Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Many medical services are provided by AIs rather than human doctors?  More on AIMEDs here.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ignorant Question - Best heir option for the Federation?  (Read 5055 times)

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain

Just that, since i don't quite grasp all the religious and political views of all houses, what heir would be the best in the interest of the Federation?.

My character cannot compete in the trials, but it would be interesting to financially support those champions who will fight in the name of the heir who better suits the Federation interests.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
Re: Ignorant Question - Best heir option for the Federation?
« Reply #1 on: 24 Sep 2015, 14:26 »

depends to a large degree on what you think the federations interests are. Also depends on the strategy of the federation.

Maybe Tash-Murkon or Kador? But what do you hold to be the 'interests of the federation'?

Avio Yaken

• .________________________________________.
  • Egger
« Reply #2 on: 24 Sep 2015, 14:42 »

depends to a large degree on what you think the federations interests are. Also depends on the strategy of the federation.

Maybe Tash-Murkon or Kador? But what do you hold to be the 'interests of the federation'?
I guess he means a more liberal ruler?

And if thats the case then maybe not Kador as iirc Kador went and invaded a Gallente system? I'm pretty ignorant too...

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 24 Sep 2015, 15:08 »

IIRC Kador had quite the dramatic love affair with a Gallentewoman, so he might be partial to the Feds. Or extra, extra bitter.

;)

Avio Yaken

• .________________________________________.
  • Egger
« Reply #4 on: 24 Sep 2015, 15:17 »

My ISK is on Kor-azor having the best interests towards the federation as they seem to value peace over anything and are being more open about who they let in..valuing them based off their standings with either the state or Federation and of course the empire

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #5 on: 24 Sep 2015, 15:19 »

From the postings of the Stewards, Kador and Kor-Azor are openly accepting pilots from any bloodline if they are worthy.

Kor-Azor on the surface seems like the smart choice for the Fed, but if people can get over Uriam Kador's moronic little jaunt into Solitude then he might not be terrible either.

Not sure about Tash-Murkon.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Korona

• Friendly Neighborhood Cultist
  • Clonejack
« Reply #6 on: 24 Sep 2015, 16:10 »

It's worth looking up the histories of the heirs in question, but you should consider also not just how the new Emperor might treat foreign nations, but by how their election might cause unrest and weaken the Empire itself. There's no good option for the Fed here, but just varying degrees of bad.

Merimeth Sarum is right out as an option, as he is rather young, impetuous and very eager to both prove himself and break out of Jamyl's shadow. An Emperor Merimeth would be a champion of the Reclaiming and a very bad turn of diplomatic relations with the Fed.

Yonis Ardishapur is also patently not good for the Fed, being a highly-devout religious conservative. He is both intelligent and highly popular, and could easily bring the Empire into a new state of unity and strength that could be turned outward against the Empire's enemies, but his election would also cause friction with the newly re-integrated Khanid Kingdom.

With Articio Kor-Azor, he was closely allied with Jamyl's reign (even serving as Imperial Chancellor, the #2 spot in the Empire's hierarchy). He has a long history of carelessness, mental instability, sadism and violence. Most of it has been suppressed since his cleansing torture, but it's unlikely that it did much to help his sanity, despite what his public change of behavior suggests.

Catiz Tash-Murkhon is the least interested in warmongering, and most likely to encourage peaceful relations with the cluster at large. Her Udorian ancestry is a point of controversy among conservative Amarr, but she is the embodiment of what a progressive / liberal Amarrian Empire could be, but her family's extensive trading links and contracts with the State could be problematic for the Fed.

Uriam Kador, like Catiz, has had several progressive initiatives to modernize his realm, and could be well-disposed towards foreign powers. I don't know if anything ever actually came of Kador's personal invasion of Ratillose, or if it was just CCP derping, but it weakened his standing in the Empire and put him at odds with the Sarum.

Finally, there's Garkeh Khanid, a man so narcissistic that he became the only Heir in history at that point to defy millenia of tradition and choose his own life over his religious duty, and successfully rebelled against the Empire. Despite being brought back in "no harm, no foul", and given all his rights, status and privileges back, an election of Emperor Khanid would undoubtedly cause substantial internal turmoil within the Empire.

"EoM is an anagram of emo for a reason, dude."

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 24 Sep 2015, 16:12 »

When considering Catiz, people should remember she was one of the voices in favor of a renewed military reclaiming.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Kador Ouryon

• History's Greatest Meatshield
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #8 on: 24 Sep 2015, 17:24 »

I'd offer Kor Azor or Kador as the two most likely to be supported by Pro-Federation outside entities.

As I understand it the Tash-Murkon have a very close relationship with the Kingdom and State too and despite their more liberal policies don't actively direct their efforts toward democratic pursuits.

"We ripped up the ending and the rules...and cast aside destiny...leaving nothing for us but an endless cycle of death and rebirth. Which is all well and good, except... Well, what if I've made the wrong choice? I have faith that it wasn't.....but how am I supposed to know? I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me tell you my story.Let me tell you everything."
- [name redacted] Truest Adamance

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #9 on: 24 Sep 2015, 19:45 »

There's no good option for the Fed here, but just varying degrees of bad.

The above basically nails it, i don't want a heir who goes rampant on a new reclaiming campaign, nor one that shuts down all insterstellar trade.

A heir that might fit the federation interests might consider the following:

-trade to be the intelligent choice, but protectionist of the empire economy first
-liberal beliefs (as long as everyone believes in one true god, the rest is just details)
-less forced slavery, more about "servants" recognition and emancipation

and so on...

Kor-Azor sounds like an option...not sure if it fits what i'm trying to communicate.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #10 on: 25 Sep 2015, 06:37 »

Probably Kor-Azor...

Tash Murkon can be a bit of a loose cannon when it comes to what she declares... She can say one day that she is fully behind economic treaties and the likesand the following day that a reclaiming could be cool after all for the economy too...

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: 25 Sep 2015, 14:58 »

And then Aritcio decides that the Gallente are mistreating their population and need some good ol' Amarr Batman bashup... ?

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #12 on: 29 Sep 2015, 23:05 »

Best hair option for the Gallente? That pouffy pompadour looking do. Best hair, by far!

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #13 on: 30 Sep 2015, 03:15 »

Kor-Azor is the most diplomatic heir, and he even asks for his champion applicants to have high Gallente Federation standings.

Sinjin Mokk

• Egger
  • One Kingdom, One King!
    • Dark Amarr
« Reply #14 on: 30 Sep 2015, 19:07 »

The more progressive and liberal, the better.

Anyone but Khanid.

Khanid would be BAD for Fed relations. Very good for State relations, but he would take zero crap from Roden.

It would be a mutually bad relationship all around.
Pages: [1] 2