Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Intaki who supported Caldari independence from the Federation were first exiled from the Federation, and then attacked by Caldari radicals demanding the expulsion of all foreigners? For more, read here.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Stellaris (or: why has this thread not been made yet - II?)  (Read 7851 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

!!!

that looks beautiful!!

Thank you so much for posting this

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette

I'm keeping an eye on it. I got sucked into Europa Universalis and I imagine the gameplay will be similarly complex. Maybe by the time Stellaris comes out I will have completed a full game of EU4.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

It's not turn based.  Much sadness.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/

completed a full game of EU4.

:lol:

Has anyone ever completed a full game of EU4 ?

If it's anything like Crusader Kings 2, then... I have nearly 600 hours played, and only completed it like twice, before a later expansion breaks save compatibility. lol.
\o/

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain

I'm forever getting 'pretty far into' a playthrough of CK2 or EU4 and then having Paradox release another expansion that means I need to start again from scratch.

I love it.

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran

Humanity as a whole should be ashamed that we're still waiting on a worthy heir to Master of Orion 2.
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Jev North

• Egger

Technically we're still owed a worthy successor of Master of Orion.
Pinocchio forces another handful of flesh into his tiny wooden mouth. "You are what you eat," he sobs. "You are what you eat."

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette

They are working on a new Master of Orion, it looks a lot more like 2 than 3 so I am hopeful. But yes, I have Stellaris watchlisted too :)
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

They are working on a new Master of Orion, it looks a lot more like 2 than 3 so I am hopeful. But yes, I have Stellaris watchlisted too :)

The IP was bought by wargaming.net, of worldoftanks infamy.  I like that model ok for my world of warships pew pew, I am highly skeptical of how their pay model will work for a strategy game :(

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

The IP was bought by wargaming.net, of worldoftanks infamy.  I like that model ok for my world of warships pew pew, I am highly skeptical of how their pay model will work for a strategy game :(

The phrase "cyka blyat hotdrop nyx" comes to mind for some reason.

Oh right, Wargaming. o\
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/

I'm forever getting 'pretty far into' a playthrough of CK2 or EU4 and then having Paradox release another expansion that means I need to start again from scratch.

the other day, I booted up steam, to find that it was downloading an update for Crusader Kings 2. I checked, and to my surprise, there was another expansion that had been released, which I had missed, as it was only announced at the beginning of January.

Needless to say, it probably will break my existing save games, both normal, and a warhammer world mod that I have.

lol.
\o/

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

Here's all the collected dev articles, some good stuff in here.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-developer-diary-archive.882950/

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

32-player multiplayer with hot-swapping AI, jump in, jump out functionality. 

So you can join in an ongoing game and take over for an AI, or leave a game temporarily and have an AI take over.

OR you can resume a multiplayer match from a saved game.  Say you and 31 of your friends play every weekend for a few hours for a grand campaign.

ERR MAH GER.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-23-multiplayer.911175/

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Pages: [1] 2 3