Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Frentix is a very powerful painkiller?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Tony G cleanup continues: Jamyl dead.  (Read 11173 times)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Re: Tony G cleanup continues: Jamyl dead.
« Reply #45 on: 27 Aug 2015, 09:50 »

I can't really see this being the end of her storyline.

To paraphrase/quote Falcon from the lore panel last sunday night... she's "dead as a can of spam" and is not coming back.

Well of course he'd say that. It would ruin all the surprise when she comes back controlled by the Other at the helm of a drifter armada.

And honestly, if that was really it for her, I'll be a bit disappointed in CCP. What about The Other? What about the fact that she's a capsuleer and already cloned herself once? I think it would be pretty cool if she came back in some description.

Can you just imagine the uproar if a new clone of hers surfaced a month from now in some lowsec pocket where she's quietly been gathering resources? That would make for some good RP.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #46 on: 27 Aug 2015, 09:52 »

I don't know why people still think that capitals are going to be a thing with Drifter incursions. CCP's already stated multiple times you aren't getting capitals through the acceleration gates.

You can cyno in caps to shoot at the Drifters roaming around outside of the sites (there's no cynojammer effect for Drifter incursions) but that's it.

I figured as much, but I'm maybe a little unclear on how many drifters are roaming around.

Or whether they'll form up to take out a priority target.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #47 on: 27 Aug 2015, 11:08 »

1 shiny ISK says that just like The Other piggybacked on her consciousness xfer during her first 'death', she piggybacked on the Other being xfered back to Drifter land.

So when the other or whatever drifter shenanigans gets to climax point, Jamyl will break into their consciousness at the last second and steer their deus ex machina plan into the ground.

que local chat Jamyl saying something majestic as drifter titan doomsdays drifter HQ or whatever

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #48 on: 27 Aug 2015, 11:10 »

I just want to give you all some tinfoil that the Drifter incursion happened in Nandeza, Silas' old HQ for low sec shittery :)

SHE BEEN BUSY YO.

Also +100 you khanid folks best get into that tournament and run that. Or pay the best solo pilots to.  KHANID MUST BE EMPEROR.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #49 on: 27 Aug 2015, 11:21 »

1 shiny ISK says that just like The Other piggybacked on her consciousness xfer during her first 'death', she piggybacked on the Other being xfered back to Drifter land.

So when the other or whatever drifter shenanigans gets to climax point, Jamyl will break into their consciousness at the last second and steer their deus ex machina plan into the ground.

que local chat Jamyl saying something majestic as drifter titan doomsdays drifter HQ or whatever

This would be so awesome.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #50 on: 27 Aug 2015, 12:40 »

That would be so rubbish...

Some have suggested though that the Other might have piggybacked on Matshi Raish when he scanned the empress ship...

Also, Jamyl coming back as a demented clone or anything sure would ruin her messianic/saint image.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #51 on: 27 Aug 2015, 12:49 »

Also, Jamyl coming back as a demented clone [FOR THE 2nd TIME] or anything sure would ruin her messianic/saint image.

fixed that for ya :P

Ashley

• Wetgraver
« Reply #52 on: 27 Aug 2015, 13:20 »

What is the sadest is that since 2005, I continue to see people surprised and hurt due to CCP railroading their events.They basically continue to trap people unaware of it again and again... and I keep seeing the same drama...

It has always been the case (minus very, very few exceptions and the only one that comes to mind right now is the Amarr Succession).
The funny part will be after Succession Trials, when people will finally think they had some meaningful impact on the story, but CCP will do their usual CCP thing. Some of the holders will refuse to commit shathol'syn, there will be no emperor, amarr will erupt in civil war and head of the houses won't even change.  :lol:

CCP, CCP never changes.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #53 on: 27 Aug 2015, 13:25 »

Also, Jamyl coming back as a demented clone [FOR THE 2nd TIME] or anything sure would ruin her messianic/saint image.

fixed that for ya :P

The Fallen Empress raises an army of drones from the distant corners of space...

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #54 on: 27 Aug 2015, 13:26 »

What is the sadest is that since 2005, I continue to see people surprised and hurt due to CCP railroading their events.They basically continue to trap people unaware of it again and again... and I keep seeing the same drama...

It has always been the case (minus very, very few exceptions and the only one that comes to mind right now is the Amarr Succession).
The funny part will be after Succession Trials, when people will finally think they had some meaningful impact on the story, but CCP will do their usual CCP thing. Some of the holders will refuse to commit shathol'syn, there will be no emperor, amarr will erupt in civil war and head of the houses won't even change.  :lol:

CCP, CCP never changes.

Makes sense for 'civil war' storylines.

I sure as hell know Khanid II isn't committing Shathol'syn for any of those scrubs :P

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #55 on: 27 Aug 2015, 14:58 »

Khanid probably won't even have a chance at competing in the trials.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #56 on: 27 Aug 2015, 16:02 »

I somehow, don't feel that CCP are going to do the whole Shathol'Syn thing again.

Look at how much detail has been put into the new characters of Merimeth Sarum and for the Minmatar, Acassa Midular. We know hardly anything about them.

Compare this to the vast amounts known about the existing Heirs.

If they do the Shathol'Syn thing, then most of them will be gone. And who is going to take their place ?

I feel quite uneasy about this.
\o/

Lyn Farel

« Reply #57 on: 28 Aug 2015, 01:47 »

Yes Louella, is they end up Shatol'Syn-ing them, they sure as hell will need to flesh out replacements... And I fear they will not do it due to team or time constraints... Like they didn't for Midular.

CCP, CCP never changes.

Oh, they did it a lot more subtle than that in the past... Doriam lasted 2 years and got assassinated since Jamyl was the planned choice and the result done by the players seemed to embarass them more than anything...

Or maybe they will do as you say, since now they press a button and it's awesome/epic.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #58 on: 28 Aug 2015, 04:10 »

I somehow, don't feel that CCP are going to do the whole Shathol'Syn thing again.

Look at how much detail has been put into the new characters of Merimeth Sarum and for the Minmatar, Acassa Midular. We know hardly anything about them.

Compare this to the vast amounts known about the existing Heirs.

If they do the Shathol'Syn thing, then most of them will be gone. And who is going to take their place ?

I feel quite uneasy about this.

I don't think that lack of fleshed-out characters will stop CCP from anything. But they won't stop from just plunging the Empire into a civil war either.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #59 on: 28 Aug 2015, 08:16 »

Civil war would be super fantastic, but I'm not sure how that would look in engine or with the background info?

There's a hard line between dynamic one-off game events and static npc game assets (region sovereignty, station ownership, characters, etc).

If they implement FacWar style changes across all of the region borders that could work perhaps? This is why I've always wanted sec status in systems to be a dynamic thing they can slider up or down for IC or player reasons.

It's also a huge, huge undertaking with hundreds of star systems and an enourmous backlog of lore to keep up to date if the slightest thing changes across the board.

IE super neat if 4 heirs commit suicide but I have sympathy for the Mercury crew that have to write 4 new bios and change all the references to the heirs :P

My bet is there will be a new emperor but the other heirs aren't going to go along with it for reasons (tm).

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5