Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The 1st Praetorian Guard is an Amarrian Imperial Navy-affiliated Special Operations unit? Read more here

Author Topic: Oh HELL no!  (Read 4073 times)

Sinjin Mokk

• Egger
  • One Kingdom, One King!
    • Dark Amarr
Oh HELL no!
« on: 29 Oct 2015, 08:51 »

I came across this on the FB group for EVE.

This does not bode well...

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
Re: Oh HELL no!
« Reply #1 on: 29 Oct 2015, 09:33 »

The usurper I see right now is a certain rude king. <.<

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 29 Oct 2015, 10:01 »

Looks like an overdramatic way of saying, "Heirs you don't support."

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 29 Oct 2015, 10:03 »

Going to be so rad/much RPs when the heirs don't suicide. +10 awesome imperial succession facwar  doubleplussgood

Sinjin Mokk

• Egger
  • One Kingdom, One King!
    • Dark Amarr
« Reply #4 on: 29 Oct 2015, 10:20 »

The usurper I see right now is a certain rude king. <.<

I think that might be it in a nutshell.

Usurpation "for the good of the Empire" was always a possibility for Khanid once Jamyl died. If they actually play that card....wow. We get angst by the bushel.

I've been saying that including Khanid in the Trials makes civil war a very real possibility...if CCP follows logical character and plot progression (*if).

So much room for speculation from one simple word.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #5 on: 29 Oct 2015, 10:47 »

I'm just seeing more and more indications that this arc will never end. Drifters, Jamyl, Jamyl popped, succession, succession trials, new Emperor, probably a lot more drama from the remaining houses or even civil war etc etc.

Meanwhile, zero zip and zilch for those who can't participate in internal Amarr politics. I honestly don't know how healthy this narrow focus from CCP really is.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #6 on: 29 Oct 2015, 15:06 »

Well before that it was Caldari Prime... We had nothing about Amarr for a long time period... So now, it's Amarr only...

Then I don't know, I hope Minmatar... And not in a stupid fashion, but well.

I would really like if they could just stop focusing on a single storyarc at a time, even if it means for all to get slower... They should include more factions, and make other factions react to what happens in the faction on which the focus is... It would feel a lot more realistic as well as make other factions still a part of it at times.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #7 on: 29 Oct 2015, 16:58 »

Wouldn't hurt to rotate between the factions a bit, no. Half and half internal stuff and reactions to external stuff, rotated between the four. Could become both interesting and in-depth world-building. Long story-arcs with just one or two at a time will leave the other factions lying fallow.

Gaven Lok ri

• Omelette
« Reply #8 on: 29 Oct 2015, 18:45 »

I can kill Khanid? Pretty please?

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: 29 Oct 2015, 20:12 »

I still don't understand how CCP - or anyone for the matter - can think that perpetual conflict at the uppermost level makes for good stories. 'Saving' the Empire by 'defending' it gets kind'a old and boring imho if you have to do it over and over again, especially if all the effort ends as it did last time when it was about defending Jamyl...

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #10 on: 29 Oct 2015, 20:54 »

I still don't understand how CCP - or anyone for the matter - can think that perpetual conflict at the uppermost level makes for good stories. 'Saving' the Empire by 'defending' it gets kind'a old and boring imho if you have to do it over and over again, especially if all the effort ends as it did last time when it was about defending Jamyl...

Why did you think I play the game like it were a Space Western?
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Gaven Lok ri

• Omelette
« Reply #11 on: 29 Oct 2015, 23:04 »

Well, Amarr needs to either have a lot of things start going right, or it should go into a quite extended perpetual conflict at high levels stage similar to something like the Roman Crisis of the Third Century.

Sinjin Mokk

• Egger
  • One Kingdom, One King!
    • Dark Amarr
« Reply #12 on: 30 Oct 2015, 17:18 »

Well, Amarr needs to either have a lot of things start going right, or it should go into a quite extended perpetual conflict at high levels stage similar to something like the Roman Crisis of the Third Century.

Well, if the use of the word "usurper" is any indication, you may just get your wish.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: 30 Oct 2015, 19:03 »

Well, if the use of the word "usurper" is any indication, you may just get your wish.

The problem with this is, that by right the Empire in EVE would then be ground to dust by outside forces. The Romans had only to face as a united power the Sassanids: The Amarr have the Minmatar Republic, the Gallente Federation - and they'd also loose most of the benefit to the Caldari State as well, so those would be well advised to take part in the grinding.

Gaven Lok ri

• Omelette
« Reply #14 on: 02 Nov 2015, 12:05 »

Amarr is big enough to withstand it's neighbors. I am not sure it is big enough to withstand that + drifters.