Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The True Slaves are loyal, implant controlled slave troops of Sansha Kuvakei? Moar here.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Collaborative Worldbuilding: The Federation  (Read 6361 times)

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
Collaborative Worldbuilding: The Federation
« on: 03 Aug 2015, 20:33 »

Heya, all.

So, as some of you have probably seen, Aria's taking her kinda-sorta travel writing project to that most dreaded and sinister of places: The Gallente Federation. Aria's writing is her own, but what she experiences on the way is kinda not my domain. I'd like to do this as another collaborative world-building effort, especially since this place isn't Aria's home, and I, OOC, have been avoiding doing any deep research.

Intended destinations include but need not be limited to:

* Caille (and most places Caroline mentioned there)

* Gallente Prime (and most places Caroline mentioned there)

* Caldari Prime

* Intaki

* A Jin-Mei world or two

* At least one Achur monastery in the Federation

* A Raata (Federal Caldari) colony

* Several random locations

* Additional places Gallentean capsuleers might invite Aria

Tentative suggested structure:

We can do seriously major, public areas (The Crystal Boulevard, for example), the way we did Dam Torsad with the Amarr, as a forum piece that doesn't actually "happen" until it's finished. I'm thinking that would be a way to do The Crystal Boulevard, Caldari Prime, and maybe someplace on Intaki-- stuff that's important to large numbers of people. Other, smaller, more private environments might be the domain of the guide or a limited creative group. (I'm specifically interested in whether Aurora Morgan and Gwen Ikiryo would like to do the Achur monastery.)

What say you?
« Last Edit: 03 Aug 2015, 20:38 by Aria Jenneth »

Utari Onzo

Re: Collaborative Worldbuilding: The Federation
« Reply #1 on: 03 Aug 2015, 23:07 »

*mashes the join fleet button for Caldari Prime*

I like this concept especially after watching how the Dam Torsad one evolved, I think forums for the big places are definately the right way to go.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #2 on: 04 Aug 2015, 00:37 »

Depending on the timeframe of when this is expected to ~happen~ I may or may not be able to write some stuff up for the district of Caille that Morwen grew up in. AT is sucking up most of my time and I've been very unmotivated to do much of anything EVE related for months.

If I can find the energy I'll see if I can come up with something.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #3 on: 04 Aug 2015, 02:04 »

Unlike last time Lyn might come!

Especially since its a side of her i dont grt to write about often...

Gwen Ikiryo

• Omelette
« Reply #4 on: 04 Aug 2015, 03:07 »

(I'm specifically interested in whether Aurora Morgan and Gwen Ikiryo would like to do the Achur monastery.)

I'm not very active in the game at the moment, but I could log in to do that, since you asked specifically. I have some ideas I scribbled down on the topic from a while ago.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #5 on: 04 Aug 2015, 10:32 »

Quite good list, i could only suggest the following:

A mannar colony or city, its been told they are great fashion designers (and perhaps the mannar homeworld from orbit, its a wasteland, not pretty).

A Federal Minmatar city (just as you mention a Federal Caldari city/colony).

The Senate in Villore VII - Moon 6 - Senate Bureau.

And perhaps Tierijev system which has an odd background story of cooperation between the State and the Federation.

Sites that might be important, but not from a tourist perspective
Luminaire Caldari Monument - https://evetravel.wordpress.com/2013/03/24/caldari-monument/
Seyllin I shattered planet - https://evetravel.wordpress.com/2010/04/05/shattered-planets/
Impetus studio in Tolle - https://evetravel.wordpress.com/2011/03/13/impetus-studios/
Crielere Research Station - https://evetravel.wordpress.com/2011/06/17/crielere-project-2/

Have fun with the sightseeing.

Bataav

• Egger
    • Intaki Liberation Front
« Reply #6 on: 04 Aug 2015, 14:49 »

Intended destinations include but need not be limited to:

* Intaki

What say you?
I say that Saxon Hawke, founder of the ILF, created a number of articles to give some depth to the Viriette constellation in Placid  :)

He describes the colonies on the temperate planets, in each of the constellation's systems neighbouring Intaki itself - the first that were founded when the Intaki took to the stars, and that continue to flourish today.

They might offer alternative destinations, or places to stop on the way to, or from, Intaki Prime.
« Last Edit: 04 Aug 2015, 14:51 by Bataav »
#FreeIntaki | #IntakiPride

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #7 on: 04 Aug 2015, 21:17 »

I could provide some insights (from Ché's perspective, of course) into Caille, Gallente and Caldari Prime, and some random locations and the Gallente/Federation in general.
I prefer my RP realtime, but I suppose I can adapt. I could maybe use a few pointers when it comes to forum RP, though.
-OOChé

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: 05 Aug 2015, 08:55 »

Alright. So-- which areas are we thinking in terms of giving them the "Dam Torsad" treatment?

Areas that immediately come to mind: the "Primes," Intaki, Caille.

Maybe the Senate? (Getting Aria to visit there will take some mild persuading, as her instincts tell her there's no way they'd let her into a seat of power like that.)

I'm open to other suggestions. We can open planning threads for each site, once they're all decided.

Aria will be looking for suitable guides and/or companions for each site. For guides, she'd preferably people native to or very familiar with the location. This need not all be arranged in-game in advance, but I do reserve veto rights. As amusing as I find, say, Vaari, I'd rather he wasn't Aria's tour guide at the Federation Senate.

Notes on forum RP:

This tends to be slow moving compared to using channels in-game; a single scene may take days to play out. Since there's more space and time to plan, feel free to declare several actions at the same time unless it's likely that someone's going to try to prevent one of them. It's good to be a little bold and jump in; everybody faltering at the same time can be the death of this kind of project.

I prefer describing things in the present tense, as it adds immediacy to the scene.

Since this is a series of "tours," descriptions are going to be important. It's also important, when dealing with a canonical location, to try to get them "right." Hence the planning threads (which I WILL NOT be participating in or viewing unless I feel like I need to-- better if I'm playing the role of a proactive audience, here). Please feel free to get lavish with descriptions.

Unless something happens that would affect their order, these tours will occur in the order they finish in, at about the date of the final entry. This is important for organization, but poses some roleplay challenges. Fortunately, Aria tends to keep a stiff upper lip when she's absorbing information, so she's not likely to strongly show the effects of any tour while she's on another.

I am not assuming these tours to be an "everything goes as planned" series of events. People wanting to "mess with" Aria, her companions, or the location, are welcome to propose shenanigans in the planning threads. If people decide introducing X situation would be fun or a good idea, by all means go with it.

This whole business is kind of free-form. We can tinker with our approach if problems come up.
« Last Edit: 05 Aug 2015, 08:59 by Aria Jenneth »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #9 on: 05 Aug 2015, 14:16 »

For the senate i obvioisly dont know how it is in reality, and i dont know how it is in the us... Here the national assembly is a public place and everyone can attend if im not mistaken... Of course that would not be the case for the executive and ministries.

I believe it could fit the public and mass media facet of the Federation.

Ché Biko

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: 05 Aug 2015, 14:23 »

I think the issue was not so much if the senate can be visited by civilians, but if Aria can be convinced she can visit it without issues.
-OOChé

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: 07 Aug 2015, 11:49 »

Thoughts still more than welcome, and anyone interested is invited to drag in anyone ELSE they think might be interested.

If we don't see any further movement, I'll go ahead and get the individual planning stage started.

People wanting to host particular places or events are welcome to contact me either here or in-game. IC invitations happily entertained!

Ché Biko

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: 10 Aug 2015, 07:51 »

No longer than three days, if possible.
What do you mean with this? Before the show gets on the road? The duration of the trip?
-OOChé

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: 10 Aug 2015, 18:02 »

No longer than three days, if possible.
What do you mean with this? Before the show gets on the road? The duration of the trip?
It was a somewhat optimistic hope for when we'd actually be setting these "visits" in motion.

(Also, suggestions for Gallentean-ish places to hang out in-game would be more than welcome. Aria's going to kinda be spinning her wheels and killing people for lack of anything better to do until I actually have someplace for her to GO.)

Sahriah Bloodstone

• Clonejack
« Reply #14 on: 14 Aug 2015, 13:50 »

This sounds really interesting. Depending on how open you want to make it, I'd love to attend anything related to the Intaki and Achur as they are both things Sahriah is currently learning about.

I haven't been able to keep up with Aria's journey as much as I'd have liked to, but if you plan on doing much on Caldari prime, it might be interesting to visit a 'Way of the Winds' shrine if you haven't already.
https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Caldari_spirituality

Either way I'll be watching this with interest!
Pages: [1] 2 3