Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the ISHAEKA Reports warned about the Sansha Nation Incursions possiblily occuring.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Tony G cleanup continues: Jamyl dead.  (Read 11078 times)

Lyn Farel

Re: Tony G cleanup continues: Jamyl dead.
« Reply #30 on: 25 Aug 2015, 12:35 »

What is the sadest is that since 2005, I continue to see people surprised and hurt due to CCP railroading their events.They basically continue to trap people unaware of it again and again... and I keep seeing the same drama...

It has always been the case (minus very, very few exceptions and the only one that comes to mind right now is the Amarr Succession).

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #31 on: 25 Aug 2015, 12:51 »

my prediction is that DRIFTER INVASION OF THRONE WORLDS SUCCESSFUL

constellation changes to Drifter sovereignty, Everyone dies. Stations destroyed.

Because

EPIC

The thing is things actually become epic (tm) when you have invested time and energy in getting there. The end of a single player RPG, the end of some eve sov war or campaign, etc.  It can be a natural consequence of cascading events over a length of time with winners and losers and a story to remember.

I don't mind big epic 'eve' epic sorts of stuff at all (yay pew pew npc fleets pew pew pew all the things) so long as it's the end of a larger story with high stakes and winners and losers

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #32 on: 25 Aug 2015, 12:57 »

my prediction is that DRIFTER INVASION OF THRONE WORLDS SUCCESSFUL

constellation changes to Drifter sovereignty, Everyone dies. Stations destroyed.

Because

EPIC

The thing is things actually become epic (tm) when you have invested time and energy in getting there. The end of a single player RPG, the end of some eve sov war or campaign, etc.  It can be a natural consequence of cascading events over a length of time with winners and losers and a story to remember.

I don't mind big epic 'eve' epic sorts of stuff at all (yay pew pew npc fleets pew pew pew all the things) so long as it's the end of a larger story with high stakes and winners and losers

It means one thing though.

If the Drifters take over the Throne Worlds, then it means that the Amarr RPers won EVE Rp.

Because, the likes of PIE never failed in their duty, were never beaten by the Minmatar, were always there when the Empire needed them.

And then the rules of the game were rewritten so that they lost.

The anti-Amarr Rpers don't get to brag about defeating the Empire, because they had sod all to do with it.

Total Amarr Victory.
\o/

Kador Ouryon

• History's Greatest Meatshield
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #33 on: 25 Aug 2015, 16:14 »

Remember when they had a huge hours long thing for the last titan they killed and everyone got involved?

Hell they even involved Dusters in a titanic....pardon the unintentional pun..... ground based conflict.
"We ripped up the ending and the rules...and cast aside destiny...leaving nothing for us but an endless cycle of death and rebirth. Which is all well and good, except... Well, what if I've made the wrong choice? I have faith that it wasn't.....but how am I supposed to know? I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me tell you my story.Let me tell you everything."
- [name redacted] Truest Adamance

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #34 on: 26 Aug 2015, 16:43 »

My $0.02 -

I knew Jamyl was probably going to die, that's why I took off work to be there.  I'm torn on how it was handled. 

I'm kind of glad there was absolutely zero-zipp-nada we could have done to prevent or change what happened so there is no way that Mit can feel that she somehow failed. If there had at least been a fight(even if predestined to lose), there would be serious IC sense of responsibility and who knows how some of us loyalists would react to that.  So, yeah, I guess thanks CCP for not making my toon commit seppuku?

On the crap side, it really was a blue baller that I know at least a few people made some pretty big concessions to be there for.  In hindsight, I would rather have my vacation day back, thank you very much.

Well, at least I can say I was there. Ugh.  Like I said, torn.
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #35 on: 26 Aug 2015, 17:51 »

I feel pretty guilty suggesting people skip work. I had honestly expected something a lot more to the event.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #36 on: 26 Aug 2015, 17:59 »

I'm waiting for Jamyl and Hilen to show back up under drifter control. Or even for Jamyl's clone to resurface and see her make her own plays on the side, even though she can't get back on the throne.

She was so obviously a capsuleer that I can't really see this being the end of her storyline. There's lots of crazy places for the story to go from here.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #37 on: 26 Aug 2015, 18:14 »

*so obviously a clone

Everyone already knew she was a capsuleer.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #38 on: 26 Aug 2015, 18:25 »

I can't really see this being the end of her storyline.

To paraphrase/quote Falcon from the lore panel last sunday night... she's "dead as a can of spam" and is not coming back.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #39 on: 26 Aug 2015, 18:35 »

What did you think about the things and the stuffs?

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #40 on: 26 Aug 2015, 18:54 »

What did you think about the things and the stuffs?

I dunno, I prefer stuff over things

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Lyn Farel

« Reply #41 on: 27 Aug 2015, 01:51 »

I feel pretty guilty suggesting people skip work. I had honestly expected something a lot more to the event.

It eventually took my day off too, but that's no big deal, it's just one day, and besides I had others things to take care of anyway.

Really, really not a big deal for me.

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #42 on: 27 Aug 2015, 03:34 »

It was a rather pathetic demise for someone of such importance. I guess it was CCP's last "fuck you" to TonyG or something.
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #43 on: 27 Aug 2015, 08:45 »

It was a rather pathetic demise for someone of such importance. I guess it was CCP's last "fuck you" to TonyG or something.

IC, Aria (not knowing about the Other) thinks it was an intentional insult to get the Amarr trying to fight the Drifters themselves without calling for aid.

OOC? I'll go for a combination shock and awe, epic drama intended to play on the expectation of a massive event, tech demo, and warning shot to those who might consider running Drifter incursions with supercaps.

Edit:

Also, I'm looking forward to the day a random AWOXer lands a supercap fleet in the middle of a Drifter incursion. I don't know  how effective it'll be in practice, but that will be a hi-lar-i-ous moment.
« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2015, 08:47 by Aria Jenneth »

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #44 on: 27 Aug 2015, 09:06 »

I don't know why people still think that capitals are going to be a thing with Drifter incursions. CCP's already stated multiple times you aren't getting capitals through the acceleration gates.

You can cyno in caps to shoot at the Drifters roaming around outside of the sites (there's no cynojammer effect for Drifter incursions) but that's it.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5