Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That PIE capsuleers do not only supply their comrades with spiced wine, but also with dark, maltey ale and fine brandy from their planetside holdings?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Backstage Lore Wiki @ Eve-Inspiracy.com  (Read 22016 times)

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
Backstage Lore Wiki @ Eve-Inspiracy.com
« on: 26 Feb 2016, 23:29 »

The Backstage Lore Wiki @ Eve-Inspiracy.com is now active.

As Morwen and Silver promised on Slack, we will be hosting this wiki to house all of the community's player-created content as well as providing an easy-to-access place to find CCP's PF for at least as long as it takes for them to migrate it to its new location.
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2016, 02:47 by Havohej »

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
Re: Backstage Lore Wiki @ Eve-Inspiracy.com
« Reply #1 on: 27 Feb 2016, 02:53 »

can you log into it with your backstage account ?
\o/

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #2 on: 27 Feb 2016, 03:09 »

No.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #3 on: 27 Feb 2016, 03:23 »

No.

ok. lol.

Seems to have teh same problem as the pie wiki thing. A lot of the images, even on the player-made ones, are missing.
\o/

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #4 on: 27 Feb 2016, 03:35 »

No.

ok. lol.

Seems to have teh same problem as the pie wiki thing. A lot of the images, even on the player-made ones, are missing.
That's because one does not simply export images.  Far as I can tell, they have to be downloaded one-by-one from Evelopedia and uploaded one-by-one to the new Wiki.

Also, their presence in the imported pages (that is, the presence of the links to the non-existent image files) creates an exception that makes uploading files a slight pain in the ass.  If you upload a file and it doesn't seem to display correctly, the file IS on the server, but a team member will have to go and delete the ghost of the file created when the page was imported.

It's a fault of MediaWiki (which is also the frame CCP built their wiki on).  Work in progress vOv

Twitter

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #5 on: 27 Feb 2016, 09:48 »

I think its possible to find the 'ghost' file and upload the image there. Let me test that once I finish registering and get back to you.

EDIT: Yes, if you click the red link, it will take you to a page that lets you upload. If you have the original image with the same name, it will throw up an error saying the file already exists, your file description will not be displayed and will need to be manually edited. But if you scroll to the bottom, there's a button that says 'ignore error and save anyway' just click that and away you go.
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2016, 09:54 by Saede Riordan »
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #6 on: 27 Feb 2016, 10:19 »

Aye, that works.  Text pages, though, throw a Fatal Exception error.  Example: http://wiki.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?title=Yetamo_(Chronicle)

If you try to simply paste the contents of the Chronicle into the ghost page there, it'll throw an FE Error about how Revision #0 does not exist.  It's basically saying it can't accept an edit to the page, because it doesn't have anything to show in the History tab.  I spent several hours trying to find a workaround that doesn't require deleting the ghost and re-creating the page from scratch, but I came up empty.  And unfortunately, I don't feel safe leaving the ability to delete pages in the hands of the general public because... you know... it's Eve.

Twitter

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #7 on: 28 Feb 2016, 06:56 »

Here is what we need from you folks:  If you have content there, you will need to re-upload your images as these were not a part of the data dump from CCP.  If you do not have the images anymore, you've got until DT to download them from Evelopedia before CCP pulls the plug on it.  If the page(s) you created have links pointing to Official CCP pages on Evelopedia, they will point to those same pages on Backstage Lore Wiki.  I have imported quite a bit of Official lore after Silver and I reviewed CCP hf's copyright guidelines - *but I have no way of knowing if I missed some important thing*.   So I need you folks to check your own content on BSLW, make sure your links aren't broken, and if they are, then send me a PM on Tweetfleet Slack, or here, or even an ingame mail to Havohej, and *let me know*.  I will attempt to import any such pages before Evelopedia goes bye-bye, but I can't promise anything.

Pass this about, make sure any potentially effected nerds get the message.

Twitter

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #8 on: 29 Feb 2016, 21:04 »

Are you linking this to the existing backstage logins, or do we need to make new accounts just for the wiki?  I ask because I'm getting this trying to login to the wiki:

Login error
There is no user by the name "Mitara Newelle".
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #9 on: 29 Feb 2016, 21:27 »

Currently separate accounts - I'll be looking at integration if possible later in the week.  As long as it doesn't require commandline access, it should be doable, but the trick is finding a bridge that works with both the MediaWiki version and the SMF version we're using.

Twitter

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #10 on: 06 Mar 2016, 15:23 »

:cowbell: :cup: :cube:
-OOChé

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #11 on: 07 Mar 2016, 10:35 »

If anyone finds a CCP lore page from evelopedia that didn't make the jump over to backstage, you can still recover it from google's page cache.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Ché Biko

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: 28 Jun 2016, 08:00 »

Currently separate accounts - I'll be looking at integration if possible later in the week.  As long as it doesn't require commandline access, it should be doable, but the trick is finding a bridge that works with both the MediaWiki version and the SMF version we're using.
How are things looking concerning this? I've finally gotten an itch to do some work (although mostly on my personal works) but I was unable to log in using my existing backstage account.
Also, I'll leave this here as well:
I was checking out our copy of the wiki, but some things appear to be missing, like 'Demographics of the Gallente Federation'.
-OOChé

Ché Biko

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: 25 Jul 2016, 09:04 »

Also missing article: Interceptors (Lore)
-OOChé

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #14 on: 19 Dec 2018, 16:37 »

http://wiki.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?title=Drupar_Maak page is protected and incorrect.

Ezzara IV should be Arzad II
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"
Pages: [1] 2