Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The number of young, idealistic scientists found in Verge Vendor is disproportionately high? (Region Description)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [Collaboration] The Minmatar Republic - changing attitudes  (Read 7505 times)

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK

The unique thing with circles is that they seem to be rather organic, chaotic moving entities, unlike rigid corps.

More structured than a club, less rigid than a corp.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor

Veiki

• Egger

I can pretty much describe my own issue with Minmatar RP by using a general analogy of left-right wing politics as regards power structures:

LEFT WING (MINMATAR)

* Power as defined by the Oppressor vs. Oppressed
* Heirarchies of power considered unjust or oppressive (In this case of ethnic identity politics vis-a-vis the Amarr especially)

RIGHT WING (AMARR)

* Power as defined by Civilization vs. Barbarism
* Heirarchies of power are seen as justified (In this case via religion)

What turns me off about Minmatar RP is that it is quite literally the Social Justice Warrior faction of Eve as portrayed by the continuous framing of everything they do in some kind of moral narrative about the oppression of their ethnic identity expecting everyone else to check their privilege so that the Republic can exist as some kind of "safe zone" for Minmatar.

I've got better things to do than read politically correct tumblr moral crusading copy-paste in a politically incorrect video game.

Skyweir Kinnison

• Clonejack

Thanks everyone, for some really helpful and thought-provoking posts. I'm going to reflect on what has been said, and perhaps come back with a skeleton report upon which I can invite commentary.

Your efforts are much appreciated, thanks.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.

Yeah, Veik, I'm going to require citations on that one. I can't for the life of me remember having seen anything of the sort.

Lyn Farel

I don't see what's wrong with fighting for justice. What puts me off is arguing we shouldn't?

Veiki

• Egger

Yeah, Veik, I'm going to require citations on that one. I can't for the life of me remember having seen anything of the sort.

It's called a personal opinion and observation based on my own assertions made on an internet spaceship forum.

Not intended as an academic dissertation referencing a body of work.

Lyn Farel

Did you mean, the victimhood syndrome?

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.

It's called a personal opinion and observation based on my own assertions made on an internet spaceship forum.

Not intended as an academic dissertation referencing a body of work.

It's a rather extreme claim, so I think it's hardly out of bounds to ask for elaboration or examples.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting

Gotta agree with Mizhara.  I've never seen the SJW thing in the Minmatar faction.  I've never seen anything along the lines of "Leave poor Republic alone!"  It's "Let my people go!"

You seem to admit that it's just an opinion with nothing concrete to back it, though, so... whatever, I guess.  I have some pretty funny ideas myself about Gallente faction that I know are left-field and unsubstantiated because I cba to read Gallente PF.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Lyn Farel

I have actually seen the "leave us alone" countless times...

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting

I have actually seen the "leave us alone" countless times...
Then I invite you to point me to an example?

I could see it in the sense of the pro-Tribals not wanting Gallente interference in their system of governance, but beyond that I can't think of a single time the Republic in PF took that kind of stance.  More often it's "We're mad and we have this fleet of Naglfars", is the impression I've gotten since Midular's rule ended.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

More often it's "We're mad and we had this fleet of Naglfars", is the impression I've gotten since Midular's rule ended.
Fixed that for you, in bold.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lyn Farel

Wait.. I think there is a misunderstanding, Veik and I were merely speaking about what we often see in Minmatar RP, not PF...The same way I see a lot of annoying tropes done ICly by the Amarr, or other factions...

Of course PF can be guilty of that too, but the victimhood syndrome of the Minmatar isn't one of them yeah...

Utari Onzo

Wait.. I think there is a misunderstanding, Veik and I were merely speaking about what we often see in Minmatar RP, not PF...The same way I see a lot of annoying tropes done ICly by the Amarr, or other factions...

Of course PF can be guilty of that too, but the victimhood syndrome of the Minmatar isn't one of them yeah...

I think that might just be the error of those particular RPers. Maybe it's easier to play the perpetual victim then to try to play the gutsy up and coming New Nation as it deals with the scars of the past? Personally, I'd love to see more from the Matari bloc on the latter, as I'd like to think the Republic is actually a vibrant energetic place in the areas where money flows. It's slap dash maybe, everything with a sense of new, but I'm sure by god there's progress happening and it'd be fast.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4