Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the DED and the Sisters of EVE cooperate on audits of megacorps? (The Burning Life p 35)

Author Topic: Hueromont, 21700AD (Channel RP experiment)  (Read 2055 times)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
Hueromont, 21700AD (Channel RP experiment)
« on: 17 Jun 2010, 16:40 »

I've been playing too much Dragon Age.

Anyway, it's a science fiction universe where plenty of room for virtual reality simulation exists I'm sure. I've created a channel which is so far empty, I intend to write an MOTD for it when I don't feel like I'm going to pass out. Possibly associated channels regarding how "big" I want the environment to be.

Basically, it's an VR historical simulation of the city of Hueromont which I'm going to assume is the capital of the Garoun Empire, on the Garoun continent of course, during the reign of Doule dos Rouvenor II in the year 21700AD, seventeen years before his son the Third comes into power. There isn't really much to go on, but I assume Garoun is at war with the opposing country of Morthane, from the Armor of Rouvenor description. Of course this description also states that Garoun is a "temporal paradise", and how Rouvenor is a "supposed mythical hero-king". I, however, will just go by what the is written in the timeline.

The aesthetic will be a combination of Greek, Roman and high Western European influence. If you take a look at the Brutix, the hull colour I imagine could be the general colour of the building materials, the green cap being the copper-eroded roofs perhaps. At least, this would be in the planned city centre...outside the inner sanctum I imagine it would be different. I know jack about medieval settlements so perhaps people can help me there.

I guess the locations would be a Temple based on the Lunar Gods (snazzier name later I guess), where I would use Kaleigh's pantheon, a tavern, a market, an arena and who knows...please, just SUGGEST YOUR OWN THINGS CAUSE IT WOULD BE AWESOME (I did that because I know you guys can be far more creative than me, and want to use your suggestions).

The RP rules are enforced I imagine. Everyone, though they will appear to other plugged in capsuleers as themselves, would appear to the VR's characters as Gallente...though, given the stage of the planet back then, I imagine they would be quite diverse (you have pale skinned and olive skinned Gallente in character creation after all). Any mention of ANYTHING that is not "in-universe", such as Caldari or Intaki or whatever will be blocked by the program, coming out as gibberish to the simulation. But other than that, it's ye olde medieval RP.

However, should this be set earlier, or later? Setting it earlier, the setting gets murkier, where the concepts such as Garoun and Morthane being at war gets unclear. Setting it later, however, such as the Third's era of "technological advancement" potentially compromises everything being purely medieval...

This might just be controversial, but who knows. It's meant to be a little fun, even if it might only be RPed amongst myself and a couple others. Let's hear what you have to contribute!

Arvo Katsuya

• Noble Appliance
  • Egger
Re: Hueromont, 21700AD (Channel RP experiment)
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jun 2010, 18:42 »

...are you... proposing... an EVE LARP?

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #2 on: 18 Jun 2010, 04:13 »

:lol:

I guess that's exactly what it is, yeah.

Come on, Amarr/Minmatar RP is the equivalent of medieval RP! :P

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 18 Jun 2010, 20:26 »

nerf Brutor barbarians, way too OP imho....
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #4 on: 18 Jun 2010, 21:12 »

This sounds more like a meta-IC MOO... wow, that just blew my mind.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #5 on: 19 Jun 2010, 18:07 »

Proof that even in the far future, with power inexpressible at their fingertips, people are total nerds.

I approve, even if I probably don't have time to play along myself.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.