Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lai Dai Infinity Systems is a capsuleer partner of the Lai Dai Corporation? Read more here

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1334 times)

Teinyhr

• Wetgraver
Hello!
« on: 26 Nov 2015, 16:50 »

So, yes, hello. Some of you probably already know me from various OOC channels in the game itself, but I finally took the plunge and joined this forum also. I'm planning to get more active in-character but for that I feel I will need your help and will ask it in more appropriate threads.

But, a little about me. I've played EVE on this character on and off since 2006, and I've always been fascinated by this game's backstory, which by now I've even been there to witness at some points and of course seen it grow tremendously throughout the years. While roleplaying Teinyhr has been around almost from the beginning (I didn't think about her name very hard though...), I've never actually gotten in to "the scene", partly because it took me years to be able to decide on an origin story I liked and partly because I'm terribly afraid of making myself look foolish both OOC and IC. Guess you could call it a stage fright of sorts.

Anyway, you'll probably hear about that stuff ad nauseum in the future, so I'll finish this post up by answering few questions in the sticky;
What interests me about EVE and its RP? Well, I love to binge on information, particularly those of alternate realities, futures, fantasy worlds and such. I believe I've read through a lot of several specific project wikis by now, mostly from Sci-fi/fantasy genres, WH40k, Warcraft, Star Trek / Wars to name a few. So EVE is one more but by no means a lesser addition to the list, particularly because for this story I have for the most part, been there myself. All this information flood of course can't be good and I tend to more often than not get stuff mixed up I've read from other IP's with EVE's and vice versa.

So, to the point of RP. I was originally interested/attracted to the plight of the Minmatar, and that has not really changed, even if the in-universe situation has several times. Of particular interest is obviously in Vherokior/Minmatar RP. And I would like to know a lot more about them (along with other factions obviously), thankfully the lore team has lately dropped some Minmatar lore goodies on the official Eve Wiki, hopefully more will come in time. Oh, and without RP and watching it unfold around me I would have probably quit this game years ago. Storylines and personal interactions are what keep me interested in most games after I've done the same mission/raid/flashpoint/whathaveyou the thousandth of time.

And what got me in to EVE? Probably my love for sci-fi in general, and back in 2004-2006 there weren't too many MMO's with EVE's theme - I think I read about EVE in some local gaming magazine or something, and was like yeah, "I gotta try this." And rest is as they say, history.

So, 'sup all. Hopefully I didn't appear too much in love with myself in this post.
Also I tend to apologize and belittle myself a lot, sorry about that - i'm trying to change that.
« Last Edit: 26 Nov 2015, 17:22 by Teinyhr »

Deitra Vess

• Immature Quasi Terrorist Interceptor Pilot
  • Egger
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: 26 Nov 2015, 17:19 »

Welcome!

Vizage

• Egger
« Reply #2 on: 26 Nov 2015, 19:21 »

Welcome! I like your portrait!

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #3 on: 26 Nov 2015, 22:40 »

Not saying I'm claustrophobic, but did anyone else notice that it got a little bit Teinyhr in here?

... I should go. >_>
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Nissui

« Reply #4 on: 27 Nov 2015, 00:24 »

Yay! Glad you came around, welcome and hope you enjoy your stay.

:cup:

Teinyhr

• Wetgraver
« Reply #5 on: 27 Nov 2015, 09:19 »

Thank you for all the kind welcome!

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #6 on: 28 Nov 2015, 08:21 »