Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Evanda Char's voluval mark is the "Track of the Wolf"?

Author Topic: Just another noob...  (Read 1540 times)

Mementos Mori

• Clonejack
Just another noob...
« on: 30 Nov 2015, 13:18 »

Hello all,

Just another noob interested in the lore and start roleplaying...Now...which race to choose??

Deitra Vess

• Immature Quasi Terrorist Interceptor Pilot
  • Egger
Re: Just another noob...
« Reply #1 on: 30 Nov 2015, 13:49 »

Really whatever interests ya, the whole fighting religious zealots and tribe aspect were the things for me so I went minmatar, if ya like more cut throat business dealings or a more fight for independence style thing caldari, democratic, more western culture lifestyle, Gallante, religious zealots, Amarr. They all have branches off of them that are different, check the chronicles and such for more in-depth info. Also, Welcome!

Lt.Babylon

• Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 30 Nov 2015, 16:28 »

Hi and welcome.

Really whatever interests ya, the whole fighting religious zealots and tribe aspect were the things for me so I went minmatar, if ya like more cut throat business dealings or a more fight for independence style thing caldari, democratic, more western culture lifestyle, Gallante, religious zealots, Amarr. They all have branches off of them that are different, check the chronicles and such for more in-depth info. Also, Welcome!

Nice summary.

I would add Mark726's EVE Lore Guide: http://freebooted.blogspot.de/p/mark726s-eve-lore-guide.html Also a great start.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 30 Nov 2015, 19:35 »

keep in mind that although there are stereotypes for each "main" faction, there is no limit into what you really want to do.

An intaki cold-blooded assasin? yeah sure, born and raise in syndicate space
A non-slaver Amarrian? liberal holders often tend to see things in a practical light, why force people to work when you can obtain better results with other methods?
Caldari that hates the state? sure thing, born on creches along the fed/state border, she later escaped to live on the promise of the free land in Sinq laison....

Choose a faction / race that suits you, and that provides a meaningful character for you, but don't corner yourself into a difficult position, RPing a living evolving character is very much like real life, it comes and goes with the flow.

Mementos Mori

• Clonejack
« Reply #4 on: 01 Dec 2015, 16:29 »

Thanks guys. I went Amarr.

Teinyhr

• Wetgraver
« Reply #5 on: 01 Dec 2015, 17:15 »

Hello and welcome!

Lunarisse Aspenstar

• Egger