Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Frentix is a principle drug booster of Sansha's Nation?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Tony G cleanup continues: Jamyl dead.  (Read 11077 times)

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
Re: Tony G cleanup continues: Jamyl dead.
« Reply #60 on: 28 Aug 2015, 08:38 »

Don't worry, new bios will just look like those of Merimeth Sarum. ;P
Also, who thinks that it will have consequences gaming wise if they declare there's a civil war? I'm sure it works by just declaring it in some news articles. Also, don't mind updating background info, just declare 'the newest thing counts', maybe get another book out that brings everything 'up to date'. Better anyway to monetize background change then paying for it. If people make the mistake that EVElopedia and chronicles or the intros at character creation are up to date it's not CCP's fault. They're kind'a outdated since Source anyway.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #61 on: 28 Aug 2015, 08:46 »

Someday after they turn off the lights I need to talk to a lot of these employees about many things. 

It just seems like sometimes there are so many different cooks in the kitchen fighting over the direction of the game, the look and feel of the IP, and all the things.

After the Vampire game was canceled and the former employees started airing dirty laundry a lot of things made more sense for me; I'd love to get more of the story someday.  There's a lot of really talented artists and writers and programmers there who sometimes seem to be at odds with management.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #62 on: 29 Aug 2015, 02:11 »

It means one thing though.
If the Drifters take over the Throne Worlds, then it means that the Amarr RPers won EVE Rp.
Because, the likes of PIE never failed in their duty, were never beaten by the Minmatar, were always there when the Empire needed them.
And then the rules of the game were rewritten so that they lost.
The anti-Amarr Rpers don't get to brag about defeating the Empire, because they had sod all to do with it.
Total Amarr Victory.

I just had another thought about this, relating to these drifter incursions, and also to things I see on the IGS.

Drifter Incursions give out Amarr LP and only Amarr LP. Amarr LP will, inevitably, decline in value as a result.

This makes Faction Warfare as a source of Amarr LP, much less valuable, permanently.

Which makes the Faction Warfare farmers switch to other factions, permanently, instead of the usual switching which is generally a temporary thing, following saturation of the markets for the various faction goods. There's topics on the IGS about Amarr FW farming corporations leaving.

So, in future, in FW, Amarr will never again have the numbers it did in the past.

So, Drifter Incursions gamed FW in favour of Minmatar.

And once again, the Minmatar have been depicted in game mechanics and lore, as being unable to do anything without outside help.

Should the Minmatar now actually achieve 100% occupancy of the warzone, it'll be tainted by these facts. Diminishing the achievement of those who weren't in it to farm LP and isk.

And if the Minmatar don't get 100% occupancy, then it's "neener neener neener, you can't beat the Empire even with one hand tied behind our back", all over the IGS, forever.

:bash:
\o/

The Rook

• Watcher in the Void
  • Egger
    • FalconNET
« Reply #63 on: 29 Aug 2015, 02:44 »

Hello STPRO lp.

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #64 on: 29 Aug 2015, 16:30 »

It means one thing though.
If the Drifters take over the Throne Worlds, then it means that the Amarr RPers won EVE Rp.
Because, the likes of PIE never failed in their duty, were never beaten by the Minmatar, were always there when the Empire needed them.
And then the rules of the game were rewritten so that they lost.
The anti-Amarr Rpers don't get to brag about defeating the Empire, because they had sod all to do with it.
Total Amarr Victory.

I just had another thought about this, relating to these drifter incursions, and also to things I see on the IGS.

Drifter Incursions give out Amarr LP and only Amarr LP. Amarr LP will, inevitably, decline in value as a result.

This makes Faction Warfare as a source of Amarr LP, much less valuable, permanently.

Which makes the Faction Warfare farmers switch to other factions, permanently, instead of the usual switching which is generally a temporary thing, following saturation of the markets for the various faction goods. There's topics on the IGS about Amarr FW farming corporations leaving.

So, in future, in FW, Amarr will never again have the numbers it did in the past.

So, Drifter Incursions gamed FW in favour of Minmatar.

And once again, the Minmatar have been depicted in game mechanics and lore, as being unable to do anything without outside help.

Should the Minmatar now actually achieve 100% occupancy of the warzone, it'll be tainted by these facts. Diminishing the achievement of those who weren't in it to farm LP and isk.

And if the Minmatar don't get 100% occupancy, then it's "neener neener neener, you can't beat the Empire even with one hand tied behind our back", all over the IGS, forever.

:bash:

That acutally attracts me to the Amarr side of the conflict.
I never have done FW for the LP I just did it for the PVP I could care less about LP and trading it in to make  money. I always liked fighiting for the underdogs cause that means a target rich environment...sure it also means a higher chance of just getting blobbed to death but so be it.

I'd also imagine this will shift and eventually even out if/when the drifters reach out to touch the other empires.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #65 on: 01 Sep 2015, 12:57 »

Amusingly, Amarr has always been the smallest Militia, so this probably isn't going to have as much of an impact as you think. The Farming population in Amarr has also never reached quite the same heights as the other three, usually because Amarr control of the higher tiers has been very temporary over the years. Amarr is, and will continue to be, the second strongest pvp-centric militia after Gallente. I don't see a reduction in LP prices hurting this too badly, as almost nobody joins the Amarr to actually make money anyway.

They're there to fight.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #66 on: 01 Sep 2015, 15:04 »

All of this doomsaying about the devaluation of Amarr LP due to Drifter Incursions seems incredibly premature, shortsighted and, well... ridiculously pessimistic. The damn things were only up for a day before CCP took them down again because of server performance issues - I sincerely doubt anyone's actually seen an LP payout from them yet, and I don't remember hearing anything about how it works from Sisi either.

And even then, the only way it'll "devalue" LP in general is if you can convert it at 24th Imperial Crusade stations and there's a cost-effective way of getting LP out of the sites.

As it stands, you'd be better off grinding L4 missions for LP if you're not in FW already. Way better off - you're making up to 9-10k LP per mission, you get loot/salvage and sometimes tags, and you aren't losing multiple ships per site either.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]