Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That crews from destroyed capsuleer ships make up a substantial part of Blood Raider harvests? (The Burning Life, p. 59)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Stellaris (or: why has this thread not been made yet - II?)  (Read 7847 times)

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran

Space cockroaches rule!

Sakura Nihil

• Egger
  • Glory

Doing my first playthrough as the Caldari State, because why not?

Early in the game, ran into Earth circa World War II, and started enlightening them all because I needed pops to colonize continental worlds (whereas my Caldari are arctic lovers by contrast).  Went well, to date I've beaten and diplo-annexed one other empire, and have been playing the long game by doing a strong colonization and expansion push before everyone gobbles up all the territory.

I'm now at the pont where I've got my fleets prepped and ready to launch from systems including Jita, Ikuchi, and Korsiki, and am about to start a major interstellar war against a 4-empire federation to claim a good chunk of territory before someone else beats me to the punch.  I just wish my tech was better, but that's the downside to being a large empire...

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

Xenophile Human confederation, going to try and befriend/ally everyone I can and 'liberate' into like-minded small empires and vassalize the rest.

Made some alliances, but one annoying alliance member is keeping us from federation-ing and letting in some other quality people ;(

Having alliances makes wars stupidly easy; just have a few friends and when someone tries to war you or you want to take something they all dogpile on them, suddenly thousands of ships hit them from all directions. I don't bother too much with planetary assaults or any of that business. Just set the war goals you want, use your fleets to beat them in space and let your ally AI make and send the ground troops and handle it all. Easy Peasy.

Also having the right dice-rolls on counter technology makes fleet fights a complete horrorshow for your enemy.  I have an 'evil' next door neighbor that owns about a third of the galaxy with 'overwhelming' force against me, and it turns out they went the wrong way with tech compared to mine, and they are getting roflstomped.

One of my vassal fleets had and even 9k vs 9k fight with them and got 100% obliterated without killing anything, I showed up with about 40k or so and I don't even think I lost a ship.

Large chain-lightning battleships and battleships with nothing but L/M torpedoes it was a goddamn massacre. 

I also have flying space squids for strike craft, they 'swim' around my carriers which is really, really neat.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/

most of my neighbours are xenophobic isolationists, so they're content to not communicate with me at all.

The exception is a xenophobic molluscoid race, with whom I've fought several wars.

They don't exactly make friends. As far as I can tell, right now, they're at war with everyone, except the fallen empires.

Initially their navy was considered superior in capacity, power, and technology. However, due to them not committing their full force, due to being at war against everyone else, we won the first wars, liberating some of their planets into an independent state.

The last war, a bunch of allies also liberated some of the planets, into a different independent state.

Now, the mollusc navy is considered inferior in capacity, pathetic in power, albeit still superior in technology.
\o/

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran

Perhaps the most time devouring game ive ever played.  And that says a lot.

Really any game that allows me to grow Xenomorphs and drop them on my enemies planets is aces in my book. I like how small ships have uses even end game.  The technology is neat.  The politics is fun-ish.  The alliances and diplomacy make for interesting bed fellows.    Currently watching The Unbidden eat my entire galaxy because the xenophobic religious fools whos borders they first appeared within wont let me fight them. 

Whatever you do, stay the f*** away from xenophobic fallen empires. 
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Persephone Alleile

• Probe Operator
  • Clonejack

My current Stellaris game has taken a rough turn.

My fascist spider-person empire (The Web) took over maybe 40% of the galaxy through a policy of constant war and robotic expansion when, in the middle of a fairly costly war, the Prethoryn Swarm showed up. They landed in the Thrall Lands sector (the vast swathe of conquered worlds under the Web's banner) and quickly started the purging. Within a couple of month they had taken a huge chunk out of my empire while my fleets were regrouping.

I had large armies based on some planets to quell revolts and they have managed to hold fast for now, so there are some islands of resistance. I also managed to hold them at one system for a while where my weakened 30k strength fleets and 5 fortresses and 2 starbases managed to destroy a couple of their fleets but they just kep coming and overwhelmed me. Now they are bombing my home planet and I'm not sure I have the heart to play the game to it's conclusion.

I feel like I finally have the tech to beat them but my core planets are falling fast and I don't think I can produce ships fast enough :-/

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.

That's what makes it a crisis!

Persephone Alleile

• Probe Operator
  • Clonejack

That's what makes it a crisis!

Yeah . . . I'm just a sore loser! :P
Pages: 1 2 [3]