bloodborne) and use no visceral attacks on her. A noble duel to the best of our abilities, me with the threaded cane and her with her whirling blades of blood, fire and death. Also her 6'6" model strut. God damn it's hot when she slowly walks towards me so she can tear my face off.

About 15 attempts in and things feel like fighting Artorias all over again. It's great.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #42 on: 14 Apr 2016, 12:19 »

So I have decided to fight Lady Maria with the utmost honor (she is, after all, half the reason I took all the effort to play Bloodborne) and use no visceral attacks on her. A noble duel to the best of our abilities, me with the threaded cane and her with her whirling blades of blood, fire and death. Also her 6'6" model strut. God damn it's hot when she slowly walks towards me so she can tear my face off.

About 15 attempts in and things feel like fighting Artorias all over again. It's great.

Lady Maria is possibly my favorite boss fight ever. I fought her on NG++ with an SL 100 character.

If you haven't yet seen phase 3, though ...

Eeeeeee.

By the way, I wouldn't hold back on the viscerals if I were you (I assure you she'll show you no such courtesy), and she only remotely "plays fair" during the first phase. A solo match, one on one, I can see as honorable. Avoiding viscerals during phase 3?

[spoiler]When she is surrounding herself in swirls of lethal blood and then setting it on fire?[/spoiler]

... well. Good luck, hunter.

(To be clear, Lady Maria is difficult and awesome. The goddamn weresharks are just difficult.)

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #43 on: 14 Apr 2016, 12:30 »

I've gotten her to phase 3 twice so far so I know it's possible. It took me forever to beat Artorias with the limitations I set for myself (full Ornstein setup, captain of Gwyn's Knights putting down the rogue one) and I have no doubts that I will do it with Maria. I'm thinking of recording and uploading it when I do. It is like a beautiful dance when you get it right. :D

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #44 on: 14 Apr 2016, 18:30 »

I've gotten her to phase 3 twice so far so I know it's possible. It took me forever to beat Artorias with the limitations I set for myself (full Ornstein setup, captain of Gwyn's Knights putting down the rogue one) and I have no doubts that I will do it with Maria. I'm thinking of recording and uploading it when I do. It is like a beautiful dance when you get it right. :D

True, that.

If you haven't already gone to introduce yourself to Yharnam's namesake, though, I suspect a few Cursed Tier 6 Blood Gems will make your life substantially easier.

Just reached the Boreal Valley, myself. I think I prefer the view from the far shore even to Anor Londo, which is saying something. I might be able to go faster, except I'm going shieldless for the time being.

Aaaand, naturally there's a guardian beast that minces me repeatedly. DS3 likes its minibosses (some of which are not actually all that mini).
« Last Edit: 14 Apr 2016, 20:08 by Aria Jenneth »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5